Coach Sal: Bills have met with Cowher twice

Fingon

what more is there to discuss...hire the guy. how about a clause that says we will give you 20mil per season and lifetime supply of Duffs chicken wings but you need to win the super bowl within 3 years

what more is there to discuss...hire the guy. how about a clause that says we will give you 20mil per season and lifetime supply of Duffs chicken wings but you need to win the super bowl within 3 years

If it were that easy. You can't force somone to take a job they don't want. Not saying Cowher won't come to Buffalo but he will decide. Nothing will make him take it.

PTR

This kills it - too much leakage from Cowher = Cowher working the Bils to leverage an offer by someone else.

I really don't think that's the angle. He's Bill Cowher for Christ's sake. It's widely known that his asking price is ten mil per with some control. He is one guy that doesn't need to play the leverage game. Plus if he does want to coach this year, his list of suitors has shrunk over the past few weeks.

This kills it - too much leakage from Cowher = Cowher working the Bils to leverage an offer by someone else.

Do you really think that premier coach like Cowher needs the Bills so he can "leverage" a better deal. He is worth what he is worth...

Why would a coach in such demand need leverage?

Not necessarily leverage, but it could drive up the price. I don't know if he's money-hungry or not though. I can't really think of too many other situations that he would take, minus the Carolina job because it is so close to home. I think Fox returns thee next year and the planets are aligning for Cowher to be the Bills next head coach.

The thing is that if we met with him twice, or should I say HE MET WITH US TWICE, why would he do that if he wasn't interested?

The meetings and subsequent leaks could be an effort to get the Carolina, Tampa and/or Houston management groups to show their cards. There is NO downside for Cowher to meet with the Bills 20 times and continue leaking.

The meetings and subsequent leaks could be an effort to get the Carolina, Tampa and/or Houston management groups to show their cards. There is NO downside for Cowher to meet with the Bills 20 times and continue leaking.

If Cowher isn't the HC by the end of the week, he isn't going to be the HC. If we have really met twice AND he is calling assistang coaches then a decision is coming soon.

Hey if it's not him, Get Billick in here