Official Week 17 Game thread vs. Colts

justnzane

I still don't understand the fascination with Brohm. Exactly how many practice squad QBs have ended up having all-pro careers? If he had that much promise the coaches would have found a way to get him in. This is valuable snow-game experience for Fitz and quite the confidence builder. You need that in a backup.

The "fascination" stems from Brohm being largely unknown, whereas we know about Fitz. And how many snow games do you see the Bills playing annually, much less the backup QB?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Any playing time is better than no playing time. And Fitzpatrick is what he is. What's "silly" is saying that playing Brohm is pointless.

Thanks to STL, KC, Detroit, and TB, the Bills never realistically had a shot at the 1st or 2nd overall pick. Not that I'd want them to pick that high this year, since there's no great player available, outside of maybe Suh.

So if the result of this game doesn't change the Bills pick (as you said in an earlier post), exactly what was your point?

Brohm will get his chance---nothing done or not done today will change that in even the slightest way.

Interesting that Mcyntire is getting the carries as opposed to Marshawn.

I wonder why as well but it's hardly relevant. Decisions made by a coach minutes away from the end of his head coaching career's hardly are.

3rd string Tyler Thigpen, 2 TDs to bring the Dolphins to within 3 points of the Steelers

Who would have thought

And if Tyler is injured after replacing the injured Pat White who replaced the injured Chad Henne, who's the QB?

Thigpen is a guy I wanted the Bills to get. :thumbsup:

Coach Sal reports the Bills have a succession plan, which was the #1 concern for Cowher. Curious and curiouser!

PTR

Ya think Cowher would get a minority % ownership in the team

That way, even if the team is moved after the auction, Cowher benefits from the auction and final value of the team upon sale

I still don't understand the fascination with Brohm. Exactly how many practice squad QBs have ended up having all-pro careers? If he had that much promise the coaches would have found a way to get him in. This is valuable snow-game experience for Fitz and quite the confidence builder. You need that in a backup.

Brohm isnt your typical practice squad QB...he was a second round pick in 2008 that a lot of people had rated as first round talent

and how many practice squad RB's ended up having 1,000 yard seasons?

And the upside of starting Fitzpatrick is...? Those who laughably claimed that Brohm would be injured or hindered by starting last weekend were woefully wrong. And even if you think that Fewell was right to start Fitz, there is no excuse for not giving Brohm the start in the 2nd half, with the team winning 24-7.

I wouldn't argue with giving Brohm some cleanup time, but I would also start the guy with the most experience with the guys on the field. So did Fewell.

So if the result of this game doesn't change the Bills pick (as you said in an earlier post), exactly what was your point?

I said there's a chance. Might want to get those bifocals checked. And with the ways the games are turning now, that chance might be gone.

Ya think Cowher would get a minority % ownership in the team

That way, even if the team is moved after the auction, Cowher benefits from the auction and final value of the team upon sale

No mention recently but that was reported as possible for Shanahan. I have to belive an equity stake is something CAR and TBAY can't match.

PTR

I wouldn't argue with giving Brohm some cleanup time, but I would also start the guy with the most experience with the guys on the field. So did Fewell.

And really what is the point of giving him clean-up time at this point if to just hand off?