Official Week 17 Game thread vs. Colts

justnzane

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. Thanks for the answers. Was just curious.

From my quick scan of the standings, the best possible (draft) scenario would be:

Cleveland, Washington, Seattle & Oakland all win (giving CLE & WAS 5 wins, Seattle and OAK 6 wins) and Buffalo loses. That would put Buffalo somewhere between 5 and 7. The worst would be 10th.

Right?

Wes Welker is injured

There goes NE's playoff chances

For all the criticism the colts have got for resting players, heres a reason you do it. Bilicheck has suffered from his own arrogance this season. From going for on his own 28 against Indy to bypassing a first half FG that would of won the Dolphins game, hes possibly cost his team 2 wins. Im not sure what they had to play for, but losing Welker is a huge blow to that offense.

For all the criticism the colts have got for resting players, heres a reason you do it. Bilicheck has suffered from his own arrogance this season. From going for on his own 28 against Indy to bypassing a first half FG that would of won the Dolphins game, hes possibly cost his team 2 wins. Im not sure what they had to play for, but losing Welker is a huge blow to that offense.

Pats and Bengals are still playing for the 3rd and 4th seeds....dont know if its worth it but i like that their players are playing

i dont know what arrogance and resting your players has do with each other though

the Giants played their starters in that meaningless week 17 game for them against the Pats and ended up rolling to the super bowl

and thats prob all we will see of Manning and starters today

Gotta give 'em props... they had one goal - get Clark and Wayne 100 catches, each. They did just that with screens and dump offs, but they accomplished their goal.

Yeah, except Indy is trying to get two players 100 receptions on the season, i.e. going for a record. Why not rest all of your starters today if you are Indy? Makes no sense, so the welker injury has no bearing. Not only that, they played the starters last week until the 3rd quarter. chit or get off the pot Indy.

I was actually excited for Indy last week until they pulled that crap. I wanted them to win so that it would overshadow the *pats (that was my reasoning). But after last week and now TODAY (going for stats), they can suck it!

Gotta give 'em props... they had one goal - get Clark and Wayne 100 catches, each. They did just that with screens and dump offs, but they accomplished their goal.

and why couldnt they do this last week?