T.O. the failed experiment

seq004

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty interesting. I'm sure somone will sign him. I'm glad he's leaving. T-Over

Carucci's article was on the point. He called it exactly as it was: a business investment that was successful. Wilson has absolutely no respect for the fans in Buffalo. He thinks we are fools because it takes so little to keep us in line. In reality, we are ardent football fans. Unfortunately, we either must support the Bills or go without an NFL team. Ralph isn't fooling us, but he's holding all the high cards.

The move did exactly what it was supposed to do, sell tickets and merchandise. I have been saying it since the moment he signed. It was a buisness move to get fans back after the fans started giving the team heat for keeping Jauron and extending his contract. It was a win win on both sides. The Bills keep fans buying season tickets and jerseys, and TO gets on a team for the season to show he can still play and be a good team player.

The Front office knew they weren't going to be Super Bowl contenders this season, and knew fans were angry with the end of last season. They were hoping that the team was good enough to atleast make a push for the playoffs and if all went well, maybe TO might give them that extra push to the post season too.

TO did just enough to get through the year as a "good team player" and hopes that it can get him a contract that he can end his career with.

The move did exactly what it was meant to do, put butts in the seats for another season

My God, even Carucci lowered himself to bashing Owens in his article (or collection of anonymous bull **** quotes, whatever that POS piece was). Yeah he dropped a few and looked disinterested in fighting for badly thrown balls a few times. Yup, he sure did. But if he had the efffing ball thrown to him even HALF of the times he had a step on his coverage, he'd have been right up there with the receiving leaders, no doubt about it. The tape doesn't lie. He was open more often than Paris Hilton's legs.

What was he supposed to do, throw himself the goddam ball? :rolleyes:

Player Rec Yds avg Long TD

Terrell Owens 51 764 15.0 98 4

Fred Jackson 44 356 8.1 21 1

Lee Evans 40 563 14.1 50 6

Does this mean we should get rid of Lee Evans too? Hes making close to 9 millions a year(( http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...t=NFL&id=26 ))) and has awful numbers.

I dont think TO was a great success on the field but Evans is a disaster. look at those numbers. We got a lot more bang for the buck with TO.

you pay big money for a down field WR like T.O. then you rip the Offensive line apart so there's no time to throw down field- that's par for the course with the Bills- Have a mobile QB who likes to throw long? make him stay in the pocket and throw short, Make slow footed Bledsoe roll out and don't forget to take away His long ball(Price) and his safety valves TE, FB- got a 1200 yard RB and a coach fighting for his life, and a bunch of needs? spend a 1st on a RB who won't even be able to play for a year cause his leg almost fell off- Have you guys ever considered that Wilson may not like us? in fact that he may hate us.