Charlie Weiss

jahbonas

QB is the most important position in the NFL and nobody develops them better than Charlie Weiss...

He helped groom a young 6th rd QB in Tom Brady to develop very quickly ahead of any expectations

He helped Brady Quinn evolve into a Rd1 draft pick (Quinn has since regressed after leaving Weiss)

Finally takes talented Jimmy Clausen and has him realize his potential by getting him to be a likely top5 pick after only his junior year....

Weiss knows how to develop qbs and he knows how to protect qbs....he'd be a great choice as head coach.

Forget about his W=L record in college....winning in college is based on recruiting ability not scheme

QB is the most important position in the NFL and nobody develops them better than Charlie Weiss...

He helped groom a young 6th rd QB in Tom Brady to develop very quickly ahead of any expectations

He helped Brady Quinn evolve into a Rd1 draft pick (Quinn has since regressed after leaving Weiss)

Finally takes talented Jimmy Clausen and has him realize his potential by getting him to be a likely top5 pick after only his junior year....

Weiss knows how to develop qbs and he knows how to protect qbs....he'd be a great choice as head coach.

Forget about his W=L record in college....winning in college is based on recruiting ability not scheme

I don't think so. People are talking about how we would have been happy to have him instead of Mularkey. But that was before Spygate. His success as an OC at NE is tainted, and he was an outright failure at ND.

I go back to Gregg Williams first season in Buffalo, the Bills played the Pats very tough defensively in those two games. Weis did not look like any genius. Thereafter it was almost as if the Pats new EXACTLY what the Bills were doing. Seriously, it was exasperating. Now, we might know why.

By the time the Pats got busted, they were actually the most talented and well seasoned team in the NFL so their humble beginnings under Belichick/Weis/Crennel were somewhat overlooked. Besides that, they were playing a far more wide-open and successful style of football. And look at what a mess his co-genius Romeo made in Cleveland.

I don't think Weis is HC material at the NFL level and certainly doesn't deserve any opportunity. As a coordinator.....he might be good, he might be bad, but giving the keys to the franchise to someone who might be a total fraud is not too appealing, IMO.

Charlie Weis is a failure as a head coach.

Charlie Weis is a sore loser who acted without class when he repeated an unsubstantiated rumor about the sex life of another coach.

Charlie Weis is lacking in self-discipline and is a terrible example for players.

Pass.

Charlie Weis is a failure as a head coach.

Charlie Weis is a sore loser who acted without class when he repeated an unsubstantiated rumor about the sex life of another coach.

Charlie Weis is lacking in self-discipline and is a terrible example for players.

Pass.

Are you saying that because he's fat? or is there something I am missing?

If it is because he's fat it makes no sense and is hypocritical.

1.) Many fat guys are good coaches. Parcels and Andy Reid for instance.

2.) I am quite sure there are plenty of coaches who smoke or drink too much. Is that not a problem ?

3.) Do you have any vices? I would bet you do.

Not saying Weiss would or wouldn't be a good choice. I really don't know too much about him. I'm just saying that your comment seems to me to be nonsense.

I don't think so. People are talking about how we would have been happy to have him instead of Mularkey. But that was before Spygate. His success as an OC at NE is tainted, and he was an outright failure at ND.

I go back to Gregg Williams first season in Buffalo, the Bills played the Pats very tough defensively in those two games. Weis did not look like any genius. Thereafter it was almost as if the Pats new EXACTLY what the Bills were doing. Seriously, it was exasperating. Now, we might know why.

By the time the Pats got busted, they were actually the most talented and well seasoned team in the NFL so their humble beginnings under Belichick/Weis/Crennel were somewhat overlooked. Besides that, they were playing a far more wide-open and successful style of football. And look at what a mess his co-genius Romeo made in Cleveland.

I don't think Weis is HC material at the NFL level and certainly doesn't deserve any opportunity. As a coordinator.....he might be good, he might be bad, but giving the keys to the franchise to someone who might be a total fraud is not too appealing, IMO.

this is true

Weis is only on the list because he would come cheap since ND is still paying him

I agree we will end up with Weis or Haslett or someone of that ilk, unless ralph's wife takes over the team, which would put the big name gms and coaches back in play...