Please Hire Ron Wolf as our new GM

box0life

Wolf is retired and has indicated no desire to return to professional football as far as I know.

He will turn 71 years old the day after tomorrow, for what it's worth.

Ditto.

Wolf could be hired to lead the search for GM and do an organizational review, etc.

but is a bit long in the tooth to take on the job himself.

Last year Cleveland hired Wolf to perform this exact function, but Randy Lerner did not take his recommendation and instead hired Kokanis and Mangini.

Who did Wolf recommend? Bill Polian protege David Gettleman who is currently the Director of Pro Personnel for the New York Giants.

Ditto.

Wolf could be hired to lead the search for GM and do an organizational review, etc.

Last year Cleveland hired Wolf to perform this exact function, but Randy Lerner did not take his recommendation and instead hired Kokanis and Mangini.

Who did Wolf recommend? Bill Polian protege David Gettleman who is currently the Director of Pro Personnel for the New York Giants.

Excellent idea bring in Wolf as an outside perspective in order to gut the front office and coaching staff and help us out on getting the right guys in there to replace them. It wouldn't require him to be full time but its a role he can still preform well and would help us out.

I have this feeling that Ralph wants to clean house but is afraid to do so because of the possibility of not knowing who to replace guys with. Hiring Wolf to do an organizational review gets us started in the right way by not only gutting the inner circle BUT having guys who are good and competent to replace them.

Because if Ralph cleans house its only going to be a good move if he replaces Guy and Mordack with capable replacements other wise its just the same crap with different names to flame on a message board.

Ditto.

Incorrect. The Browns brought in ex-Colts and Giants GM Ernie Accorsi, who advised them to hire Gettleman.

Gettleman happens to be my No. 1 GM choice. I've read up on him quite a bit and it was indeed Accorsi -- not Wolf -- who recommended him to Cleveland.

Excellent idea bring in Wolf as an outside perspective in order to gut the front office and coaching staff and help us out on getting the right guys in there to replace them. It wouldn't require him to be full time but its a role he can still preform well and would help us out.

I have this feeling that Ralph wants to clean house but is afraid to do so because of the possibility of not knowing who to replace guys with. Hiring Wolf to do an organizational review gets us started in the right way by not only gutting the inner circle BUT having guys who are good and competent to replace them.

Because if Ralph cleans house its only going to be a good move if he replaces Guy and Mordack with capable replacements other wise its just the same crap with different names to flame on a message board.

ralph has no clue and makes a bigger mistake not hiring someone who does.

i think right now the bills are seeing what coaches are even interested so they can then be approached once a gm is hired. wilson is on record for saying the team "has to move forward" and that "every part of the organization will be examined." i expect the bills to hire someone in the middle of january and then let that new gm hire his coach, his scouts etc. russ brandon will be deciding who will be the next gm and i trust him in that role, after that he will step aside and go back to marketing. right now the bills could talk to

ron wolf

decosta

gettleman

and the guy under polian in indy.

greg gabriel

im sure there are others, there are plenty of qualified gm we could hire including lombardi and casserly....

the main thing brandon should focus on does this new gm have a record of drafting well, that is the main thing he should focus on. the next thing is overhaul this offense , pick a offensive minded coach ala charlie weis....

Let me see. I'm 71 and have all the money I want. I could (a) enjoy my grandchildren, travel, write a book...or (b) sign up for a 5-6 year stint of unending stress and time away from my family to build one of the losingest franchises in the last 15 years with no promise that the owner doesn't die and I am stuck with no money to spend on a team that could then move.

Yeah, thanks but I'll pass.

if wilson dies doesnt the team just go to his family? whats the big deal. kelly is going to eventually own it anyway.

im sure ron wolf wouldnt mind coming here for 1 year and then pick his replacement....

And where is Kelly getting said billion dollars?

And when Wilson dies, the team won't pass easy breezy to his kids--there will be a rough transition time between the heirs (who don't want the team) and whoever comes next.

kelly has tons on investors that are already on record saying they would love to take ownership of the bills. he has the money....

who are the heirs? and why do they not want the team, its a money machine. bills fans are loyal. am i missing something....

Please elaborate. Do you have these names on record?

Let me see. I'm 71 and have all the money I want. I could (a) enjoy my grandchildren, travel, write a book...or (b) sign up for a 5-6 year stint of unending stress and time away from my family to build one of the losingest franchises in the last 15 years with no promise that the owner doesn't die and I am stuck with no money to spend on a team that could then move.

Yeah, thanks but I'll pass.

Easier said than done.

You're not Ron Wolf, so it's very possible that he's not thinking this way. Like many coaches, GMs who "retired" sometimes itch to get back into the game and do what makes them happy. Your points are heard, but it may just be that he wants to get back into the unending stress of building a team into a winner.