Forget Clausen

major

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love Ryan Mallet with our first overall pick. Would realy love Suh with our first pick. You cant say its not possible because you DO REALIZE that you can trade your following years and the year after that and the year after thats draft picks right? !@#$ it....give St.Louis our first this year plus our first next year for 1st overall n grab suh. Trade our 2nd and 3rd this year and 2nd next year to get back into first and grab mallet. Or wait till the 2nd round and grab Pike. one of those 2 qbs i would like.

Would love Ryan Mallet with our first overall pick. Would realy love Suh with our first pick. You cant say its not possible because you DO REALIZE that you can trade your following years and the year after that and the year after thats draft picks right? !@#$ it....give St.Louis our first this year plus our first next year for 1st overall n grab suh. Trade our 2nd and 3rd this year and 2nd next year to get back into first and grab mallet. Or wait till the 2nd round and grab Pike. one of those 2 qbs i would like.

too mnay needs to trade high picks now & future for 1 player.

Ain't no QB in this draft that's going to do squat for at least 3 years. And, if the Bills don't get competent tackles in here pronto, no QB is going to be worth a damn.

Klausen is a myth. He's Rick Mirer, Brady Quinn, Ron Powlus all wrapped in one. Notre Dame ain't had a QB worth a carbon atom come out in 30 years, and this year is no exception.

The Doctor is in...... or maybe on, all this Clausen talk is cart before the horse, among other things

I'm tired of hearing this "bring Clausen" to Buffalo crap. Draft Jevan Snead from Ole Miss.

Snead SUCKED when I saw him play, and it wasn't against very good teams either...no thanks...I don't know what people see in this kid, but I see a guy who can't play QB in the NFL...

I'm tired of hearing this "bring Clausen" to Buffalo crap. Draft Jevan Snead from Ole Miss.

Snead is worse than JP Losman. You have no idea what you are talking about. Snead was never any good either. Kiper and MCShay talked about him because they had no clue. Then, this year he sucks and he is not going to declare. Snead blows. Id rather have Tebow starting the season opener next year - and thats saying something.

Go back to playing your franchise in Madden, we didn't ask to hear what your plans were for the draft in that.

Bingo.

It all starts,

or stops,

with the offensive line.

Any QB you put behind these ushers is like a pork chop in a lion's cage.

Green Bay and Pittsburgh disagree with you. Obviously, you want a great oline. I'm in favor of taking the best OT and DT available with our first. But that is based on the fact that IMO, there isn't a true franchise QB available. But franchise QBs can make teams. Look around the good teams in the NFL. They majority of them don't have olines loaded with 1st rounders or high picks. It's a QB league and if you don't have a good one, you are gonna struggle.

And I had high hopes for Snead but he looked really bad in the games I saw. he needs another year. But Dexter McCluster is gonna be a big play guy in this league for years to come.

Green Bay and Pittsburgh disagree with you. Obviously, you want a great oline. I'm in favor of taking the best OT and DT available with our first. But that is based on the fact that IMO, there isn't a true franchise QB available. But franchise QBs can make teams. Look around the good teams in the NFL. They majority of them don't have olines loaded with 1st rounders or high picks. It's a QB league and if you don't have a good one, you are gonna struggle.

And I had high hopes for Snead but he looked really bad in the games I saw. he needs another year. But Dexter McCluster is gonna be a big play guy in this league for years to come.

couldnt agree more

pitt, chargers, bengals, texans, packers, cardinals, saints all have average olines... to win in this league you have find a franchise qb. our first pick must be clausen, bradford , or mallett. we have no choice.

couldnt agree more

pitt, chargers, bengals, texans, packers, cardinals, saints all have average olines... to win in this league you have find a franchise qb. our first pick must be clausen, bradford , or mallett. we have no choice.

But that's how we will get ourselves into more trouble. We drafted Losman because we went into that draft wanting a QB and panicked after we couldn't get Big Ben (could you imagine if we had Big Ben :thumbsup: ). Like I said, we need a franchise guy but I'm very down on this year's class. I think Bradford has bust written all over him and would do terrible here. I've very mixed on Clausen because I've seen Brady Quinn look like the same player (actually slighty better #s and Ws wise) and wonder if it is the system. Mallett is very interesting though, I'm not sure if he comes out and would probably be a reach at that point.

That's why we need an offensive coach so badly and why I kinda like Weis. Analyze this team all you want, but even with all our problems, a franchise QB and we could be in playoff contention. We need to find a real QB and not settle and pray for average guys like Losman and Edwards.

But that's how we will get ourselves into more trouble. We drafted Losman because we went into that draft wanting a QB and panicked after we couldn't get Big Ben (could you imagine if we had Big Ben :thumbsup: ). Like I said, we need a franchise guy but I'm very down on this year's class. I think Bradford has bust written all over him and would do terrible here. I've very mixed on Clausen because I've seen Brady Quinn look like the same player (actually slighty better #s and Ws wise) and wonder if it is the system. Mallett is very interesting though, I'm not sure if he comes out and would probably be a reach at that point.

That's why we need an offensive coach so badly and why I kinda like Weis. Analyze this team all you want, but even with all our problems, a franchise QB and we could be in playoff contention. We need to find a real QB and not settle and pray for average guys like Losman and Edwards.

Bingo, the lack of importance placed on the qb position is astounding on this board. Now you will have guys like the Philster that will tell you time & time again that the qb is only one small cog of the engine & that football is the ultimate team game. I think that line of thinking is totally wrong. Lets take a look at the teams that are going to the playoffs this year - Dallas/Philly/Arizona/NO/Green bay/Minn/NE/Indy/Cincy/SD/Baltimore/Jets everyone of those teams maybe outside of the jets have their franchise qb in place. Interesting stat, Manning has been sacked the last 4 years 1 in every 47 times he drops back to pass. Think about that. Is it because indy has very good pass protection?????? Maybe, but they have had turnover in their line. Watch Manning, 90% of his dropbacks the ball is out of his hand in under 3 seconds. He does not give the defense a chance to get to him. Take Manning off the colts & they are no better then a 5 win team this year. Put Manning on the Bills & we are 12-4 this year.

Now their train of thought should be is there a qb that is worth taking with the 8th/9th pick in the draft. Is there a franchise qb out there this year. Not sure. I do know that I am pretty high on Clausen & I do like Bradford(not sure why everyone is so down on him). After that Pike & the kid from Houston would be right behind them. Tough decision, hopefully the bills do not f*ck it up like they f*ck everything else up.

and here we go....

Snead is absolutely terrible. If you have ever seen the kid play, you would know this. He had just about an equal Td/Int ratio at 20-17. Only completed 54% of his passes. If you want any SEC kid, get Mallett from Arkansas. Kid is a great NFL prospect with his size at 6-7 240 and threw 29 tds, 7 ints, completed 60% of his passes and tossed for 3500 yards, all this against the same competition that Snead went up against. Watch some game film or highlights and educate yourself for im sure you may start to feel the same.

Agree 100%. Mallet is great. He may stay next year though but he is ready to come out now. Too bad we have absolutely no foundation to help this kid succeed. He reminds me a lot of Bledsoe. Cannon arm, great awareness and accuracy but lead footed. Behind our OL that is a baaad thing. All of his WRs are returning so he may be staying put.