College Football tradition

LewPort71

What is your favorite football tradition ?? A special game, ritual , band ??

Mine is the script writing of "Ohio" by the OSU band....I have seen this three times in person and if you can't get pumped up by this, you don't have a pulse ...(OR are a Michigan fan...)

When the sousaphone player 'dots' the "i" the stadium went nuts and I loved it...

btw..i am not an OSU alumni , but I love this tradition...

I'd have to say the dotting of the I too. And the ND leprechaun doing push-ups after every TD.

Tho if a Canada goose were to die in a Rosen landing on the blue Boise State field during a game, that would rock too.

At UConn, they're struggling to come up with some unique traditions. This probably has more to do with the newness of the program to D-I but it's pretty lame when you're just copying other teams' stuff. So far, the cheerleaders plagiarize the push-ups thing and the band plays ala Michigan after TDs. Well, we could always have a reprise of the UConn cops pepper spraying the crowd and unleashing their lunging, foaming-at-the-mouth police dogs every game. That'd be fun....

The march-on of Cadets and Midshipmen prior to the Army-Navy game.

If this doesn't get you fired up, the pilot light is OUT!

129167[/snapback]

Although there are several great traditions at Notre Dame that make a game in South Bend special, I have to agree with you. There is nothing like watching our servicemen/women marching in before a game (or anywhere else for that matter).

The entire corp of Midshipmen marched into the Meadowlands this year before the Navy-ND game....it was quite a sight, and I was proud that they received a huge standing O from the crowd.

Go Army, Navy and Air Force!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.