QBs to trade for

rpcolosi

This is the best compilation I could come up with:

Young guys we should trade for and develop (not named Brohm) - Curtis Painter or Drew Willy (both colts)

Someone we could trade for and start next year -

1.) Troy Smith (he's VY but a better passer and a little slower)

2.) Delhomme (he might just need a change of scenery, worth a shot if cut)

3.) Brodie Croyle (has shown flashes the past 2 years, never got a chance cause he was thrown into the fire immediately)

4.) Pennington (we'd be a missed tackle away from Fitzpatrick again, and Lee would never see a deep ball)

5.) Losman (yes i still think he's got something)

6.) Todd Collins (still has a rocket, not many miles on him, and has shown that he has grown since he was last a Bill)

7.) Alex Smith (I doubt that San Fran wants to dump him now, but if they go back to Shaun Hill I'd like him)

---side note - he is the reason I don't think we should give up on Trent yet Or should've given up on Losman.

and the one guy I'd LOVE to get if we could pry him from the Eagles is

8.)Kevin Kolb... guy looks like Aaron Rodgers just biding his time behind an HOFer and we know McNabb isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Our best bet is clearly the trade route for one of these guys. probably the most upside is Kolb with Delhomme being the best bet of the veterans.

So there you have it. Thats my research from top to bottom of every roster in this league. Brandon, if you are listening, start dangling a 3rd rounder for some of these guys...

They all suck or are unavailable.....and we'll know more about Brohm in a few hours won't we?!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How pathetic is it when Bills fans want awful QBs from other teams, as if they will magically start playing well in Buffalo.

PTR

........we are all eagerly waiting for your QB suggestion. You take easy potshots at others whenever you can, so you must have all the answers. Who would you like to be the QB next season Promo?

........we are all eagerly waiting for your QB suggestion. You take easy potshots at others whenever you can, so you must have all the answers. Who would you like to be the QB next season Promo?

I'd like it to be someone drafted in the first round by a new GM and scouting staff that knows what to look for in a QB...

Young guys we should trade for and develop (not named Brohm) - Curtis Painter or Drew Willy (both colts)

3.) Brodie Croyle (has shown flashes the past 2 years, never got a chance cause he was thrown into the fire immediately)

4.) Pennington (we'd be a missed tackle away from Fitzpatrick again, and Lee would never see a deep ball)

6.) Todd Collins (still has a rocket, not many miles on him, and has shown that he has grown since he was last a Bill)

7.) Alex Smith (I doubt that San Fran wants to dump him now, but if they go back to Shaun Hill I'd like him)

---side note - he is the reason I don't think we should give up on Trent yet Or should've given up on Losman.

8.)Kevin Kolb... guy looks like Aaron Rodgers just biding his time behind an HOFer and we know McNabb isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Our best bet is clearly the trade route for one of these guys. probably the most upside is Kolb with Delhomme being the best bet of the veterans.

So there you have it. Thats my research from top to bottom of every roster in this league. Brandon, if you are listening, start dangling a 3rd rounder for some of these guys...

this thread lost it's credibility when you typed l-o-s-m-a-n

What about Sage Rosenfels? He got a raw deal in Minn. He won't cost as much as Kolb and I think he can be a good starter for 2 - 3 yrs, til our oline is rebuilt and the franchise qb drafted in '10 or '11 matures. I'm not saying he is the answer but an option to cosider for sure.

I have never seen a QB lose a game all by himself in the last 5 minutes of a game the way Rosenfels did against Indy...

NO thanks, with a capital NO

I'd like it to be someone drafted in the first round by a new GM and scouting staff that knows what to look for in a QB...

That's a very valid opinion but surely you don't want to pin your hopes to that rookie, right? I think it would only logical to have a FA come in and start in front of the rookie or be there if said rookie struggles. TE and Fitz have proven to be backups in this league and rookies are always a crapshoot. The FA crop is weak but the issue still has to be addressed.

I like your thinking, but only Kolb has a bright future - I believe - the rest are retreads. It might cost $$$ for him and he may have flourished because he was playing in Philly's system and with Philly's OL. I also have some hesitancy trading for a QB from Univ. of Houston (see Andre Ware and David Klingler). There had better be real strong conviction on him because, Philly is gonna want A LOT and I bet we are not the only team interested. I feel we should being in a veteran for the transition and draft a QB (2nd or 3rd round) and allow him to learn. Just my two cents.

Anybody for Dennis Dixon?

Dennis Dixon deserves a shot. I look at him and Troy Smith the same way. They both are backups who have looked decent in limited playing time, both are on teams with permanent starters, both have had injuries to overcome, and both have been labeled as strong leaders.

Thank you for recognizing that I DO have all the answers. :wacko:

And since you asked, I would not draft any QB in the fist round this year. I would concentrate on O-line, D-line and LBs in the first 3 rounds. If we do draft a QB I would select either Pike from Cincinnati or LeFevour from Central Michigan. If we do trade for a QB I would consider David Garrard from Jax. No one on the list posted earlier is worth considering except Kolb and you are dreaming if you think the Eagles will part with him.

Fitzpatrick and Edwards are done in Buffalo. If Brohm can be a serviceable starter I would consider NOT even getting a QB in 2010 if we put all of our draft and free agent budget into improving the 3 areas I mentioned before. My logic is it's pointless to bring in a potential franchise QB if he is just going to go 3-and-out all day and get killed behind a porous line. Fix the D. Fix the run game and pass blocking and even a run-of-the-mill QB starts looking like a pro bowler.

You're welcome.

PTR

actually this team should trade a draft pick or two considering our last 10 years of drafting has been horrible. George Allen helped build the 'skins by trading away every draft pick for proven commodities. While this is a stupid thing to do now a days, it is a very good method of getting good, readily available NFL talent for a team that is NOT a desired destination amongst FAs. That is Buffalo. Its not a wonder our best personnel move of the past 5 years has come via trade - the Stroud deal.

We can NOT attract FAs nor are we in a position to start throwing money at people (ie Kawika) to get them here. We are better off trading for commodities at this point and drafting smartly.

Very good post. We traded a 3rd and 5th for Stroud, thats like trading Chris Ellis and Alvin Bowen (2008). It was rumored that the Browns were willing to trade Shaun Rodgers and Brady Quinn before the deadline. Trading a 3rd for Shaun Rodgers would be great value. Same with Quinn. Where in the draft could you possibly get that value? We cannot lure FAs so we must trade for them. (I am not saying Quinn should start for us, just saying it would be great value. The QB position sucks so much we need backs too dont forget) And really Rodgers is better than Mt Cody. We could drat Cody in Rd1 or trade a 3rd and 5th for Rodgers... Id take Rodgers every time

Thank you for recognizing that I DO have all the answers. :wacko:

And since you asked, I would not draft any QB in the fist round this year. I would concentrate on O-line, D-line and LBs in the first 3 rounds. If we do draft a QB I would select either Pike from Cincinnati or LeFevour from Central Michigan. If we do trade for a QB I would consider David Garrard from Jax. No one on the list posted earlier is worth considering except Kolb and you are dreaming if you think the Eagles will part with him.

Fitzpatrick and Edwards are done in Buffalo. If Brohm can be a serviceable starter I would consider NOT even getting a QB in 2010 if we put all of our draft and free agent budget into improving the 3 areas I mentioned before. My logic is it's pointless to bring in a potential franchise QB if he is just going to go 3-and-out all day and get killed behind a porous line. Fix the D. Fix the run game and pass blocking and even a run-of-the-mill QB starts looking like a pro bowler.

You're welcome.

PTR

1. David Garrard is not going anywhere. The Jags aren't going to let him go without a better option and rookie Tim Tebow is not starting. Kolb is not realistic either. You would have to put together a Matt Schaub or Rob Johnson style package for them. The team can't rebuild it's lines by trading away picks.

2. If Brohm can be a serviceable starter? Do you think he's going to prove that over the next two weeks? Even if he plays well, I sure as hell wouldn't want to just name him the starter and not have a backup plan.

3. I agree with no QB in the first round.

4. I agree with taking a chance on a second-tier type rookie like Pike. Bad move to just throw a rookie into the fire though.

5. I agree TE and Fitz are done starting in Buffalo. I could see Fitz being a backup but TE is gone.

6. With all of this being said, you had no better idea than anyone else. The bottom line is, the Bills aren't going to find a surefire starting QB this offseason. The best plan would be to bring in a couple of cheap FAs with possible upside, a rookie or two, and Fitz. Fixing the lines and LBs should recieve the majority of the team's effort and resources.

Troy is not a starter in this league

Losman is only under contract this season and IS a free agent this year...but still NO

Alex Smith is not in any way available

Pennington would get killed here

Croyle is not any good

Delhomme is done

Todd Collins...uh no

Seriously, why would we bring one of these bumbs in next year instead of giving Brohm a shot? BB has loads of potential, so why not let him try and develop next year over these bumbs? No one on this list could lead this team to the playoffs, not one, next year. Pennington was a good QB, but with his latest injury and the state of our O Line and his soft arm, he couldnt succeed here next year.

I think that McNabb should be an option right beside Kolb. Kolb played great this past year in the few games that he played, and if McNabb disappoints in the playoffs, they might be looking to move on and hand the keys over to Kolb. I'd love to have McNabb as our quarterback in Buffalo.