QBs to trade for

rpcolosi

This is the best compilation I could come up with:

Young guys we should trade for and develop (not named Brohm) - Curtis Painter or Drew Willy (both colts)

Someone we could trade for and start next year -

1.) Troy Smith (he's VY but a better passer and a little slower)

2.) Delhomme (he might just need a change of scenery, worth a shot if cut)

3.) Brodie Croyle (has shown flashes the past 2 years, never got a chance cause he was thrown into the fire immediately)

4.) Pennington (we'd be a missed tackle away from Fitzpatrick again, and Lee would never see a deep ball)

5.) Losman (yes i still think he's got something)

6.) Todd Collins (still has a rocket, not many miles on him, and has shown that he has grown since he was last a Bill)

7.) Alex Smith (I doubt that San Fran wants to dump him now, but if they go back to Shaun Hill I'd like him)

---side note - he is the reason I don't think we should give up on Trent yet Or should've given up on Losman.

and the one guy I'd LOVE to get if we could pry him from the Eagles is

8.)Kevin Kolb... guy looks like Aaron Rodgers just biding his time behind an HOFer and we know McNabb isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Our best bet is clearly the trade route for one of these guys. probably the most upside is Kolb with Delhomme being the best bet of the veterans.

So there you have it. Thats my research from top to bottom of every roster in this league. Brandon, if you are listening, start dangling a 3rd rounder for some of these guys...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

pennington is a fa

and losman cant read defenses.

bring in pennington michael vick, i want vick

and draft a qb in rd 3 to groom.

pennington is the worst of those options since he is extremely injury prone and can't throw an out pattern to save his life anymore. he has zero zip on his passes but is an excellent decision maker. He's kind of like a Jamie Moyer - gets by with nothing... Vick isn't exactly someone I want on this team unless he comes attached with Dungy. Just not sure he is the leader or face of this franchise we need going forward...

Losman showed a lot more after working under fassell. He's still young and an intriguing choice if he ever learns to be a better decision maker. he'll never read a defense as good as kelly or peyton, you are correct, but played well this past year. would really like to see Oakland play him these next two games and see what he's got.

draft ryan mallett then

the team is in no spot to give any picks up

draft ryan mallett or sam bradford, whoever is there and then build around the qb

actually this team should trade a draft pick or two considering our last 10 years of drafting has been horrible. George Allen helped build the 'skins by trading away every draft pick for proven commodities. While this is a stupid thing to do now a days, it is a very good method of getting good, readily available NFL talent for a team that is NOT a desired destination amongst FAs. That is Buffalo. Its not a wonder our best personnel move of the past 5 years has come via trade - the Stroud deal.

We can NOT attract FAs nor are we in a position to start throwing money at people (ie Kawika) to get them here. We are better off trading for commodities at this point and drafting smartly.

id rather build through the draft man, i mean i dont even want to give up a 6 or 7

once we get a new gm i want him to build through the draft

i want one of those top 3 qbs to build around, we havent had a franchise qb since kelly...........

lol what happened to Mike Vick..you want Vick and one of the top 3 QB's?

lol what happened to Mike Vick..you want Vick and one of the top 3 QB's?

why would you want to draft something that is no guarantee of working (see losman and all our other wasted 1st rounders) when you know you can get someone with some upside? the last time we tried it was a disaster I agree (rob johnson) - but I'm pretty sure Kolb and Croyle have as much or more upside then Clausen or Bradford, especially after his injury. I'm just saying - both those guys might cost a 1st rounder to get - we could get Kolb or Croyle for a 2nd, and it's a safe bet they are better than ANY qb we'd get in the 2nd round. Not to mention cost effectiveness - the money we'd save on a 4yr contract for say Croyle vs 1st round money to Bradford is night and day...

when looking at it form that perspective, its far better then drafting a question mark in round 2 or 3 and it allows you to use your 1st on what your team really needs - an OL. I'm just saying... If either of them is available for a 2,3 or 4th their value is FAR greater then what you'd get at that position draft wise. A 2nd rounder like Jarius Byrd is rare. A 2nd rounder like Hardy or 3rd rounder like Yobuty and Ellis is far more likely for any team, not just a team run by Modrak/Guy/Jauron.

I am sure I will get roasted for this one, but I really like Kevin Kolb as well.....if it costs a 1 and 4, I would pull the trigger......UNLESS....the Bills have a shot at a top flight college qb this year.....I also like Todd Collins (only if the OL is taken care of as he has zero mobility)....lastly, I like Vick

Kolb, my first pick, will only be effective if the OL is taken care of.

One thing ppl are forgetting is this:

Our OL isn't as bad as you think.....they are just beaten up with injuries more than anything

Next year, you start an OL with

LT Bell

LG Levitre

C Wood

RG Incognito

RT Butler

or you put Hangartner in and take out Incognito...this would be a solid, young OL.......If they can get a top flight LT (via draft or fa) then you are cooking

So imagine that OL and Kolb throwing behind it....and I like our chances

I am sure I will get roasted for this one, but I really like Kevin Kolb as well.....if it costs a 1 and 4, I would pull the trigger......UNLESS....the Bills have a shot at a top flight college qb this year.....I also like Todd Collins (only if the OL is taken care of as he has zero mobility)....lastly, I like Vick

Kolb, my first pick, will only be effective if the OL is taken care of.

One thing ppl are forgetting is this:

Our OL isn't as bad as you think.....they are just beaten up with injuries more than anything

LT Bell

LG Levitre

C Wood

RG Incognito

RT Butler

or you put Hangartner in and take out Incognito...this would be a solid, young OL.......If they can get a top flight LT (via draft or fa) then you are cooking

I'm intrigued by Kolb also, but not at the cost of a #1 pick. Kolb is signed until the 2010 season so this is his last year under contract. If McNabb signs an extension then the Eagles have little leverage regarding the trade value of Kolb.

The Bills should use the Matt Hasselback Green Bay to Seattle trade model. Offer to switch #1 picks with Philly (throw in a mid round pick if needed to close the deal). Other that the Bills should just tell them that this is their final offer and they would go in another direction if they weren't willing to accept the offer. I see no other team that would have a better deal than this for the Eagles' Kolb. They would almost have to pull the trigger given that they would get nothing in return for Kolb next year since he's a free agent in 2011.

LT Bell

LG Levitre

C Wood

RG Incognito

RT Butler

That OL would suck. Butler is a modern day Jennings. Talented, versatile, ALWAYS injured. Ingognito has a weird, bad history and was cut by a team that totally sucks. Wood is half dead, and Bell is just completely, utterly awful. He is weak, small and stupid. A GM with a brain would watch tape of Bell and want to cry. Other than that, he looks pretty good.

Please.....I mean no offense, but the above reads like a drug induced post. Sorry, but I don't have any clue how a sane person could arrive at the conclusion, let alone the premise that the pile of crap you listed would be a good offensive line.

Once again, I am really sorry if I sound offensive.

This is the best compilation I could come up with:

Young guys we should trade for and develop (not named Brohm) - Curtis Painter or Drew Willy (both colts)

Someone we could trade for and start next year -

1.) Troy Smith (he's VY but a better passer and a little slower)

2.) Delhomme (he might just need a change of scenery, worth a shot if cut)

3.) Brodie Croyle (has shown flashes the past 2 years, never got a chance cause he was thrown into the fire immediately)

4.) Pennington (we'd be a missed tackle away from Fitzpatrick again, and Lee would never see a deep ball)

5.) Losman (yes i still think he's got something)

6.) Todd Collins (still has a rocket, not many miles on him, and has shown that he has grown since he was last a Bill)

7.) Alex Smith (I doubt that San Fran wants to dump him now, but if they go back to Shaun Hill I'd like him)

---side note - he is the reason I don't think we should give up on Trent yet Or should've given up on Losman.

and the one guy I'd LOVE to get if we could pry him from the Eagles is

8.)Kevin Kolb... guy looks like Aaron Rodgers just biding his time behind an HOFer and we know McNabb isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Our best bet is clearly the trade route for one of these guys. probably the most upside is Kolb with Delhomme being the best bet of the veterans.

So there you have it. Thats my research from top to bottom of every roster in this league. Brandon, if you are listening, start dangling a 3rd rounder for some of these guys...

I am sure we will be able to draft a good QB where we are in the draft. Look at the Ravens drafting Flacco towards the late middle first round...might not be the guy everyone talks about...requires scouts that actually know what they are doing

What about Sage Rosenfels? He got a raw deal in Minn. He won't cost as much as Kolb and I think he can be a good starter for 2 - 3 yrs, til our oline is rebuilt and the franchise qb drafted in '10 or '11 matures. I'm not saying he is the answer but an option to cosider for sure.