All I Got For Christmas Was

Chef Jim

Wow! Les Claypool is fantastic. As is that Buckethead guy. Thanks for posting :wacko:

Les is playing the Fillmore New Years Eve. I was thinking of getting tickets but not sure if my wife would be interested. When I asked if she's want to go she said "sure." So now I have to decide between Les or Further with Bob Weir and Phil Lesh at the Bill Graham Civic. Any opinions of which one?

I'd go Furthur, Les is great but he could be a bit 'out there' for the casual listener...with furthur, you know what you are getting.....

Les is playing the Fillmore New Years Eve. I was thinking of getting tickets but not sure if my wife would be interested. When I asked if she's want to go she said "sure." So now I have to decide between Les or Further with Bob Weir and Phil Lesh at the Bill Graham Civic. Any opinions of which one?

What a different show that would be. I don't know who the other two guys are but Les at the Filmore would be cool. Any band that came up with the South Park theme song has to be odd and fun. On a side note my wife got me three Filmore concert posters for xmas. Cure, Foo Fighters and Tragically Hip. Ive only been there once but we got there pretty early and had a chance to look at all the posters. A real who's who of music on the walls. Great place

you are killing me dante....phil lesh and bob weir are members of the grateful dead, bob weir being the co-lead singer with Jerry and Phil Lesh being the bass player and one of the founders of the band(along with weir). Furthur is a group of ex-Dead members keeping the band together in one form or another. the lead singer of Dark Star Orchestra is leaving the band after their new years gigs to go full time with Furthur....last year warren haynes toured with them as lesh and weir did their own tours(Ratdog and Phil Lesh and freinds)

What a different show that would be. I don't know who the other two guys are but Les at the Filmore would be cool. Any band that came up with the South Park theme song has to be odd and fun. On a side note my wife got me three Filmore concert posters for xmas. Cure, Foo Fighters and Tragically Hip. Ive only been there once but we got there pretty early and had a chance to look at all the posters. A real who's who of music on the walls. Great place

you are killing me dante....phil lesh and bob weir are members of the grateful dead, bob weir being the co-lead singer with Jerry and Phil Lesh being the bass player and one of the founders of the band(along with weir). Furthur is a group of ex-Dead members keeping the band together in one form or another. the lead singer of Dark Star Orchestra is leaving the band after their new years gigs to go full time with Furthur....last year warren haynes toured with them as lesh and weir did their own tours(Ratdog and Phil Lesh and freinds)

I never listened to the Grateful Dead Poojer. heh

I'd go Furthur, Les is great but he could be a bit 'out there' for the casual listener...with furthur, you know what you are getting.....

I kind of like the "out there" of Les and I've been a fan of his for years. But I've always dreamed of a Dead New Years Eve show in SF with Bill Graham introducing them. So Bob and Phil at the Bill Graham Civic will just have to do so the tickets have been purchased. :lol:

i think that is a wise decision....i am trying to score tix to see DSO on tuesday nite....they are such a great tribute band and its too bad, for DSO, that John Kadlecik is leaving them, but it is great for Furthur as he does Jerry's part almost flawlessly

I kind of like the "out there" of Les and I've been a fan of his for years. But I've always dreamed of a Dead New Years Eve show in SF with Bill Graham introducing them. So Bob and Phil at the Bill Graham Civic will just have to do so the tickets have been purchased. :lol:

I kind of like the "out there" of Les and I've been a fan of his for years. But I've always dreamed of a Dead New Years Eve show in SF with Bill Graham introducing them. So Bob and Phil at the Bill Graham Civic will just have to do so the tickets have been purchased. :censored:

:thumbsup::lol::lol::lol::beer::o:wallbash:B-):lol:

I guess that covers the gamut of emotions from last night. Three set five and a half hour monster. Seeing the "Dead" in San Francisco on New Years eve can be now crossed off my Bucket List. Didn't even know it was on my list but watching that show made me realize that it was something that just had to be on the list. A show I will never, ever forget. The set list. Oh BTW when they played Pink Floyd's Time in set two blew my !@#$ing mind.

Furthur

Thursday, Dec. 31, 2009

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium

San Francisco, CA

Set 1 (8:15pm - 9:30pm)

Shakedown Street

Jack Straw

Mama Tried

Candyman

Loose Lucy

Viola Lee Blues

Truckin'

Set 2 (10:10pm - 11:35pm)

Help On The Way >

Slipknot! >

Franklin's Tower

Cassidy

The Wheel >

Jam >

Dark Star >

Time > * (First time played, Pink Floyd song)

Uncle John's Band

After Midnight

Set 3 (11:59pm - 1:40am)

Baby New Year flies in on a Skull from the back of the auditorium to the stage to the Beatles All We Need Is Love > Countdown > Happy New Year > Baloon Drop.

Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion >

Let It Grow >

Cryptical Envelopment >

Born Cross Eyed >

The Other One >

Cryptical Envelopment >

So Many Roads

St. Stephen >

The Eleven >

Not Fade Away

Donor Rap

Enc: Sugar Magnolia

:devil::thumbdown::thumbdown::w00t::beer::o:thumbdown:B-):thumbdown:

I guess that covers the gamut of emotions from last night. Three set five and a half hour monster. Seeing the "Dead" in San Francisco on New Years eve can be now crossed off my Bucket List. Didn't even know it was on my list but watching that show made me realize that it was something that just had to be on the list. A show I will never, ever forget. The set list. Oh BTW when they played Pink Floyd's Time in set two blew my !@#$ing mind.

Furthur

Thursday, Dec. 31, 2009

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium

San Francisco, CA

Set 1 (8:15pm - 9:30pm)

Shakedown Street

Jack Straw

Mama Tried

Candyman

Loose Lucy

Viola Lee Blues

Truckin'

Set 2 (10:10pm - 11:35pm)

Help On The Way >

Slipknot! >

Franklin's Tower

Cassidy

The Wheel >

Jam >

Dark Star >

Time > * (First time played, Pink Floyd song)

Uncle John's Band

After Midnight

Set 3 (11:59pm - 1:40am)

Baby New Year flies in on a Skull from the back of the auditorium to the stage to the Beatles All We Need Is Love > Countdown > Happy New Year > Baloon Drop.

Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion >

Let It Grow >

Cryptical Envelopment >

Born Cross Eyed >

The Other One >

Cryptical Envelopment >

So Many Roads

St. Stephen >

The Eleven >

Not Fade Away

Donor Rap

Enc: Sugar Magnolia

Sounds like a great way to ring in the New Year. Not sure if I'm more jealous of you or GoBillsInDallas.