new gm

I worry about any GM who is not working in football now. Donahoe was working for ESPN when we hired him. If guys like Reese and Casserly are so great why haven't they been hired already? It's not like other teams didn't need GMs before us. You have to ask why do other NFL teams hire unknowns when "proven" GMs are available?

PTR

yeah - sort of like that Rick (Randy) Mueller combo you have been pushing

head of the UFL is not exactly an NFL front office

but that's what being hypocritical is all about!!

yeah - sort of like that Rick (Randy) Mueller combo you have been pushing

head of the UFL is not exactly an NFL front office

but that's what being hypocritical is all about!!

The man is working, one year removed from the NFL. Reese at least consults the Pats*. Casserly has been on the beach too long. Head of the UFL beats being head of the unemployment line.

PTR

I really think the best GM/Coach combo would be the following;

David Gettleman/Jim Fassell

*if*

We don't get Cowher or the so called "big names" I like Grimm. But I think Fassell would be a better fit. He's been out of the NFL - but I think he's hungry enough to want to get this right. Plus I think Gettleman with his years in Buffalo would work well with JF and know how to build a "Buffalo style" hard nosed team.

I'm also not opposed to Gettleman and Grimm coming in together.

C

GM Gettleman and Billick...

GM Gettleman and Billick...

Billick is on record as wondering why anyone would want the Bills job. It's a massive rebuilding project and no name coach wants to begin like that.

Gettleman is being pushed, but he's in his late 50s and hasn't had a GM job yet. He may be adept at pro personnel, but there's probably a reason he hasn't been hired as a GM elsewhere.

jimmy johnson would be my gm/draft guy.

i would hire brian billick as the head coach.

Two critical things here: Johnson, no matter the role, isn't returning to the NFL. It's not going to happen.

Second, Billick is on record as wondering why anyone would go to work for the Bills.

What's next, someone wondering if Chuck Noll will come out of retirement?

its just speculation dude, relax. didnt know billick said that.

i think for the right price jimmy johnson would want come back as an executive draft guy.... he loves the draft.

A lot of people love the draft, but unless you're Matt Millen, there's actual work that needs to be done. Things like scouting, building a draft board, et al. That and having to hire a GM, along with a pro personnel and amateur scouting director. Then, supervising them to ensure their vision mirrors yours.

It's not like a guy can show up a week before the draft because he had success 15 years ago and draft well.

Not really knowing any of the candidates' availability, I'd go with an existing GM/FO guy of a successful NFL team whose contract is up after this season. First team I'd think of would be the Patriots*, so that Reese fella some of you are talking about sounds like a great choice to me.