Hamdan payment question

zazie

Since Hamdan was on our roster opening day and on the roster for at least 2 weeks, his pay for the year was gauranteed per the CBA.

Now they cut him... and re-signed him. Does he get a NEW contract with extra money? Or does he just get to re-earn money he already has in the bank?

What, are you his ex-wife making sure you get your share of child support? :wallbash:

jk.

Seriously, IDK. One would logically think, that since we would be the ones that were obligated to pay it b4, we wouldn't be responsible for double payment. Likewise, if someone was cut & signed by another team, we would no longer be responsible for payment, sorta like coaches contracts, except they renegotiate terms. Again, the above is only my opinion on what I think would be fair.

What, are you his ex-wife making sure you get your share of child support? :wallbash:

jk.

Seriously, IDK. One would logically think, that since we would be the ones that were obligated to pay it b4, we wouldn't be responsible for double payment. Likewise, if someone was cut & signed by another team, we would no longer be responsible for payment, sorta like coaches contracts, except they renegotiate terms. Again, the above is only my opinion on what I think would be fair.

I'm just interested in the mechanics of sports contracts and I wondered about that before when I heard of the full pay for being on the roster openning day rule.

Xavier Oman must be loving that rule!

I'm just interested in the mechanics of sports contracts and I wondered about that before when I heard of the full pay for being on the roster openning day rule.

Xavier Oman must be loving that rule!

I think that only vets with at least 4 years experience are guaranteed thier contracts if they are on the opening day roster. Otherwise, players get 17 weekly checks, and if you get cut in week 7, wwell then you only got 7 checks, and the team is under no further obligation. So, I am not sure how you determine a 4 year vested vet, especially with a guy like Hamden who has been on a few teams.

But, if he was not a vested vet, he stopped getting paid the week he was cut, and he will now be in line for two weeks of checks.

I thought veterancy was determined by the number of years someone appeared on an active roster (not PS, not inactive), with the rookie year not counting towards the total.

hamdan must be close by that count.

Xavier is screwed though!

hamdan must be close by that count.

Xavier is screwed though!

Hamdan has 3 years (his rookie year where he was 2nd qb with the Skins at some point doesnt count, and the Seahawks kept him inactive when they signed him as insurance when Hasselbeck was out).

Hamdan has 3 years (his rookie year where he was 2nd qb with the Skins at some point doesnt count, and the Seahawks kept him inactive when they signed him as insurance when Hasselbeck was out).

And the seahawks signed Xavier Omon I did not realize that. Good for him.

Next year's 1000 yard rushing Bills cast-off.

I dont know, but he'll be active and that will most likely give him extra $$$ if he didnt get a new deal.

I heard Hamdan was at the local club scene the other day running up on every girl he could find and telling them

"I got money in the bank...shorty what u drank?"

Since Hamdan was on our roster opening day and on the roster for at least 2 weeks, his pay for the year was gauranteed per the CBA.

Now they cut him... and re-signed him. Does he get a NEW contract with extra money? Or does he just get to re-earn money he already has in the bank?

why do people care about this stuff