I wonder what Russ Brandon is doing in the

takmwhitey

Guest dog14787
Fuhrer bunker-one bills drive-to save our nation-Bills nation-from total destruction.Any ideas?Whats in your wallet Russ?merry christmas bill fans.

Brandon's resigning T.O. to a 30 mill, 3 year deal and part ownership since no highly qualified HC would bite.

Merry Christmas, whats in your wallet Ralph :rolleyes:

He's moving his boxes from the GM's office back down to the Sales Office where they belong. Make Believe time is over.

Actually, he never moved out of the sales office. There has been a mannequin in the GMs office ever since Ralph made the decision to go without one. Correction: he made the decision to go without one when he asked Levy to sit in that office for two years to calm the fans down. He just figured out a way to make the bottom line even healthier in 2009, by using the mannequin. I'll bet he didn't pay Brandon any more money this year.

Russ has already started the marketing campaign for 2010. It'll feature the IR report, how bad DJ really was, and reveal that 7-9 isn't good enough. Question is, when TO leaves, will they be able to show the 98 yard TD pass which fits the requirement for showing their one big play of the year?

The funny thing is, if Brandon would do the right thing and bring in a Football guy to Run the Football side of the business and let him do it his way hiring a competent HC (ie Grimm) his job of marketing would be easy. If people see real credible changes they would renew their season tickets......

I think there's a lot of season ticket holders who had had enough and will not fall for a TO signing or sexy draft pick. I think this time he's going to really have to do something, smoke and mirrors may still work with some fans but not nearly as many as it has in the past.....

I think there's a lot of season ticket holders who had had enough and will not fall for a TO signing or sexy draft pick. I think this time he's going to really have to do something, smoke and mirrors may still work with some fans but not nearly as many as it has in the past.....

There'll always be the fans who go because it's a chance to party and watch NFL football. But I agree, there's growing animosity among STH's that won't be solved with acquiring a UFA or naming a former HC as the GM. Gimmicks just won't work anymore.

Yet here we are trusting Brandon to lead a search for a GM. It's as if they can't possibly allow anyone to see into their house, for fear someone would find it dirty. Well, it's falling down and everyone knows it and I'm not even sure anyone of a decent reputation will want to come in and clean it up.

The funny thing is, if Brandon would do the right thing and bring in a Football guy to Run the Football side of the business and let him do it his way hiring a competent HC (ie Grimm) his job of marketing would be easy. If people see real credible changes they would renew their season tickets......

It's not up to Brandon to hire a GM (unless the guy is just a figurehead), it's Wilson's. And Brandon certainly cannot give a new GM any power to do his job well. That, too, is Ralph's decision.

Good Draft? Sexy Draft pick?

We passed on Orakpo guys...

one pick a good draft does not make.....byrd, wood, and levitre make it a good draft so far,,,Orakpo would have made it GREAT, but it was a good draft

p.s. I would bet money Orakpo would not have 11 sacks playing on this team, maybe 3-4 and people would be saying he is a bust

I have not completely figured out the Brandon anger. He did not hire one person in the football dept. It looks like he inherited all of them. What is he supposed to do, turn the the promotion down when Wilson offers it to him? You have to give him credit for taking a season ticket base that was less than 30K to 55K without the team performing at all. Not too mention all the other things he has done to solidify the business side. I don't want him making the football decisions either, but he is one of the reasons the team has survived in Buffalo. Unfortunately he looks the most competent person we have to pick the next coach or GM.