The best part about the BB's loosing used to be

I've brought this up before and it seemed to be a mystery. What ever happened to Dave Staaba? Week- in, Week-out, he'd have something in the name of he Niagara Falls Reporter to say on TBD. Dave always new where to point the finger and where to try new wings. His verbage seethingly poignant and truthfully consolating- generally in defeat... and always straight-up and sobering in victory.

Someone made an attempt to take his place, but was most probably slaughtered by his own boring rhetoric.

If someone still has contact with Dave- urge his return. Things may just be getting interesting in WNY.

Sabes look pretty good.

Dave is an excellent writer and a great guy. His Dad passed away a few years ago and he quit the newspaper job in Niagara Falls to return home (I think Darien or Corfu or nearby that area) to care for family and help run the family business (farm equipment?).

He's a true family man and a much better writer than most people who write for high profile newspapers.

For about one year he wrote Bills reports for Buffalo Artvoice but I haven't seen him post a story/blog in about a year. I'll email him to see if his work is available anywhere.

Thanks for the update. I wonder if he would consider doing a column thing for TBD like Scott Pitoniak, just to keep the skills up in case he gets the itch to get back into the sportswriting biz. I enjoyed his style of writing.