So These 4 Players Are There When Bills Pick

BuffaloBaumer

Absolutely NO QBs in the first round. They will be on the bench with a concussion by week 6 and this board will be lit up slamming the team didn't select an OL or DL in the 1st. 1st round QBs are high risk, and this team can not afford high risk...

Absolutely agree - the Bills needs are LT, RT, DT, DE, OLB.

Now, if Sam Bradford should fall to the second round...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff. I'm going to have to look at that site more. Loadholt still grades out well in pass blocking. Here are some rankings breakdowns for you:

1st Round OTs: 14 (Oher), 33 (J Smith), 56 (Monroe)

2nd Round OTs: 4 (Vollmer), 49 (Britton), 55 (Loadhot)

Bills OTs: 41 (Chambers), 58 (Scott), 74 (Bell)

Ouch. But it's not surprising. We basically picked up Chambers and Scott as depth, and played Bell on a prayer. People on these boards were crazy about Bell before the season because he had a tackle body and because people had made a few good comments about him. Guess we know how that turned out. He was nowhere near ready and may never get there.

By the way, I don't know why they didn't put Andre Smith on that ranking. Not enough games played yet, maybe? Anyway, if you go here:

http://profootballfocus.com/by_player.php?...p;playerid=4929

you'll see that he has played the last four games at about an average level. Not bad for his first four games. His cumulative score was -0.3, almost exactly average. That would put him at #28/75, so the first round looks consistently better, with the major major exception of Vollmer, even when you take out Loadholt because he's not an LT.

I he's in Hawaii, he will be on vacation. The Pro Bowl is in Miami this year.

Although I have been frustrated by Maybin, I will wait another year. I don't agree with the idea of a team that had so many immediate needs to draft a project, but all's well that ends well....let's hope the Aaron Maybin project works out.

I am glad that we will see a little Brohm. It will be behind a JV line, but I want to see him throw... I want to see 4 Qtrs of trying to find receivers, I want to see some freaking hope!!

I am realistic that this is not the optimal audition for the lad, but I don't really give a s#$t. We need a QB, and we need one fast. I can appreciate the "If you build it, they will come" attitude about the OL, but as has been mentioned experience is a major if not the defining quality of good OLmen. So I would really like to see LT addressed through free agency. I think Incognito could work out, and Levitre is solid. I would like to see Wood come back and play C. that would leave us with the RT, which Butler looked very good at until week 2. If Butler stays on the field I take the mix of who we have with a FA LT.

McClain would be awesome, and I would love to not have to have a QB in that spot. Jason Campbell is different guy, same results, and FA class is thin to say the least. I wouldn't mind Vick, and I would consider Tavaris Jackson. I would really not gamble on an aging FA, that hasn't panned out...Bradford has the ability to be solid, and his injury doesn't concern me much, especially if given an Doc's okay.

It really depends on Brohm's quick audition here, which is sad behind this line, and the small sample size, but if he shows flashes of brilliance, I say we go DT, DE, or LB in rd 1.

I think that's a good solid way to go. I personally wouldn't pass by on a QB (if we believed in him) if Brohm only showed flashes. I would need him to look absolutely sensational for us to pass on a QB that we like. But I like your thinking.

I doubt Orakpo would have nearly as many sacks if he was playing DE instead of pass rushing OLB. Though he's still clearly way ahead of Maybin. No argument there.

Doesn't Loadholt play right tackle?

Ahhhhhh, you're right. Thanks, I missed that. And it's a major point, since it's exactly because some of these guys aren't thought of as athletic enough to be an LT that they fall to the second, or in Oher's case, the late middle of the first and are turned into RTs.

IMHO that's why we passed on Oher. He still hasn't proven himself at LT, though he has been sensational at RT and may someday be able to make the move over.

Absolutely NO QBs in the first round. They will be on the bench with a concussion by week 6 and this board will be lit up slamming the team didn't select an OL or DL in the 1st. 1st round QBs are high risk, and this team can not afford high risk...

Yeah, they're high risk, but not comparatively. Any QB, unless you happen into a Brees to New Orleans kind of situation (and even then he had an injury and wasn't a sure thing to recover with the same power in his arm), is high risk. And you absolutely need to get a good QB.

There is NO WAY to find a low-risk QB, so you get them in the way that provides the highest possible chance of getting a good one. And that is picking one in the first round. The chances suck, but they're even worse if you get him any other way.