With Washington and St. Louis in dire need of a QB

LABills08

I am just praying to god that Brohm shows something this weekend to give us hope.....because I do NOT want Edwards or Fitzpatrick behind center next year.......

I am torn on the first round pick.......I understand the need for a QB but this team has SO MANY needs.....it is small and weak in every position except secondary......

I at this point would not be opposed to trading down if we got the RIGHT deal.......like a starting player and a 1st round pick that could be used right away.......

I was high on Bell.......I am now concerned that he cannot stay healthy.

I am just praying to god that Brohm shows something this weekend to give us hope.....because I do NOT want Edwards or Fitzpatrick behind center next year.......

I am torn on the first round pick.......I understand the need for a QB but this team has SO MANY needs.....it is small and weak in every position except secondary......

I at this point would not be opposed to trading down if we got the RIGHT deal.......like a starting player and a 1st round pick that could be used right away.......

I was high on Bell.......I am now concerned that he cannot stay healthy.

IMO, you go best OT, DT, or LB on the board when you pick in the first. Then you hope for a guy like Pike in the 2nd.

The biggest way to screw your franchise is to go into the draft thinking you need to draft QB in the first no matter what.

Having Edwards and Fitzpatrick BOTH nursing ankle injuries might be the best thing that could happen - Perry Fool will now be FORCED (kicking and screaming all the way, to be sure) to take a look at and probably start Brian Brohm, who is likely the most talented QB on the Bills roster at the moment.

I hope that Brohm does play so that I stop hearing about how he will be the Bills next great QB. This guy couldn't even make the Packers roster as a backup QB and will be playing in a new system, with just a few weeks practice with the receivers and behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Something tells me it's not going to go well...

The fact is that there are very few QBs in the league who could look good behind this offensive line. I think that even excellent QBs that have limited mobility like Rivers or Brady would look mediocre and would likely be injured just like Edwards and Fitzpatrick.

I think that Fitzpatrick has actually done about as well as could be expected given the situation. He deserves a shot at the job behind a better line, IMO.

We have the worst run defense in the league. The offensive line has a lot of bodies right now but needs a few studs and a line coach and it will be just fine. Unless those are addressed a QB running for his life or standing on the sidelines while the other team runs it down our throats is not going to be that important.

Who is the next great QB? We all have opinions. I ,myself would much rather have Ryan Mallett than a Clausen or a McCoy assuming he would be there in Round 2 (Don't know where he is rated). Bottom line it would be refreshing for the Bills to take the best player for their needs at the time they pick. A hit or miss QB could make us the Lions for a lot of years.

Therefore, the best FOOTBALL PLAYERS; guys I would love to see in a Bills uniform BECAUSE they are great football players are: DL Suh(Nebraska), DL McCoy (Oklahoma, LB McClain (Alabama) OL Davis (Rutgers), OL Okung (Oklahoma St.) DT Cody (Alabma).

Not saying they are the best rated players, but if, for instance, the Commish came up to the podium and announced the Bills have selected Rolando McClain LB from Alabama..; before you throw somethng at the TV for not taking a QB, realize he is a more complete LB than Cornelius Bennett who had an awesome career, as you old-timers like me remember.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, YOU MAY HAVE FIVE OR SIX DIFFERENT GUYS THAT YOU WANT TO SEE IN UNIFORM, just my opinion. But FORCING a QB could be a fatal error........ unless he is, in fact, the top player Available. Thanks for your time.,Randy

We should NOT draft a qb with the first pick. First, there isn't a franchise qb in the mix this year. Second we have NO offensive line to protect a qb. Third There will be a first rate tackle prospect or a dominant Defensive Tackle available to us. We need one or the other a lot more than we need a qb. The mantra should be to fix this team from the line of scrimmage back. Fitz is okay for next year, unless Bohm earns the spot. The free agency money should go to a great tight end (there are a few available) and an outside linebacker (assuming ...not too much of an assumption...that Maybin isa bust as an OLB.) The draft is for poundage on the O and D line.

I hate that statement, how do you no, where is the proof??? stats anythign to help?? Anyone???

If thats true we need Quinn. I dont like Notre Dame and am not some homer. I have watched Quinn in the pros and he has it. If he were on a good team he would be dominant. Quinn ends the search at QB and if we can draft 4-5 OL and have a somewhat competent team next season.

After that I think we have to wait till next draft for a QB. Mallet and Locker may be there and they could be better prospects by that time. Hopefully Andrew Luck declares as well - which would be perfect if my Xmas wish of Jim Harbaugh were to be granted.

Hmmm. Which games of Quinn's in the NFL showed that he has "it" ? I've watched a few Browns games including the one where Quinn played here in Buffalo and if anything , they showed that he is probably not going to be in high demand anywhere.