Did John Fox save his job tonight?

Tortured Soul

I don't know what the speculation was in Carolina, but that was a pretty impressive performance. Do they need one more win (remaining games against the Giants and Saints)? And where does that leave Cowher?

How many openings will there be around the league? Cable has the Raiders playing well. Wade's fate will come down to whether he can win a playoff game. Even Mangini picked up a second-straight win. Speculation out of Chicago is Lovie is safe, despite the team's statement today. So other than Zorn, are there any other bet-the-farm firings?

I'm afraid that the top brass in Carolina have realized that Delhomme is the reason why they lost, and not Fox. Let's hope they are stupid and can Fox :wallbash:

Can't disagree with this, but there were some questionable decisions by Fox last night...skipping the 52-yd FG to go for it on 4th down at the end of the half? I realize Kasay isn't getting any younger, but attempting the FG gives you a better chance at points. There was something else that was head-scratching, but it slipped my mind. :doh:

I just wonder if Fox has worn out his welcome. This is his 9th season in Carolina and the team has been very inconsistent from year to year. Sure, I'd take an 11-5 or 12-4 season with a trip to the conf championship game once every 3 years right now, but his teams always seem to have had good talent....yet couldn't quite put it together consistently.

If I was putting any money on it, I'd say he's staying. Took him a while to bench Delhomme, though.

Cowher is champing at the bit to get back into coaching and lives in Carolina. I can't see the Panthers, who won't make the playoffs and thus have an excuse for canning Fox, letting that opportunity pass them by.

I don't know what the speculation was in Carolina, but that was a pretty impressive performance. Do they need one more win (remaining games against the Giants and Saints)? And where does that leave Cowher?

How many openings will there be around the league? Cable has the Raiders playing well. Wade's fate will come down to whether he can win a playoff game. Even Mangini picked up a second-straight win. Speculation out of Chicago is Lovie is safe, despite the team's statement today. So other than Zorn, are there any other bet-the-farm firings?

Cowher will coach that team this next year. The fans are done with Fox, Hurney and the whole damn crew. One win wont' make any difference