Cerrato Gone

plenzmd1

I have been a TBD member for over a decade and it is getting very hard to read all the negative rantings, mostly from noobs with a few hundred posts under their belts. We get it. The Bills suck. Ralph is cheap. So why are you all still here? Get the f--- out if this team is so hard to take. Even when the Bills say they willspend whatever it takes, I have read rants about it's all a big plot to trick fans. There plenty of room on other NFL boards. Find a team worthy of your fandom and beat it already. You are boring

PTR

:unsure:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you suggesting that only a guy who's won the Super Bowl CAN win the Super Bowl?

Are you suggesting a guy who's won the Super Bowl is more likely to win one?

Are you suggesting that winning the Super Bowl is the only prerequisite for turning a team around?

Do some research, bub. These are the opposite of true.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WTF

Where are you getting these..... "suggestions?" they aren't from me. Not in the least. Superbowl? We are talking about winning a superbowl? That seems a bit of a ways off, don't you think? I mean, seriously. I thought we were talking about "righting the team." To me that means a winning season their first year year, maybe get us to the playoffs, and if we are some lucky sons of a bitches, maybe we can WIN a playoff game! Maybe beat the pats*!

So no, I am NOT suggesting that only a guy who's won the Super Bowl CAN win the Super Bowl. I am not suggesting a guy who's won the Super Bowl is more likely to win one. I am not suggesting that winning the Super Bowl is the only prerequisite for turning a team around.

What I AM suggesting is that it is stupid that you claim that a proven head coach with a winning record cannot make this team into a real winner. I mean, do you really think that Shanihan can't make these guys winners? You saying he can't is a terrible, terrible statement.

So, before you tell me to go do some research, maybe you should FIRST not jump to conclusions. hahahaha. making up things that I was "suggesting." Way to put words in peoples' mouths to prove your stupid point. Which is "shannihan can't give the bills a winning season" basically.

I have been a TBD member for over a decade and it is getting very hard to read all the negative rantings, mostly from noobs with a few hundred posts under their belts. We get it. The Bills suck. Ralph is cheap. So why are you all still here? Get the f--- out if this team is so hard to take. Even when the Bills say they willspend whatever it takes, I have read rants about it's all a big plot to trick fans. There plenty of room on other NFL boards. Find a team worthy of your fandom and beat it already. You are boring

PTR[/quote

No. what's boring is the 2001-2009 bills. conflict is rarely boring. And for 10 years you've been satisfied with the teams direction? Maybe noobs are needed to bring an honest, unbiased perspective. Newer is often better...like a new owner and gm and coach and marquee players and.....I'll believe it when I see it...I guess you've been blissfully buying this bull for at least 10 years apparently without complaint. Who then is the fool? BTW, do you feel the bills don't suck and ralph is not cheap? Lots of fans accept these truisms and remain fans because of a sliver of hope that they or someone may effect some eventual change. Maybe foolish, maybe desperate but no less worthy of a lifetime fan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WTF

Where are you getting these..... "suggestions?" they aren't from me. Not in the least. Superbowl? We are talking about winning a superbowl? That seems a bit of a ways off, don't you think? I mean, seriously. I thought we were talking about "righting the team." To me that means a winning season their first year year, maybe get us to the playoffs, and if we are some lucky sons of a bitches, maybe we can WIN a playoff game! Maybe beat the pats*!

So no, I am NOT suggesting that only a guy who's won the Super Bowl CAN win the Super Bowl. I am not suggesting a guy who's won the Super Bowl is more likely to win one. I am not suggesting that winning the Super Bowl is the only prerequisite for turning a team around.

What I AM suggesting is that it is stupid that you claim that a proven head coach with a winning record cannot make this team into a real winner. I mean, do you really think that Shanihan can't make these guys winners? You saying he can't is a terrible, terrible statement.

So, before you tell me to go do some research, maybe you should FIRST not jump to conclusions. hahahaha. making up things that I was "suggesting." Way to put words in peoples' mouths to prove your stupid point. Which is "shannihan can't give the bills a winning season" basically.

The goal is...what, then?

No. what's boring is the 2001-2009 bills. conflict is rarely boring. And for 10 years you've been satisfied with the teams direction? Maybe noobs are needed to bring an honest, unbiased perspective. Newer is often better...like a new owner and gm and coach and marquee players and.....I'll believe it when I see it...I guess you've been blissfully buying this bull for at least 10 years apparently without complaint. Who then is the fool? BTW, do you feel the bills don't suck and ralph is not cheap? Lots of fans accept these truisms and remain fans because of a sliver of hope that they or someone may effect some eventual change. Maybe foolish, maybe desperate but no less worthy of a lifetime fan.

Let us know as soon as you noobs post one.

PTR

The goal is...what, then?

To have some respect? be competive? be a winning team? give the fans a reason to cheer? Sure, the ultimate goal is to win a superbowl. But there are realistic goals and not so realistic goals. You don't turn down a good coach just because you "think" he won't win a superbowl. I mean, how do you tell if a coach can win a superbowl or not? In my eyes, you can't tell. Especially when there is a good chance of hiring a coach with no HC experience (in which case, he could be either really bad from really good). So, you look for the best coach possible (winning record). The worst thing about shanihan is his personel decisions, which the team that signs him may get stuck with. But as a coach, this guy is solid.

But there is no way to tell if a coach can win or not win a superbowl. Most coaches do not. A very select few do. You don't turn down a head coach with a proven record. For all we know none of the coaches available could bring the bills to the superbowl. But passing on a GOOD coach just because "naw, he can't take us all the way" is insane. We are probably going to hire some Assistant who is going to end up sucking, and we can wish we had shanihan to at least give us a decent season. And who knows? shannihan might be able to get the bills to the super bowl. Just because your little stat that super bowl coaches don't win super bowls on multiple teams bothers you, stats and records are being broken in EVERY game. Having one little stat be the barrier is a terrible thing to bother you that much. Shanihan could give us the best season we have had since we lost to the titans in the playoffs! and you want to steer clear because of ONE stat? I mean, come on.

And hiring a good coach is one thing. What we really need is a solid GM/personell guy, and most people would agree. If we take a good coach like shanny, and grab some amazing personell guy, we will be golden. Heck, a good personel guy would make a mediocre coach into a great coach!

So stop with the absolutes where shanihan is a bust for buffalo before he or anyone else gets here. Pray that buffalo hires a good coach instead of hoping they steer clear of good ones.