Byrd leads NFL

coldstorage5

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like his game but he should get a -1 for his complete idiocy on the last play. It was 10X stupider than Nate Clements mental mistake vs Jimmy Smith, yet I haven't heard one person take him or Wilson to task for it.

John Madden was right, winning is a great deodorant!-)

Didn't somebody get beat on the deep ball twice .... if not for Cassel's overthrows this would have accounted for 2 scores? I was already into my second six so this may have been an illusion.

It was Terrence McGee before he shook of the rust.

If Whitner gets 6 picks this weekend he will surpass Byrd for career interceptions. Not bad.

I kid though, it's more likely he'll get three and pass George Wilson.

Aaron Maybin has a greater chance of getting 2 sacks next week to tie George Wilson's season total.

Come on murra! We all knew that he was a project. This means zero accountability for three years minimum. George Wilson was an undrafted WR who was NFL ready at safety.

NFL ready? He came out of college 5 years ago. :wallbash:

But don't let me interfere with your agenda.......

His numbers are more impressive in light of his limited playing time early on and, more astonishingly, he's getting them while playing on the worst RUN defense in the league.

Where are all those that decried the draft pick when we took him? I remember a TON of whining on this board at the time.

GO BILLS!!!

I was one of the whiners. I like to think that I'm a big enough man to admit when I was dead wrong, as was the case here.

I like his game but he should get a -1 for his complete idiocy on the last play. It was 10X stupider than Nate Clements mental mistake vs Jimmy Smith, yet I haven't heard one person take him or Wilson to task for it.

You will have to explain this. I remember him and Wilson pulling in a int. on the Hail Mary. I thought he was pretty smart to let Wilson pull it in even though he could have had it and padded his stats. I also give him credit with being right there for another int.

You will have to explain this. I remember him and Wilson pulling in a int. on the Hail Mary. I thought he was pretty smart to let Wilson pull it in even though he could have had it and padded his stats. I also give him credit with being right there for another int.

I probably wouldn't give him too much credit for being there since that's probably not far from where he was standing when the play started. And in the immortal words of Tom Jackson, "KNOCK IT DOWN!".

At least we got Byrd, leads league

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_...09/seasontype/2

Its nice when a top picks helps us, and developes into a top player,.... likein the late 80's, early 90's

almost all his INTs have been tipped by someone else.. just fell in his hands... more like team interceptions. he looks like a very good player otherwise though.. not pro bowl type but very good at this stage.. I hope he does not make the pro bowl, that will just guarantee he is leaving the team as soon as his contract is up...

“I had it in my hands and I was going to throw it (down),” said Byrd. “We were on the ground and I didn’t know who was down there so I was trying to get the ball and he said, ‘It’s me, it’s me.’ And so I let him have it.”

Bills Page

So it's not like he was trying to pad his stats, he was just happy to pad George's!

INT's sometimes can really be a fluke stat, there is an above average chance that Byrdman will never record as many picks in a single season as he has this year, having said that.. (Curb your enthusiasm reference) he has been a great draft pick so far and appears to be someone we can pencil in for years to come.

he will follow Clements, Winfield, Greer, leaving in free agency as soon as his rookie contract is up... sucks to be a bills fan.