Hey Senator...Did you see Peters tonight?

That despite Peters. He missed how many games already? $11M for a guy who doesn't feel like playing half the time? No thank you. Besides you don't reward any player who quits on his teammates. I don't care if he can walk to Cleveland on Lake Erie.

PTR

Hey, I lived in Cleveland for a few years. It ain't all that hard to walk on Lake Erie for a quarter of the year.

You know, we should just call a "trade-back" on him.

Seriously, what is the point of this. These turn into bitter pissing contests, and at the end of the day, there is no winner...just the same tired, circular argument.

The point is obvious. It is about learning from a huge mistake.

Sometimes we have to be reminded why as fans you shouldn't support, endorse or encourage bad management. The bottom line is that the Bills mismanaged the situation and they will likely be paying for it with bad play from the LT position for at least 2-3 seasons(counting this years debacle) and with high draft picks or free agents, etc..

LEARN.

When Pat Williams left, the general consensus was "who needs him, the Steelers backups just ran for 200 yards on him and Adams, we can defend that badly without him". Ron Edwards was going to be "good enough" and had potential. A first round draft pick(McCargo) a comparably priced free agent(Triplett) and two more picks(a #3 & #5 for Stroud) and A LOT OF BAD FOOTBALL PLAYED and he's still not truly replaced.

Don't drink the Kool Aid. The cost of losing Williams has far exceeded what it would have cost them had they just paid him his market value. The same will likely go for Peters. It only took 15 seasons to bridge the gap between pro bowl left tackles for this team, it could be even HARDER to replace Peters than it has been Williams.

Please Bills, if you get another star QB, LT, DE or DT do not let them walk in FA or trade them for a future bag of maybe. And please Bills fans, do not endorse their mismanagement because you think they should be held to a contract that doesn't reflect their value around the league. It's not about denying a greedy star player, THEY WILL GET PAID. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

they should have made him play out his contract...

I agree. Should have kept his fat lazy ass on the team until his contract ran out. That woulda showed him ;) . We could have then let him go where ever he wanted to and we would have nothing in return.

He's gone. He's lazy. I don't miss him one bit.

What other stupid ass organization wouldn't replace their LT? :wallbash:

Pretty freakin' hysterical (and pathetic) when a guy starts a thread for the sole purpose of saying, "Nyah nyah, my favorite $60M tackle actually showed up, played a full game and (OMFG) - for once - didn't allow a sack for an entire game!"

Wowie!!!! Nice job, FatBoy, but hey - doesn't that call for a raise??? I smell another holdout.... :lol:

Yeah? I would say it is EXACTLY as pathetic as a hater starting a thread for the sole purpose of saying "Nyah nyah, the tackle I hate with all my soul, the guy I dream about at night, had a bad game and allowed a sack."

Although, what's really funny is that when the actual stats come out, the sack never happened. That is SERIOUSLY pathetic and it's happened over and over. Oh, actually, it was you, wasn't it, Senator?

Peters has allowed three sacks this year and two of them came during the two games when he played through a gimpy ankle, taking one for the team. He's the 12th best in the league out of 75, and up till the game where he was injured, he was #2 in the league. That's not just showing up. That's playing extremely well.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

A matter of opinion, of which there are many.

I think the Bills handled it almost perfectly - except they should have pushed for the Eagles #20 first round pick, instead of the #28. But we got Wood and Nelson for the fat bum, plus a 6th rounder this April - would have been an absolutely perfect trade (from the Bills perspective) if we used our own pick on Oher, even better if we picked Oher at #8 and had gotten the Eagles earlier pick to use on Pettigrew.

JMO.

As usual, you leave out the main cost of trading Peters when you recap that trade.

1) The Eagles gave up: the picks for Wood and Nelson and a 6th rounder in the 2010 draft.

2) The Bills gave up: Peters. And a season of truly horrendous play at LT, which has helped reduce Trent to a quivering wreck.

3) The Bills WILL give up: Either another year or two of bad play from LT while we search for or train another LT, OR our first round pick, most likely this year, though we might suffer through horrible LT play again next year and use our first next year. If we'd signed Peters, we wouldn't have to use that pick. Now we do.

If Bell or Langston had been adequate, this wouldn't have been such a bad trade. But now we have to use serious resources to replace Peters, and that absolutely should be considered as part of the cost of getting rid of him. In economics, they call it the "replacement cost" and it will be high.

I agree. The Bills should have addressed LT in the draft. Other than that they robbed the Eagles IMO. Philly is paying sick money to a guy who does his job half the time.

PTR

12th best of all (left and right) tackles in the league. -profootballfocus.com

The point is obvious. It is about learning from a huge mistake.

Sometimes we have to be reminded why as fans you shouldn't support, endorse or encourage bad management. The bottom line is that the Bills mismanaged the situation and they will likely be paying for it with bad play from the LT position for at least 2-3 seasons(counting this years debacle) and with high draft picks or free agents, etc..

I think most fans on TBD cannot understand what management is, because they don't manage anything or anyone beside themselves. It's why they can't understand why bad decisions beget more bad decisions. Peters wasn't the greatest guy in the world, but his departure has produced a domino effect that rippled through the entire OL. And the team as a whole is paying for it.

Next month, the Bills have yet another opportunity to correct their management structure. They can choose to make the hard right decision or continue along the path of making easy wrong decisions. There is no quick fix to building a better team.

That despite Peters. He missed how many games already? $11M for a guy who doesn't feel like playing half the time?

PTR

Well then we should also dump Butler, McKelvin, all the guys on IR, Poz, and everyone else on the team who "doesn't feel like playing half the time" as showed by missing a bit of time to injury.

Again, Peters missed four games in five years with the Bills.

You are talking from emotion here.