Idea for the QB situation next year

BuffaloBlood

I know these are a lot of what ifs but IF Seattle moves on from Hasselback (which is a definate possiblity) and IF the Bills draft a young QB wouldnt Hasselback be a nice pickup to play the mentor short term starter role?

I know he gets hurt a lot but if you drafted a QB thats not a big deal cause then the rook gets some time during his learning year.

Another option may be Kerry Collins in the same role.

I know these are a lot of what ifs but IF Seattle moves on from Hasselback (which is a definate possiblity) and IF the Bills draft a young QB wouldnt Hasselback be a nice pickup to play the mentor short term starter role?

I know he gets hurt a lot but if you drafted a QB thats not a big deal cause then the rook gets some time during his learning year.

If available we may not have a choice the free agent and QBs on the trading block will be slim pickings. My question is will Philly be able to retain Mcnabb, Vick, and Kolb on the same roster.

Really?

No.

If available we may not have a choice the free agent and QBs on the trading block will be slim pickings. My question is will Philly be able to retain Mcnabb, Vick, and Kolb on the same roster.

Vick will be gone, McNabb the starter and Kolb the backup. I don't see the problem.

QB talk is really just commentary unless the Bills stabilize that line. Such old news isn't really news, but oh well. Carousels are for the carnival and without depth and identity this offense will continue to rot regardless of the hot shot QB they draft or the Free agent veteran. Levitre will be back as well as Hangartner and possibly Butler. Wood may never be right again. Damn shame really the cards fell that way. Who knows maybe with some time Kendall Simmons could be the answer to losing Wood for next year in all probability. Bell could be a good back up, but there has to be an answer there. Maybe Santa Claus could fill in. He is big and is as nimble as they come. Kind of like Jason Peters. Except Santa will actually work for the love of the fans alone.

I think rob johnson should be looked at. You may have to give up some decent draft picks, but he has looked pretty good over in jacksonville

Re-wound to 1997.

I'm not a big fan of trading for backups with limited experience based on a good game or 2.

Vick will be gone, McNabb the starter and Kolb the backup. I don't see the problem.

Vick will still be under contract so someone will have to trade for him, he hasnt proved anything since his return so whats he worth, a 4th rd pick at most, will the Eagles part with him for that? If Kolb feels he ought to be starting in this league whats to stop him from being disruptive especially if a team is making an offer for him where he could be the starting QB?

Vick will still be under contract so someone will have to trade for him, he hasnt proved anything since his return so whats he worth, a 4th rd pick at most, will the Eagles part with him for that? If Kolb feels he ought to be starting in this league whats to stop him from being disruptive especially if a team is making an offer for him where he could be the starting QB?

Unless he renegotiates his deal, nobody is trading for Vick. Philly is going to either have to let him go or sign him to a new deal. Right now, with his current contract, his trade value is lower than Trent Edwards'.

Unless he renegotiates his deal, nobody is trading for Vick. Philly is going to either have to let him go or sign him to a new deal. Right now, with his current contract, his trade value is lower than Trent Edwards'.

Actually the Eagles have an option on Vick for next season. They can take the option and pay him 5mil next year (which they will not) or they can decline and he will be a FA which is what will happen.

The only problem with bringing in a guy in his declining years, is that he is more prone to injury than ever before. And if he already has a history of being hurt a lot, that's a recipe for disaster. Now place that guy behind a porous offensive line and run the computer model. Mine says he doesn't even make it through the preseason games.

with the free agent market looking to be slim at the QB position and our draft position looking to keep us out of reach of a top tier rookie QB Vick might be our best option. If we can get a crafty OC to run some version of the wildcat and his big arm to hit Evans while brohm and maybe a rookie are being groomed behind him. I dont know what will happen but we cant go into next season with Fitzpatrick penciled in as our starter.

with the free agent market looking to be slim at the QB position and our draft position looking to keep us out of reach of a top tier rookie QB Vick might be our best option. If we can get a crafty OC to run some version of the wildcat and his big arm to hit Evans while brohm and maybe a rookie are being groomed behind him. I dont know what will happen but we cant go into next season with Fitzpatrick penciled in as our starter.

Actually, we are in a pretty good spot to grab a top tier QB. Many of the teams ahead of us already have a decent QB, or drafted/acquired a QB recently.

Actually, we are in a pretty good spot to grab a top tier QB. Many of the teams ahead of us already have a decent QB, or drafted/acquired a QB recently.

100% true--figure st. louis, Cle, and maybe the Bucs (though I can see them sticking with Freeman) looking for first round QBs. leaves a couple good choices for us if our front office is smart enough to figure out who works.

Vick is useless, we've been through this on the boards quote a few times. Bad fit and way past his prime; totally not worth the price

100% true--figure st. louis, Cle, and maybe the Bucs (though I can see them sticking with Freeman) looking for first round QBs. leaves a couple good choices for us if our front office is smart enough to figure out who works.

Vick is useless, we've been through this on the boards quote a few times. Bad fit and way past his prime; totally not worth the price

There is no way the Bucs draft a QB this year. The Browns aren't likely to, either.