Brian Kelly

BillsInMaine

I have absolutely no respect for this guy! He leaves his undefeated Bearcats with a bowl game and potential perfect season coming up. I would be so pissed if I were a player on his team! The guy has no respect for anyone who is on the Bearcat sideline IMO. :lol:

Twitter him and tell him of your dissatisfaction.

As for posting this on the main board -- this has squat to do with the Bills unless Brian Kelly is related to Jim so use off the wall. We have our own football team that has underperformed for most of the last decade and a half -- we don't need to be talking about another team that has done the same... ;-)

I have absolutely no respect for this guy! He leaves his undefeated Bearcats with a bowl game and potential perfect season coming up. I would be so pissed if I were a player on his team! The guy has no respect for anyone who is on the Bearcat sideline IMO. :lol:

do you think he would have left his undefeated team if it had any shot at winning a national championship? a playoff system would've prevented an early departure, the BCS makes every other bowl game irrelevant. if he had a chance to win the national championship this year he would have stayed; since he has no chance this year, he went to a team that whose national spotlight gives him at least a fighting chance every year.

do you think he would have left his undefeated team if it had any shot at winning a national championship? a playoff system would've prevented an early departure, the BCS makes every other bowl game irrelevant. if he had a chance to win the national championship this year he would have stayed; since he has no chance this year, he went to a team that whose national spotlight gives him at least a fighting chance every year.

Exactly, this says more about college football than it does about brian kelly. The BCS makes every bowl game irrelevant, and takes away from the national championship. A couple years ago people were talking about Les Miles going to Michigan right before LSU played in the BCS title game and no one passed it off as non-sense. Then the guy who took the Michigan job was Rich Rodriguez, right before his top 5 ranked team was scheduled to play Oklahoma in a BCS game. I mean would anyone lend credibility to a report of Roy Williams leaving UNC before the tournament to accept a job with Notre Dame basketball? Would Sean Payoton leave the Saints during the bye week because Dan Snynder offered him a boat load of money to coach the redskins? I believe that the fact that this happens every year is the strongest argument as to why the BCS is a joke. The coaches of the teams don't even take the bowl games seriously.

Coaches are mercenaries just like players, and with recruiting seson upon us, kelly did the right thing for his new team, it is messed up that he left the nati at this point in their season, but at least now he has the whole month, IE winter break to recruit his first group of HS players. The guy is a winner, and this is his "dream" job. was it wrong, no, inconsiderate yes. Also, you have to know that as a coach, when u go undefeated and still dont have a shot at the nat'l championship, you should look elsewhere. ND is an elite name in college football, if he can get them back to glory his legend will be set.

This really means that much to you?

It's like being manager at the Dollar Tree in the mall and being offered a manager position at Macy's. Are you going to ride it out through the holiday season there or move on? :lol:

Yeah because mall employees are recruited just like college athletes. Great analogy.

Coaching Notre Dame is like coaching the Redskins. You'll make a lot of money but your team will always suck. In the end, you will disappoint the fans and get fired.

Yeah because mall employees are recruited just like college athletes. Great analogy.

Coaching Notre Dame is like coaching the Redskins. You'll make a lot of money but your team will always suck. In the end, you will disappoint the fans and get fired.

Last time I checked we were just talking about a coaching position, am I right? I'm talking about the Dollar Tree (Cincinnattii) being a less attractive job than Macy's (Notre Dame). Yes he's getting more money, but he'll also have more resources and a better, easier, flashier product to sell in recruiting at ND. Every game is televised and he can use the football tradition at ND more so to his advantage in landing top players. Have more NFL products come from Cincinnatti or Notre Dame? You tell me.