I can't believe with Mauron gone they are still doing this!

Red

So you want them to prepare for a game in the 40's and sunny by going out in a blizzard, unable to get anything accomplished in 60+ mph gusts?

Yeah, great idea. Glad you are not on the coaching staff. Makes no sense whatsoever!

If you can long snap for a punt or a kick in those conditions, you can do it in any conditions.

If the holder or punter can field the ball in those conditions, they can do it in any conditions.

Coaches do things for many reasons. Maybe there was an element of team building involved in separating the group.

But no, you know more about special teams than Bobby April and Perry Fewell. Okay.

I don't know what it's like out in Orchard Park, but I'm up north of Albany and with the wind it feels like -10 outside. My dog was trying to figure out how to stand on one foot to take a leak this morning. It's brutally cold, and I can't believe it's any nicer out west. We lost to Cleveland in the snow because we were terrible; not because we didn't practice in the snow/cold. I'm all for them practicing outside during the winter months, but in weather like this? Ridiculous.

If you can long snap for a punt or a kick in those conditions, you can do it in any conditions.

If the holder or punter can field the ball in those conditions, they can do it in any conditions.

Coaches do things for many reasons. Maybe there was an element of team building involved in separating the group.

But no, you know more about special teams than Bobby April and Perry Fewell. Okay.

So they should go right into the middle of a hurricane to practice? 70mph winds are hurricane strength. My point is simply why take the team out and practice where they accomplish absolutely nothing....nobody catches a pass, nobody catches anything b/c the ball is all over the place. They are actually going to try and complete a pass more than 5 yards on Sunday, so why practice in elements that do not allow you to practice more than 5% of your playbook.

If they were playing in those conditions in another dday or two then you practice in it b/c that is what you are relegated to....very simple concept really.

The playoff hopes are all but dead it would not be good for anyone to suffer a career ending injury because they decided to make the players practice outside in a snowstorm, to prepare for a meangless game.

Prior to a playoff game sure, risk it, get the guys ready for whatever is coming gameday. But not this week, these Bills.

From Bills Daily: "Special Teamers Go Outside: It's always fun to play football in the snow and Rian Lindell, Brian Moorman, and Garrison Sanborn went outside during yesterday's practice in blizzard like conditions. They practiced kicking field goals and punts under the watchful eye of Bobby April while the rest of the team stayed warm and dry in the fieldhouse."

Huh?

I thought that these Mauronic tendencies of having the Bills practicing INSIDE when the Buffalo weather is OUTSIDE would be gone when Jauron left.

These players are too pampered. Last year's Cleveland game proved that we are not properly prepared to play in the elements.

I don't like it.

uhmmm.... it will be 43 degrees and partly sunny on Sunday in KC. I think the game you reference is the 07 season. Explain to me how practicing in a snowstorm will help them out on most Sundays in the NFL. Does practicing in snow allow them to concentrate more and improve their muscle memory and technique? Bills teams have been practicing in that field house for a long time... I think almost 20 years. I remember the Bills getting beat by a guy named John Fourcade and the Saints circa... 1989 it was snowing. The Saints played and practiced in a dome. The Bills just aren't very good that's why they lose not b/c of the weather and where they practice.

I'm fine with the kickers and punters working outdoors. I think the QB's and receivers should get some reps out there as well. Running around in the snow affects the timing on patterns and guys need to be familiar with catching a freezing cold ball. I think the whole team should do warm ups outside just to be used to moving around in all different weather types.

So they should go right into the middle of a hurricane to practice? 70mph winds are hurricane strength. My point is simply why take the team out and practice where they accomplish absolutely nothing....nobody catches a pass, nobody catches anything b/c the ball is all over the place. They are actually going to try and complete a pass more than 5 yards on Sunday, so why practice in elements that do not allow you to practice more than 5% of your playbook.

If they were playing in those conditions in another dday or two then you practice in it b/c that is what you are relegated to....very simple concept really.

There's a disconnect somewhere between what you and I are saying.

I was clearly talking about the fact that they sent the snapper, holder, kicker, and punter out to practice. From your comments you're clearly talking about the whole team practicing outside which was not the case the other day.

How fast would you blast Fewell if Terrence McGee reinjures his knee practicing outside????? Every team in the NFL practices this way. Listen to the players. Theirs bodies can barely move by Wednesday. In general I agree a little more hitting especially in training camp would be a good thing. I think that is where you find out that your back-up LB is much better than your starter in real conditions. But in-season it just unnecessarily risks injury.

If it takes one guy getting injured to make 52 guys better, then its a good idea.