Hey, did anyone see ProBowler Jason Peters today?

The Senator

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was two administrations ago. You wanna B word about letting OJ go in '78 too??

No, but I do wanna B word about the retarded fans who love spew negativity about good players the franchise lets go (Clements, Williams, Fletcher, Peters, etc...) while making continual excuses for the players on the team who are either overpaid or aren't getting it done (Schobel, Kelsay, Whitner, etc...).

That was two administrations ago. You wanna B word about letting OJ go in '78 too??

When they cease repeating their mistakes, and start winning, then the page can be turned on the incompetence.

BTW, I don't think anyone lamented the OJ trade in the past 30 years. The OJ trade netted the Cousineau pick, who was traded for the pick that was used to draft Jim Kelly.

Get a !@#$ing clue yourself, moron - yeah sure, we'd be better paying some lazy fat clown $60M to sit on the bench. :ph34r:

Here's another clue, mensa boy - you don't like what I post, try using the 'ignore' feature.

You are right. I am so sorry.

I forgot that YOU know and can evaluate NFL talent better than the coaches, players, scouts and gm's themselves!

You dumb !@#$. He is an amazing athlete and we played better and had better records WITH HIM ON OUR TEAM!

And I wouldn't say Jason Peters is fat and your argument is retarded...because, remind me what we paid Dockery and Walker, who are not even close to being the player that Jason Peters is!

You are an idiot! EVERY PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE has off-days/games...now document your stupidity after watching and evaluating EVERY SNAP he has taken this year. YOU just base **** off of 1 game?

You are right. I am so sorry.

I forgot that YOU know and can evaluate NFL talent better than the coaches, players, scouts and gm's themselves!

You dumb !@#$. He is an amazing athlete and we played better and had better records WITH HIM ON OUR TEAM!

Unfortunately 'amazing athlete' doesn't equate to consistent, dominant, elite left tackle deserving of top dollar. Ask...never mind. Too easy.

Unfortunately 'amazing athlete' doesn't equate to consistent, dominant, elite left tackle deserving of top dollar. Ask...never mind. Too easy.

And you are right too...but he is not lazy and he is not a horrible player.

For god's sake...our offensive line, qb's, rb's EVERYBODY played better with him here, than this year.

You are all just in denial because we will never replace him.

For god's sake...our offensive line, qb's, rb's EVERYBODY played better with him here, than this year.

I'm not sure how many times I'm going to have to explain this, but just because we did not adequately replace him - which we did not - does not mean that we should have overpaid for him. That's how you get into salary cap hell, and that's how small market teams really !@#$ themselves.

I'm not in denial you fool. You can't let one man handcuff an entire organization. The well had been poisoned and he had to go. I just wish we had replaced him adequately. We'll get that chance in April.

Oh, and your premise that everyone played better with Peters is just stupid. Our interior line is better now than it was last year, Trent hasn't played well since about week 8 last year, Peters or no Peters, and if you think Lynch isn't playing well because of Peters, you're on drugs.

How did Will Woolford and Howard Ballard get in this conversation? :ph34r:

You're right, it doesn't always equate.

But with Peters, it does.

He was top two in the league in 2007, and when playing on a healthy ankle this year has been terrific. Again, he was ranked second in the league of all left and right tackles up until the injury. Now, after the injury, he's ranked 12th. Whereas Bell is ranked dead last. Yeah, great job saving us all that unused money.

I'm not sure how many times I'm going to have to explain this, but just because we did not adequately replace him - which we did not - does not mean that we should have overpaid for him. That's how you get into salary cap hell, and that's how small market teams really !@#$ themselves.

I'm not in denial you fool. You can't let one man handcuff an entire organization. The well had been poisoned and he had to go. I just wish we had replaced him adequately. We'll get that chance in April.

Oh, and your premise that everyone played better with Peters is just stupid. Our interior line is better now than it was last year, Trent hasn't played well since about week 8 last year, Peters or no Peters, and if you think Lynch isn't playing well because of Peters, you're on drugs.

"Explain" as many times as you like. What you have there is an opinion, a very questionable one, not some obviously verifiable fact.

You pay your elite guys elite money. Or, if you're the recent version of the Buffalo Bills, you just lose them. The only guys we have paid near-elite money to haven't been worth it, Schobel excepted.

Again, check profootballfocus.com. Peters is elite.

Way to prove you have no idea what you're talking about. Peters got "banged up" left the game in the 2nd quarter.

Yup, head injury. That makes him a wuss and unmotivated. You know, along with those other well-known unmotivated wusses, Kurt Warner and Roethlisberger and ...............

What amazes me is how folks argue as though their two views cannot happen at the same time at all.

My sense is that it certainly seems true that Peters despite his two Pro Bowl berths with the Bills actually is not an elite LT that always shows up and can do no wrong as a player. He simply is not and did not even appear to deserve his second Pro Bowl berth he was given.

It is no surprise at all that he is not an elite LT as the fact is he does not have the long-term complete schooling as an LT since he was a TE in college who only found his way to the OL when his talent became clear to Mouse McNally and it became clear this was the best (if not the only) way for him to have a useful NFL career.

When one adds onto his misplaced start, that he then really took a season + off in his development as a player as he and the Bills went to war, it is no surprise that his deficits as an OL are showing.

Yet, despite all of this being true the folks who simply want to call him a fat tub of goo and a lardass are simply ignoring the reality that even with his failings he is head and shoulders better than the treadmill of journeymen which we trotted out at LT this year. Again the simple fact is that the OL was pretty much the weakest unit on this team (which is saying a lot for a 4-8 squad,

Hate Peters all you want but the fact is that this would almost certainly be a better team if this fat tub of lardass was manning the LT slot for us.

Both views are true as far as reality.

Explain as many times as you like. What you have there is an opinion, a very questionable one, not some obviously verifiable fact.

You pay your elite guys elite money. Or, if you're the recent version of the Buffalo Bills, you just lose them. The only guys we have paid near-elite money to haven't been worth it, Schobel excepted.

Again, check profootballfocus.com. Peters is elite.

Well obviously if profootballfocus calls him elite (which it doesn't, fyi), then it must be true. 12th doesn't equal elite (spare me the injury excuses). He didn't want to be paid as the 12th best tackle in the league, he wanted to be paid as the best. For a guy who let his salary affect his performance on the field (per Tim Graham) that is unacceptable. By the way, reading that I noted Peters has taken less than 600 snaps this season (low), is run blocking is average (nowhere near that of Joe Thomas or, funny enough, Michael Oher), his pass blocking is above average/good, and he's near the league lead in penalties taken. Oh, and someone should tell Vollmer, Clady, Gaither, Backus, et al. that they all should hold out for pay raises since Peters makes far more than all of them. As I said, just because we didn't adequately replace him (D. Bell, K. Chambers, J. Scott) doesn't mean that keeping him was the proper move. But when a situation is that far gone you cannot let one person be above the team. No way, no how. Should it have gotten that far? Of course not. But you're a flat-out idiot if you think that this past April the Bills should have just opened their checkbooks on this one.

FYI, this has nothing to do with Pat Williams (who we should have kept), London Fletcher (who we also should have kept), Nate Clements (who we should have gotten compensation for rather than just let him walk), Winfield (who I was fine letting walk), etc.

Yup, head injury. That makes him a wuss and unmotivated. You know, along with those other well-known unmotivated wusses, Kurt Warner and Roethlisberger and ...............

WTF are you talking about now? Some guy clearly wasn't watching the game and I pointed it out to him. Shut the !@#$ up, dude...

The Bills could have paid Peters his worth a long time ago. Instead, led by their inept GM Marv Levy, they did the following:

1. Kept Peters' contract the same even though he moved from right to left tackle

2. Signed Derrick Dockery to the richest contract in Bills history (note: he sucked and was cut a few years later)

3. Signed Langston Walker to a massive contract.

Essentially Peters was the 3rd highest player on his own line. A few years later, Peters gets pissed and orchestrates his ticket out of town. Dockery and Walker are cut. The Bills are in the basement of the AFC East.

Thanks, Marv.