#3 Texas vs #22 Nebraska

ProjectPat

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF was Texas thinking on that play? They just missed coming away from being an eternal laughingstock.

All of the plays after the horse collar haven't made much sense. Lucky bastards to pull out that win.

EDIT: It's going to be a boring CG. Alabama is going to roll over them.

Once again a Conf. Championship is pissed away by clock management. Nebraska got all "Dick Jauron" and played or the FG. If they had gotten one more 1st down they could have run the clock down and won the damn game. Pitt blew it and Nebraska just blew it.

PTR

And the BCS breathes a Huge Sigh of relief.

Have to disagree with that. Once again they have an undefeated BCS conference team left out of the championship game. Add in TCU and the BCS is going to have even more crap thrown at it than it usually does.

Have to disagree with that. Once again they have an undefeated BCS conference team left out of the championship game. Add in TCU and the BCS is going to have even more crap thrown at it than it usually does.

True, but at least they can make an argument for why TCU and Cincinatti will eliminated. How would they have justified picking between those two teams if Texas had lost?

True, but at least they can make an argument for why TCU and Cincinatti will eliminated. How would they have justified picking between those two teams if Texas had lost?

They cant make any argument about that. The only reason Texas is number 2 is because there a big name school in a big name conference.

Easy. Cinci is a BCS conference and had a strong finish winning against the #15 team. Yes TCU is good, but as far BCS is concerned it's just another Boise St (oh yeah...them too).

It hurts the "BCS" system more when one of it's own conference wins all of it's game and doesn't even have a chance to play for the championship. I agree that it would have been a fiasco either way, but I think this hurts more. More than half of the undefeated teams in college football are hung out to dry.

I see your point, yet if Texas loses this game the controversy would be at an all time high. With Texas winning, the BCS can dismiss the arguments from TCU, Cincinnati and Boise State as petty.

Another mess of a season without a definative champ. An 8 game playoff with 5 undefeateds, Florida, Oregon, and Ohio State would be awful fun.

I have zero interest in Colt McCoy for the Bills. Pike was the best QB I saw today.