An Amazing Story, if true...

My point was that having an excessive amount of guns doesn't help much more than having one, IMO. My point could have been made a lot clearer. My bad.

You're an <_< hole . How dare you :w00t: say something like that when time and time again I have respected the military on this board. Thanks for putting down your uneducated thoughts on the subject. Jesus your a :lol: !

I must have missed your hundreds of guns rights posts. My bad. Now go somewhere else with your hard-on junior. Or spend more time slapping women around.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was that having an excessive amount of guns doesn't help much more than having one, IMO. My point could have been made a lot clearer. My bad.

For starters, you might have said "lots of guns", rather than "a gun".

And then you might have used for your example a place where guns are actually in evidence.

Feels good to defend oneself, not take it the next level and justifying robbing and credit card theft/fraud just as the person with the knife was gonna do.

I guess "he drew his knife on my girlfriend and I first, now turn around is fair play" feels "good" in our society.

Get a clue man and an ounce of morals. It is no better than what the dude may have been justifying doing to you.

I am not saying one can't defend themselves... Even with a firearm... I think that part is great!!!

I know you know what I am saying... Didn't your momma or priest teach you better. The story was great up until the point where the victims justified an act no different that what the orginal perp probably justified his orginal act with.

Get an ounce of morals.

So are you the type of person that after you read The Tortoise and the Hare said "but rabbits and turtles can't talk."?

So are you the type of person that after you read The Tortoise and the Hare said "but rabbits and turtles can't talk."?

Better than believeing that they really do talk. Not saying you Chef, your comments were noted... But there seems to be a lot of people that actually believe in this fantasy world and treat it as non-fiction.

sorry to ruin your "great story" but if you take the credit card and phone of a mugger, they are probably the card and the phone of the guy he has just robbed before assaulting you... and at that point it's not a "great story" anymore it's just a sad story about the sad state of our societies

sorry to ruin your "great story" but if you take the credit card and phone of a mugger, they are probably the card and the phone of the guy he has just robbed before assaulting you... and at that point it's not a "great story" anymore it's just a sad story about the sad state of our societies

Sad state? That we're sick and tired of kowtowing to the bad guys? It's a fricken story. Did you read Aesop's fables and B word because there's no way a goose could lay a golden egg in the first place? I like "stories" of people sticking it to the bad guy. I was on the bus this past weekend with my wife and brother. The bus was packed and there was a guy in the back drinking a beer from a bag and being beligerent. There were people that got on the back of the bus which is illegal seeing that's how you jump the fair. He said "hey, those people are breaking the law" and I said loud enough so all in the back could hear "kind of like drinking on the bus." He got off at the next stop.

Sad state? That we're sick and tired of kowtowing to the bad guys? It's a fricken story. Did you read Aesop's fables and B word because there's no way a goose could lay a golden egg in the first place?

what are you talking about?

this story is not told like a fable" it is told as a "true story" there is no metaphors or symbols... this is just a stupid story about a man who see himself as a justice maker while he's just dumber than an ass!

this story is not told like a fable" it is told as a "true story" there is no metaphors or symbols... this is just a stupid story about a man who see himself as a justice maker while he's just dumber than an ass!

Fables were told as "true" stories too. If you think this really happened then naivete must be your middle name.

Exactly!

IMO I think it may be told like this to try and illicit certain responses. In others words, since it is a blog, maybe they are trying to see how many find this story vdicating. From the looks of it, they found a lot of people without a moral compass. :thumbsup:

Fables were told as "true" stories too. If you think this really happened then naivete must be your middle name.

Hello McFly, McFly... Of course the story didn't happened. I am railing on how what an even stupid made up story it is and how people can even relate to it.

I am glad you are onboard now, the bus leaves the station at 2000 hrs.

:thumbsup:

Exactly!

IMO I think it may be told like this to try and illicit certain responses. In others words, since it is a blog, maybe they are trying to see how many find this story vdicating. From the looks of it, they found a lot of people without a moral compass. :thumbsup:

It's not about moral compass it's a "story" about people being fed up with being taken advantage of and actually doing something about it. It is one big metaphor.

It's not about moral compass it's a "story" about people being fed up with being taken advantage of and actually doing something about it. It is one big metaphor.

Ya. Like being so fed up they take advantage of and do the same thing the other guy was doing to them. If you don't see the fundemental problem here, you are clueless.

What ever happened to The Golden Rule, no matter what the other may have done or is doing to you.

The Golden Rule is an ethical code that states one has a right to just treatment, and a responsibility to ensure justice for others. It is also called the ethic of reciprocity. It is arguably the most essential basis for the modern concept of human rights, though it has its critics. A key element of the golden rule is that a person attempting to live by this rule treats all people, not just members of his or her in-group, with consideration. The Golden rule appears to have an evolutionary basis, see Reciprocity (evolution).

It exists in both positive (generally structured in the form of "do to others what you would like to be done to you") and negative form (structured in the form of "do not do to others what you would not like to be done to you").

I guess you are one of the critics. :thumbsup:

I find it interesting that most took what they wanted to see out of the story. Of course that is nothing new, so carry on.

What? There is only one thing to take from this story and it is The Golden Rule.

Do to others what you would like to be done to you and negative form structured in the form of do not do to others what you would not like to be done to you.

Sure, I can see all the wise guys lining up right now saying: "I would like what happened to the guy with the knife to happene to me." That being, what is the point of the story then? :thumbsup:

Again, it is stupid no matter how you slice it... Even if you buy into Asop Chef's argument.

Ya. Like being so fed up they take advantage of and do the same thing the other guy was doing to them. If you don't see the fundemental problem here, you are clueless.

What ever happened to The Golden Rule, no matter what the other may have done or is doing to you.

The Golden Rule is an ethical code that states one has a right to just treatment, and a responsibility to ensure justice for others. It is also called the ethic of reciprocity. It is arguably the most essential basis for the modern concept of human rights, though it has its critics. A key element of the golden rule is that a person attempting to live by this rule treats all people, not just members of his or her in-group, with consideration. The Golden rule appears to have an evolutionary basis, see Reciprocity (evolution).

It exists in both positive (generally structured in the form of "do to others what you would like to be done to you") and negative form (structured in the form of "do not do to others what you would not like to be done to you").

I guess you are one of the critics.

Jesus dude it's a !@#$ing made up story about a thief who got his comeuppance. :thumbsup: