$9 million/year for a #2 receiver

bananathumb

I always wonder why fans care about players' salaries. The cap is irrelevant these days.

Ill never know how Washington goes into an Offseason with 8 Mil in cap room, then signs Haynesworth, Hall, Dockery to deals totaling like 180 million with 80 guaranteed. And the lowly Bills can sign Jeff Hangartner and TO and use up all their cap space? Something tells me we need a new Cap accountant too.

Ill never know how Washington goes into an Offseason with 8 Mil in cap room, then signs Haynesworth, Hall, Dockery to deals totaling like 180 million with 80 guaranteed. And the lowly Bills can sign Jeff Hangartner and TO and use up all their cap space? Something tells me we need a new Cap accountant too.

We also have $8,000,000 tied up in Peters and Walker this season even though they are gone. Take that and the $6,500,000 we gave to Owens and you have the money to sign 2 of the better OT's in the NFL to play those positions on our team. Which is what we should do in the offseason by the way. :sick:

Is it just me or do half of the go routes that TO get should be going to Evans, especially since Fitz became the starter it just seems that the only guy he looks deep for is TO. Now admittedly I didn't get to watch much of the game last night but a few of the deep balls at the end intended for TO might have been better suited maybe for Evans, not only was TO being covered by one of the best in the game but he was also getting safety help. It just seems to me that for every 5 deep balls TO gets Evans get 1 and for some reason I think those numbers need to be reversed.

Evans walks into the end zone on one of those that Fitz skipped to him b/c he got hit as he threw. Evans on a team with a great QB is in the Pro Bowl every year without a doubt. Evans has put up very good numbers and has had JP Losman, T Edwards and R Fitzpatrick as his QBs. I like Fitz but how were Chad OchoCinco's numbers last year? Maybe b/c Carson Palmer was out they were not so good!

Put Evans in Indy, San Diego, Minnesota, or anywhere else that has a top notch NFL QB, that has an OL that actually blocks for that QB, and you would see Evans blowing up. Evans has put up solid #'s his whole career here with below average QB's and inconsistent OL's that give those below average QB's time to throw the ball. Is he overpaid? Maybe so, but he is a good player and one of the better on our dismal team.

The only good numbers Evans has put up is with JP throwing him the long ball. But with no JP and TO the ball hog of the WR Evans isnt worth 9mil a year because his only skill is the deep ball. I said before if we were not keeping JP and we were not going to be a vertical team Lee should have been traded NOT RESIGNED and not for the amunt he got resigned for. Lee isnt and never will be a #1 receiever. He is a #2 vertical threat with a strong aremd QB who isnt afraid to look off TO.

Evans is a great route runner and is NOT only a deep threat. He is a great receiver with excellent hands, a great team guy and a hard worker. Do you think it is any coincidence that TO's worst season comes when he has Trent Edwards and R Fitzpatrick throwing him the ball? It has everything to do with QB play. Both Evans and TO would already have about 60-70 receptions each if they had a good QB throwing them the ball. Evans is a victim of bad QB play. Watch the game from the stands and you'll see he is consistently open.....ask guys like Jim Kelly who watch game film and say he is open and plays are there to be made.

We could get a great LT for what we pay a primadonna, non-contributing TO.

The Bills could have gotten a replacement for JP once they traded him away, they chose not to. They could have drafted a O tackle, gotten one in free agency even up to two weeks ago, they chose not to.

Dunno why they choose to ignore the most important position the the team besides the QB, but they did. I suppose it is why the front office needs change as much as the coaching staff, in fact it needs it more.

Evans is a nice talent who could have been great in the right circumstances. He isn't physically dominant enough to make it happen in Buffalo. He'd be lights out with a good supporting cast and a QB who actually knows what a timing route is.

Eric Moulds was a player that a QB could just put the ball out there for and let him make a play. These are the type of recievers who can be productive on every team. Evans is more like Greg Jennings, Sanatana Moss, Donnie Avery, Santonio Holmes, and Peerless Price. A really nice talent but a waste without the right support.