Anybody good with HTML?

stevestojan

Yes, I have already googled this, and no, I cant find the answer :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have a picture, and I want to make two areas of the picture clickable links. Now, I know I could just cut the picture into three parts, but I also know there is a way to make the two areas that I want, and only those two areas, clickable.

If you are good in HTML, and can give me a pointer, or even a good site, that would be cool. If you want, I can email you the picture, so you have a better idea.

Thanks.

And thanks in advance for the "do your own homework" posts. I really have tried to look this up... and its not for work, so the picture is G -rated :D

if you want to email me the pic... and tell me what areas you want links... I can write the HTML and send it back to you... let me know. Image Mapping is easy if you do it a lot, but it's one of those things that goes away fast if you don't use it.

I haven't made an image map in ages. The program of choice that I used back in the day was GeoHTML. As it writes all the HTML code for you, all you really need to do is make the shape of the area you want to use in the map ie no need to get the coordinates from MS Photo editor and typing them in etc.

Of course it is an older program and lists Win NT support, so would think would run in XP but if by chance it doesn't work, I'd suggest compatibility mode with some other Win system.

Anyways, I did a quick google search and think this is a link to the official site.