LOST...Season 6

duey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True enough...but without those commercial breaks, I think my head would explode about half an hour in. :beer:

Anybody wacthing the whole thing starting at 7? I try to DVR everything, wondering when I can start watching to end up pretty close to live..thinking if i want both shows bout 8.30 or so

Anybody wacthing the whole thing starting at 7? I try to DVR everything, wondering when I can start watching to end up pretty close to live..thinking if i want both shows bout 8.30 or so

I'm sure you'll be safe with that. I'll be doing the same thing. I think I'll probably record the Kimmel thing too and watch that the next day.

My Sunday is going to consist of manipulating the day so that both kids a tucked happily in beds well before 9 pm. Ideally, they'll be out of our hair before 7, but that's going to be tough. A 2 1/2 hour episode...wow. There is no way sleep is going to come easy that night.

How very Jacob-like of you, duey....

"Now that, I can do!"

:beer:

I'll be watching straight through, broadcast feed. Old-school (and, w/o a DVR, our only school). Will be watching with my best friend who's in town for the weekend. Hooked him onto LOST back near the start. From-scratch pizza, rhubarb crisp, Vanilla Coke and TV history. Awesomeness. I can't wait.

Something I just thought of.... There've been a few comparisons of Ben to Napoleon this season. Perhaps his most famous line was, "Apres moi, la deluge" --- literally translated "After me, [comes] the flood." Note that Ben's command of the Others came to an end, and the Island, in the Sideways world, was completely flooded.

Also have to go back and point out the comedic value after Richard was thrown into the jungle by Smokey. Some of Michael Emerson's best acting on this show has been silent (see: guilting Hurley into giving him half an Apollo bar). Here, Ben sees the ageless wonder flung into center field, he turns around calmly, and sits on a Dharmaville porch chair. No dying on his feet, huh? Terrified look on his face, just waiting. And then it doesn't happen.

Also, Jacob's quote to Hurley was interesting. 'After this fire burns out, you won't see me anymore.' Is this alluding that the other candidates' candidacies / their 'special powers' end once the new protector is anointed?

Finally, Locke saying in Jack's office. "I'm ready to get out of this chair." Upon this second viewing, I flashed on the figure sitting in the chair in Jacob's cabin.... Exactly what it means, right now I don't know. But I think that was a pretty plain linkage.

Also have to go back and point out the comedic value after Richard was thrown into the jungle by Smokey. Some of Michael Emerson's best acting on this show has been silent (see: guilting Hurley into giving him half an Apollo bar). Here, Ben sees the ageless wonder flung into center field, he turns around calmly, and sits on a Dharmaville porch chair. No dying on his feet, huh? Terrified look on his face, just waiting. And then it doesn't happen.

One of the best scenes in the episode. Richard hears the chick-a-chick-a of the smoke monster and next thing he knows he's tossed a half mile away. Maybe he landed near the well..."Can you give a brutha a hand...or a rope...brutha?"

And agreed...so much of what Michael Emerson does is accomplished through facial expressions. Him seeing Richard discarded and then calmly taking a seat to wait for you know who was priceless. :thumbsup:

Having re-watched the pilot ep tonight, pondering the significance was of Jack waking up so far from the wreckage... and as Jacob said, near the "Heart of the Island." Jack said he blacked out when the plane hit turbulence. Wondering now whether it was something more akin to a timeflash (e.g. the candidates arriving in 2007 post-Incident, in 1977 post-Ajira, etc.) or some other anomaly.

Tomorrow at this time, we'll have seen it all.

These dudes are watching the whole thing, all episodes back to back. Can you imagine watching all these episodes and then falling asleep during the finale?

figured i might as well get my theory on how it will end down now before it's too late:

After all the sideways folks have "full realizations" of the main timeline, Charlie uses Desmond to jump back into the Island timeline. Since he is already dead in that world, no harm can come to him by entering the light. he drags FLocke back into the Light, and there is a great explosion. we then cut to Charlie waking up, back in Middle Earth, the whole thing was a spell cast on him by Saruman. And now he has to find Bilbo and make sure the ring is destroyed.

I want a return of the polar bears. Maybe Ben gets shredded by a boar. Who will appear that was presumably dead? Some lesser character may reappear. I could see Michael or Walt showing up. Maybe Danielle will come out of the ground. I wouldn't mind Ana Lucia showing up again only to get offed again. I couldn't stand her character but the acting was effective. I would think that Ben stays on the island but my guess is that they will off him for all the trouble he has caused. Desmond should be the key to many of the remaining questions. Will he be the one who finishes Smokey?

It has been a fun ride people. Enjoy the ending! Let's hope they don't let us down!

Yellow-fonted for a very vague spoiler about a love interest and a my theory on it: It's been revealed by some people in the know that we're going to be slightly surprised by Kate's final love interest in the Sideways World, but that it will be 'fitting for her character.' My guess is that it's going to be her childhood friend Tom from Iowa... or the policeman she married in the original timeline. Not going to be very satisfying for the Jack-Kate crowd or those hoping she somehow gets back with Sawyer/James Ford. But, really, I don't see how she was ever right for either of them. Always bounced b/w the two of them b/c they were there and each of them weren't quite what she needed.

figured i might as well get my theory on how it will end down now before it's too late:

After all the sideways folks have "full realizations" of the main timeline, Charlie uses Desmond to jump back into the Island timeline. Since he is already dead in that world, no harm can come to him by entering the light. he drags FLocke back into the Light, and there is a great explosion. we then cut to Charlie waking up, back in Middle Earth, the whole thing was a spell cast on him by Saruman. And now he has to find Bilbo and make sure the ring is destroyed.

I have a sneaking suspicion that only one of the Oceanic Losties will remain on the island, the rest will end up in their sideways worlds with sporadic micro-flashbacks of their island life. The one who remains will continue the mano a mano chess match with their protagonist. Which Lostie remains and who is the protagonist? Dunno, I think we may be in for a curve ball, there.

welp, 6 years of watching, studying, analyzing, researching, learning, discussing, arguing, and theorizing concludes now...

try not to get too wrapped up in being disappointed guys. remember, nothing they air can compete with 6 years of crazy internet theories :censored: