Time Warner-NFL Network Bills-Jets Game

cuse

I'm sure you all already know that the game will not be televised in the Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo markets by Time Warner. I called Time Warner last night and they informed me the NFL Network has exclusive rights to the game. This means it doesn't matter if you are in the primary or secondary market, & if you do not have a cable provider that has the NFL network you will not see this game. THIS SUCKS AND I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BLAME, THE NFL OR TIME WARNER!!!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you all already know that the game will not be televised in the Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo markets by Time Warner. I called Time Warner last night and they informed me the NFL Network has exclusive rights to the game. This means it doesn't matter if you are in the primary or secondary market, & if you do not have a cable provider that has the NFL network you will not see this game. THIS SUCKS AND I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BLAME, THE NFL OR TIME WARNER!!!!!

From what I understand, the genesis of the dispute was that Time Warner wanted to make it a pay per month channel and the NFL said absolutely not. It escalated from there. I blame Time Warner.

The game will be covered locally on Channel 7.

:D

From what I understand, the genesis of the dispute was that Time Warner wanted to make it a pay per month channel and the NFL said absolutely not. It escalated from there. I blame Time Warner.

The NFL demands that it be in basic digital service, because of the increased exposure i.e., more ad revenue for them. T-W is unwilling to raise rates for it's total subscriber base, knowing full well that that many of their customers don't give a rat's fanny about NFL football.

Don't blame T-W, although you could toss some blame at NFL fans who want others to subsidize our yucks. There is nothing wrong with a pay channel - folks purchase such all the time - movie channels, for example.

Folks get satellite tv, pay for NFL Network. Seems to me that the same should work with T-W...those that want it, pay for it. But it is the NFL that nixes it. Right?

The NFL demands that it be in basic digital service, because of the increased exposure i.e., more ad revenue for them. T-W is unwilling to raise rates for it's total subscriber base, knowing full well that that many of their customers don't give a rat's fanny about NFL football.

Don't blame T-W, although you could toss some blame at NFL fans who want others to subsidize our yucks. There is nothing wrong with a pay channel - folks purchase such all the time - movie channels, for example.

Folks get satellite tv, pay for NFL Network. Seems to me that the same should work with T-W...those that want it, pay for it. But it is the NFL that nixes it. Right?

My directv bill didn't go up a dime when I received the NFL channel and hasn't gone up since. You can't be serious when you typed "T-W is unwilling to raise rates"? That's all they did until they finally got some competition from Satellite companies. You must have meant; they will raise prices to their customers to add the NFL channel and if they do their customers will drop them, so therefor they don't want to pay the NFL for the rights.

This is just another reason to dump TW. Get DirecTV and then you won't have to worry about.

I have direct TV but the problem with that in the 'Cuse is that the time warner sports channel has all the SU stuff. To get NFL network and be able to see all the SU games, I need both.

I just find it funny that Rochester and Syracuse are close enough to be blacked out, but not close enough to receive the game over the air like Buffalo.

I believe the Rochester Market will get the game on our CBS affiliate - channel 8, just like everyone else in the Bills "primary market"... ie Cuse and Erie PA too.

My directv bill didn't go up a dime when I received the NFL channel and hasn't gone up since. You can't be serious when you typed "T-W is unwilling to raise rates"? That's all they did until they finally got some competition from Satellite companies. You must have meant; they will raise prices to their customers to add the NFL channel and if they do their customers will drop them, so therefor they don't want to pay the NFL for the rights.

Yes, I can be serious. And please don't attempt to put your words into my mouth.

Your straw man aside - why doesn't the NFL agree to a sports tier charge for those T-W customers who want the extra NFL content? Seems to be a very simple solution...

I believe the Rochester Market will get the game on our CBS affiliate - channel 8, just like everyone else in the Bills "primary market"... ie Cuse and Erie PA too.

Not according to the schedule on my cable box. I thought I recall Milwaukee not having it over the air when the Packers were on the NFL Network.

I blame the greedy !@#$s of the NFL. Their blackout rules suck balls and always have. That is the root of the problem.

The Black out rule is on point for one reason if you want to watch the game so damn badly just go to the damn thing seeing that it cant be any more than a hour drive you might even buy the ticket that sells the game out. The nfl network is the problem because they can not strike a deal with most cable providers. I will be going to the bar thursday.

I blame the NFL. They're insisting that it be made available on the basic tier, not a sports tier. They also want $.75 per household. IMO those are ridiculous demands. This is the only time I can remember that I've supported TW.

I just find it funny that Rochester and Syracuse are close enough to be blacked out, but not close enough to receive the game over the air like Buffalo.

:P

:rolleyes: Jackasses!!!

Yes, I can be serious. And please don't attempt to put your words into my mouth.

Your straw man aside - why doesn't the NFL agree to a sports tier charge for those T-W customers who want the extra NFL content? Seems to be a very simple solution...

Yes I guess that does seem like an option they could offer, but apparently that is the heart of the debate. I guess I have disdain for the cable companies. I would think that not having access to the NFL ticket is having a lot to do with T-W not budging on the NFL channel issue.