Stanford vs ND

Pozitive51

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerhart is a stud, he just ran over two ND defenders. I wouldnt mind seeing him and Harbaugh with the Bills next year.

Did you see his TD pass?

Edit: Defense not spoken here. 45-38 Stanfor* with 0:31 remaining and N* on the move.

Best college game I have seen in a long time. Gerhart should win the Heisman, Harbaugh should be our coach and look out for the Stanford freshman QB Lock.

I heard Harbaugh described as "special" ... we need to seriosuly consider him. He is a natural... its in his bloodline.

Best college game I have seen in a long time. Gerhart should win the Heisman, Harbaugh should be our coach and look out for the Stanford freshman QB Lock.

I heard Harbaugh described as "special" ... we need to seriosuly consider him. He is a natural... its in his bloodline.

Yep. His brother John is head coach of the Baltimore Ravens. His dad, Jack, was head coach at Western Michigan and Western Kentucky.

In spite of Harbaugh's proven ability to build offenses and coach quarterbacks, he's actually been using a power running attack this year because Gerhart is his best weapon and also to eat the clock because Stanford's defense still sucks.

Andrew Luck, Stanford's redshirt freshman quarterback is a big, tough, smart quarterback who's dad, Oliver, was a Houston Oilers QB for 4 years. The elder Luck is currently President and General Manager of the Major League Soccer's Houston Dynamo. Andrew Luck was very highly recruited out of Houston but the family decided that Stanford and Harbaugh was the best fit for him.

Watching Stanford tonight reminded me of watching a Bill Parcells team. Excellent running game. Hardnosed, no-nonsense football with a bit of trickery mixed in and a lot of aggressiveness with 4th down conversions, a halfback option, the two point conversion, etc.

I'm convinced Harbaugh will be a great coach. His players play hard for him. He's a natural leader, tough, experienced, with a ton of credibility from his playing days.

You guys are dreaming. Weis is gone.

No doubt Weis is gone. One of the main excuses for Charlies' shortcomings is ND's ability to compete against other programs that don't have as high of academic standards as ND's.

That argument was just thrown out the window by a Stanford team (8-4) with much higher academic standards than that of ND.

Ummm, I don't think that's a compliment. :)

No doubt Weis is gone. One of the main excuses for Charlies' shortcomings is ND's ability to compete against other programs that don't have as high of academic standards as ND's.

That argument was just thrown out the window by a Stanford team (8-4) with much higher academic standards than that of ND.

:):lol:

Did you see his TD pass?

Edit: Defense not spoken here. 45-38 Stanfor* with 0:31 remaining and N* on the move.

Arrgh....they had the coverage. If the DB just turns around it's an easy knock down.

Gerhart is an absolute beast -- I'd love to see him win the Heisman over one of the overhyped QBs. That's a guy I look forward to seeing at the pro level. Lock is going to be very good too. Extremely impressive for a freshman.

Weis is gone. This game was a perfect summary of his ND career as it highlighted his inability to develop talent and to field a competitive defense. They were an entertaining team to watch all year, but if you can't win putting up 38 points, you've got a problem.