Stanford vs ND

Pozitive51

I was also impressed with the way he threw the ball, he did look good. Bring in Weis as the OC and Develop Clausen for a year or two. Just some food for thought.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't want to bring in another QB to develop for a year or two.

With the exception of 2002 and 2003, we have been "developing" QB's since 1995 with no success (Collins, RJ, JP, Trent)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure he is. Everyone from Thousand Oaks, California is used to freezing cold temperatures, sub-zero wind-chill factors, multiple feet of snow, and something that our local weather people call the 'misery-index'. :D

Wanker-Punk Jimmy 'I-Started-A-Bar-Fight-And-Got-My-Ass-Kicked' Clausen

He plays at ND just in case you didnt notice. He's played in snow, wind, ice, rain. He'd do just fine up here. Just because he was born in Cali doesnt mean hes always played in sunshine.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't want to bring in another QB to develop for a year or two.

I sympathize with being gun shy on spending another high pick on the position, but the problem is there's no way to solve the QB issue except via the draft.

If the right guy is there they should take him; but don't panic and pick an inferior player based on "need" (see: JP Losman, Aaron Maybin, etc.)

He plays at ND just in case you didnt notice. He's played in snow, wind, ice, rain. He'd do just fine up here. Just because he was born in Cali doesnt mean hes always played in sunshine.

Oh.

Really?

Doe Oaks Christian High School in Westlake Village, California play a lot of road games in winter-like weather? Or does it get just incredibly icy and snowy in Palo Alto, the LA Coliseum, or Hawaii - which are the ONLY locales Clausen has played after MID-NOVEMBER as ND's starting QB? :D

Best check your facts, then get back to me about Wanker-Punk's experience playing 'in the elements'.

No doubt Weis is gone. One of the main excuses for Charlies' shortcomings is ND's ability to compete against other programs that don't have as high of academic standards as ND's.

That argument was just thrown out the window by a Stanford team (8-4) with much higher academic standards than that of ND.

:rolleyes:

Do some internet searches about Stanford and grade inflation...

:rolleyes:

Do some internet searches about Stanford and grade inflation...

Off all people Cinci, I wouldn't expect you to throw something against the wall to see if it sticks.

My father spent his life teaching graduate level Nuclear Engineering and my sister is the Dean of a Law School. I say this so that you know that I am familiar with college admissions practices and the issues pertaining to grading in colleges and universities.

There's a large debate in academia as to what degree or even whether, grade inflation exists.

Stanford was one of the first universities to address the so-called "grade inflation" issue. Grade inflation isn't and wasn't exclusive to any school. Many people consider the concept of grade inflation to be a myth. Stanford reinstated the failing grade which they and many other universities (including Ivy League schools) had gotten rid of. Many people believe the reason that grades have gone up at the majority of schools is simply because students are much better with each new class.

My friend Bob who teaches at Stanford says that his students are much smarter, more committed, and better than they were even five years ago. You have kids these days whose parents have spent their entire lives preparing them to excel in college. SAT prep classes. ACT prep classes. Many high school kids take advanced placement classes at local colleges for college credits. Particularly in families where an elite level of education is a high value, students are more prepared today than ever before (this is analogous to the increase in athletic performance by world class athletes with each passing year).

In no universe is Notre Dame as difficult a school to be accepted to, maintain high grades in, or graduate from, than is Stanford. Stanford is at a higher level across the board than Notre Dame.

Aside from some of the Ivy League schools and West Point, Stanford is the most difficult American university to be accepted to, and graduate from. They only have about 5-6000 undergrads at any one time, about half of Notre Dame's undergraduate class.

Stanford under Harbaugh has done more with less than Weis at Notre Dame. Notre Dame has had consensus top 15 recruiting classes for the last four years.

For you to imply (and please, don't plead innocent) that there was some sort of grading scandal at Stanford or that the academic performance of their students is somehow suspect is very disappointing.