Tebow

BeastMode54

He's arguably the best college QB, and possibly college player ever, yet I don't see anything he does that's all that amazing. He's big and runs the option well, but there's rarely the option ran in the pros. He doesn't throw all that well, he's not that fast. I feel like he benefits from a great coach and surrounding team. Am I missing something here? Florida is up 24-0 and I have no idea how. I just don't see why he has been so good. Can anyone help me out? I'm not knocking him really, I just don't see it

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need someone like Tim Tebow on this team.(minus the christian stuff)

We need a WINNER.

I was checking out youtube videos of Tebow and came accross this:

If Trent had done this when Dick was here, Dick would have told him to quiet down.

I see Tebow making an immediate impact for whoever drafts him.

We need someone like Tim Tebow on this team.(minus the christian stuff)

We need a WINNER.

I was checking out youtube videos of Tebow and came accross this:

If Trent had done this when Dick was here, Dick would have told him to quiet down.

I see Tebow making an immediate impact for whoever drafts him.

I just don't see it. WHat does he do well?

He just finds a way to win every game, fights for every yard and gives up his body for the good of the team. He motivates his team mates on and off the field. After his Old Miss. loss last year he pushed his team to the National Championship game. He will put the team on his shoulders if he has to and get the job done. Tim Tebow is an amazing athlete and an amazing person.

He just finds a way to win every game, fights for every yard and gives up his body for the good of the team. He motivates his team mates on and off the field. After his Old Miss. loss last year he pushed his team to the National Championship game. He will put the team on his shoulders if he has to and get the job done. Tim Tebow is an amazing athlete and an amazing person.

I just don't see an NFL QB when I watch him play for whatever reason

I just don't see an NFL QB when I watch him play for whatever reason

You're not alone many people dont see him as one, but I do. He's just a natural born winner. Many people didnt see Vince Young being good in the NFL but this year he's proved many wrong.

I understand the passion aspect, and I like his fire. But having a lot of passion isn't gonna cut it in the NFL

He seems like the kind of player like Flutie, who just finds ways to win - esspecially with his legs.

Also, Jim Kelly personally endorsed him and I trust that a Hall of Fame QB could pick out a gem prospect from a dud most of the time.

Passion alone does NOT equal greatness.

Talent WITH passion does.

Bills fans need to understand this.

Exactly, that's he way I see it.

From ESPN on Tebow accuracy and arm: based on a scale 1-5 with 1 being the best

Accuracy 4 Flashes great touch and the ability to fit the ball into tight spots down the field but is far too inconsistent with his overall accuracy. Needs to learn to change velocities and show better touch on underneath throws. Deep ball will flutter and float too often. Footwork is erratic and accuracy suffers as a result. He frequently operates with enormous passing windows, which allow him to miss within the strike zone with no consequence. He completes a lot of passes that will throw his receiver off course, thus eliminating potential yards after catch. Many of those misses within the strike zone will either be batted down or picked off in the NFL.

Release 4 Reportedly is working with new QB coach to get the ball out quicker and more over-the-top as a senior. On 2007 and 2008 film Tebow takes entirely too long getting the ball out. It will be difficult to succeed in the NFL with the elongated, three-quarter delivery that he has used the past two seasons.

Arm Strength 2 Overall arm strength is good but not elite. Gets good zip on deep out throws. Can fit the ball into tight spots in intermediate zone. Deep ball has a tendency to flutter and will get hung up in the air at times.

Also, Jim Kelly personally endorsed him and I trust that a Hall of Fame QB could pick out a gem prospect from a dud most of the time.

Yes, like we trusted Marv to turn this franchise around.

It is time for the Buffalo Bills and their fans to realize something: While it is great to remember the late 80's early 90's fondly, and honor the greats that played and coached here, they are NOT to be making football decisions for 2010 and beyond.

What experience does JK have as a talent evaluator?

You're not alone many people dont see him as one, but I do. He's just a natural born winner. Many people didnt see Vince Young being good in the NFL but this year he's proved many wrong.

I think Vince Young has a lot more natural talent than Tebow. Young might not pass well, but does a lot of things very well with his legs. He's just so damn fast. Tebow is a good college QB and can run now, I just don't see the same talent and speed as VY

What do you mean minus the Christian stuff? Correct me if I am wrong but Frank Reich did fine with the Bills. Faith has nothing to do with how someone plays football.

Actually, it has very much to do with who he is which directly affects how he goes about his life. Saying it is unimportant or could be removed with no effect is incredibly ignorant.

Matt Leinart looked pretty amazing too. It's easy to look great when you're surrounded by some of the best players in the nation.

Tim Tebow is Eric Crouch with a bigger fanbase. He'll fail miserably in the NFL as a QB. If he converts to another position he might have a career but he is NOT an NFL QB.

What do you mean minus the Christian stuff? Correct me if I am wrong but Frank Reich did fine with the Bills. Faith has nothing to do with how someone plays football.

I should have been more clear, sorry about that.

I have NO problem with anyone being a christian, but he seems to put the faith stuff in your face much more than the average athlete. Personally, it kind of offends me, but it's not then end of the world either.

I think Vince Young has a lot more natural talent than Tebow. Young might not pass well, but does a lot of things very well with his legs. He's just so damn fast. Tebow is a good college QB and can run now, I just don't see the same talent and speed as VY

He doesnt have the same speed as VY but equal if not more talent than Vince. Tebow knows how to run things while out on the field. Tebow can also throw the ball a lot better than most think he can. I've been watching this UF vs. FSU game and he's been putting the ball only where the receiver can catch it. He will be a good NFL QB.