Looking forward to the George Bush Bookmobile

I know it's like 6 years from opening but the nation's first official presidential bookmobile should be pretty cool. I mean, really, there is no need for a whole library. It certainly will easily be big enough to give proportional-sized shrines to GW's accomplishments. It could hold all of the books that GW has actually read. It could have really cool little enclaves like "The Narrow Thinking Room" that you could walk through (well, sideways). It could just go to other places and leave them a mess and just drive away. It could have little GW bobbleheads to giant Karl Rove and Dick Cheney and Richard Pearle chucky dolls. This thing is going to be awesome.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bush's favorite books range from Texas history to criticism of 1960s counterculture. According to the website of the Arizona Republic, AZCentral.com, Bush's favorite books are The Raven: A Biography of Sam Houston by Marquis James (Univ. of Texas Press); Robert J. Samuelson's The Good Life and Its Discontents: The American Dream in the Age of Entitlement (Vintage), a book that delves into the modern American psyche in regards to the "American Dream"; and The Dream and the Nightmare: The Sixties' Legacy to the Underclass by Myron Magnet (Encounter), which argues that the honorable intentions of 1960s liberals produced tragic consequences by ultimately creating today's underclass.

Bush's favorite books range from Texas history to criticism of 1960s counterculture. According to the website of the Arizona Republic, AZCentral.com, Bush's favorite books are The Raven: A Biography of Sam Houston by Marquis James (Univ. of Texas Press); Robert J. Samuelson's The Good Life and Its Discontents: The American Dream in the Age of Entitlement (Vintage), a book that delves into the modern American psyche in regards to the "American Dream"; and The Dream and the Nightmare: The Sixties' Legacy to the Underclass by Myron Magnet (Encounter), which argues that the honorable intentions of 1960s liberals produced tragic consequences by ultimately creating today's underclass.

122901[/snapback]

Were all those books in the Oprah book club?? Is there a link to that read list...or did Laura read them to him..she is a librarian

I know it's like 6 years from opening but the nation's first official presidential bookmobile should be pretty cool. I mean, really, there is no need for a whole library. It certainly will easily be big enough to give proportional-sized shrines to GW's accomplishments. It could hold all of the books that GW has actually read. It could have really cool little enclaves like "The Narrow Thinking Room" that you could walk through (well, sideways). It could just go to other places and leave them a mess and just drive away. It could have little GW bobbleheads to giant Karl Rove and Dick Cheney and Ricard Pearle chucky dolls. This thing is going to be awesome.

122873[/snapback]

Maybe we should save the taxpayers some money and use a Book-Pinto or a Book-Miata.

122901[/snapback]

Books on tape do not count!

I wonder if "My Pet Goat" will be included.

122996[/snapback]

Only if it's read upside-down.

You can go to the Clinton Library and purchase a copy of his famous "Five-pound Bible".

You know, the one he used to carry in and out of church. He had one with him on one Easter Sunday, and went back to the White House to get his "Lewinsky".

It gave new meaning to the term, "He has Risen"... :lol:

122901[/snapback]

It is nice to see that his intellectual curiosity leads him to sample the ideas of all sorts of people who reinforce what he already believes. *sigh*

I know it's like 6 years from opening but the nation's first official presidential bookmobile should be pretty cool. I mean, really, there is no need for a whole library. It certainly will easily be big enough to give proportional-sized shrines to GW's accomplishments. It could hold all of the books that GW has actually read. It could have really cool little enclaves like "The Narrow Thinking Room" that you could walk through (well, sideways). It could just go to other places and leave them a mess and just drive away. It could have little GW bobbleheads to giant Karl Rove and Dick Cheney and Richard Pearle chucky dolls. This thing is going to be awesome.

122873[/snapback]

Please tell me that in his second term, you guys are going to come up with new and better material than the standard "Bush is an idiot".

The thought of four more years of you haters recycling the same old, same old almost makes me wish Kerry had won. (Almost, that is.... :lol: )

Please tell me that in his second term, you guys are going to come up with new and better material than the standard "Bush is an idiot".

The thought of four more years of you haters recycling the same old, same old almost makes me wish Kerry had won.  (Almost, that is.... :lol: )

123223[/snapback]

Pinch yourself, you know they won't.

Oh I see it's okay for Clinton to have rich friends to buy off his library, etc...  but not Bush.  I guess that makes sense. 

123300[/snapback]

If you want to think that way go ahead.

Don't infer into what I stated.