Holmgren Out

phillyrich

No big loss. Color me less than impressed about the job he did in Seattle. Even Bills would have made the playoffs in this decade had they the fortune of playing in NFC West, yet he'd managed a consistent 9-7 track record, with an open checkbook from the owner. That should translate to 7-9 in Buffalo under Wilson.

I agree with you both on your comments. I remember back in 1999 when he was hired. He walked in to (and I am serious) a boat load of talent, talent that could just not get over the hump in the later 90's, probably due to the Broncos and Chiefs. The only position that was truly weak on that team was QB, yet Holmgren still won the division in his first year. He then sets out to dismantle, then rebuild. Quite frankly, he did not have to dismantle the roster as much as he did. Anyway, I agree with you both. Funny thing about Holgren's tenure in Seattle - outside of year one in 1999, he only made the playoffs 1 more time as both Head Coach and GM. After the GM duties were removed, the team then made the playoffs the next four years.

Guest dog14787

For all the turkeys out there,

I keep hearing Shanahan will visit this week, but its Wed. and with thanksgiving and all, I'll be surprised if the meeting takes place.