OT- 60 Cheap Places to Live

i think a requirement for an area being "cheap to live" is that both housing is affordable AND you can actually find a job there to pay the rent. Just because you can go to the East Side of buffalo and find slum housing for $200/month doesnt mean Buffalo is a affordable place to live.

You know, this is the second time that this "list" has been mentioned and linked to on this forum and neither time could I find the actual list. Does it exist? Is it the link or am I just a moron? Wait, don't answer that.

Also, can Buffalo (and all of WNY) still be considered cheap if you take into account the taxes? Seems doubtful.

i think a requirement for an area being "cheap to live" is that both housing is affordable AND you can actually find a job there to pay the rent. Just because you can go to the East Side of buffalo and find slum housing for $200/month doesnt mean Buffalo is a affordable place to live.

9291[/snapback]

That is a good point. But there are jobs in Buffalo, not as plentiful as elsewhere, but they exist. Some of the other cities on the list would be tough places to find jobs too. Beyond service related jobs.

Go Bills

The taxes in the Buffalo area are extremely high compared with many parts of the country. Housing may be cheaper, but I'm sure the taxes factor into the equation.

Below the methodology part. They break it into 6 categories. Click on those and they run through 10 locations for ech one.

Go Bills

9309[/snapback]

Thanks SF.

Holy Jeez what's with the slideshow? This is one of the least usable corporate sites that I've seen in a while.

Thanks SF.

Holy Jeez what's with the slideshow? This is one of the least usable corporate sites that I've seen in a while.

9314[/snapback]

Agreed i couldn't stand it anymore and just said screw it

Thanks SF.

9314[/snapback]

Agreed- it was a pain until I realized that you can control it and fast forward through the ones that are not of interest. That said, I've been considering Boise Idaho and Bend Oregon as possible relocation sites. Those places are listed. San Francisco has to be the most overpriced city in the country and Im gettting pretty sick of it.

Go Bills

Agreed- it was a pain until I realized that you can control it and fast forward through the ones that are not of interest. That said, I've been considering Boise Idaho and Bend Oregon as possible relocation sites. Those places are listed. San Francisco has to be the most overpriced city in the country and Im gettting pretty sick of it.

Go Bills

9326[/snapback]

:D Got it!! much better thanks

Go Bills

9326[/snapback]

Good luck with the relocation but don't take too much stock in this list. The first list I clicked on recommended the Troy-Schenctady area! I've been to Troy and Schenectady and won't be relocating there any time soon.

Apologies to anyone from that area that I may have just pissed off :D

Good luck with the relocation but don't take too much stock in this list. The first list I clicked on recommended the Troy-Schenctady area! I've been to Troy and Schenectady and won't be relocating there any time soon.

Apologies to anyone from that area that I may have just pissed off  :D

9337[/snapback]

I flew into Boise on the way to Sun Valley and it looked pretty nice. Landlocked, but surrounded by mountains which makes up for it.

Go Bills