Should have let them score...

sharper802

There is no reason to watch anymore. The coaching staff routinely puts them in position to fail. How do you not call time out before the 2 min warning and save time on the clock. Why not just let them score and try to stop the 2 point conversion leaving time on the clock for a game winning or tying FG? Why spike the ball on the last drive instead of using the time out. Why don't the Bills blitz and pressure the other teams QB the way Jax did on the last drive. Hopeless.

I'm done. No Sunday Ticket next year. I am just going to watch college FB.

Why not try to prevent a TD? Please explain letting a team score while you are protecting a 5 point lead late in a game?

End the game with a first down? WTF are you talking about. They still had to score. It seemed pretty obvious to me they had a good chance of scoring given the way our D has played in the 4th qtr of other games and how the drive was going to that point.

My god, man...are you really that thick, or are you just pretending??? Let me explain it to you really s-l-o-w, and I promise not to use big words.

If you burn all your timeouts before the Jags reach first and goal then IF they get a first down after you use up all your time outs, they can run the clock down. If they score then, you have no time to do anything.

If you wait until the Jags reach 1st and goal, then you can burn all your time outs because only two things will happen: 1) The Jags score a TD, or 2) The Jags turn it over on downs. Either way the Bills get the ball back with a minute left only needing a FG to win or tie.

Let's following along, shall we?

1st and goal...Bills call time out with 1:12 left

2nd and goal...Bills call time out with 1:08 left

3rd and goal...Jax scores. Bills get the ball with 1:04 and one timeout left. Enough time to get a FG.

The worst case scenario was Jax scoring on 4th down and the Bills would burn their last time out but would have 1:00 left. But if a genius like you were managing the clock, the Bills would have burned all their time outs before the two-minute warning and Jax would have scored with 10 seconds left.

If you are going to criticize Bills coaching, have the courtesy of knowing what you are talking about.

PTR

Great summation PTR. The Bills had plenty of time. Time was not the problem. They had 4 plays to make an additional 10 yards they would have needed to try a winning filed goal and could not do it. 1 minute left, 2 minutes left - does not matter.

My god, man...are you really that thick, or are you just pretending??? Let me explain it to you really s-l-o-w, and I promise not to use big words.

If you burn all your timeouts before the Jags reach first and goal then IF they get a first down after you use up all your time outs, they can run the clock down. If they score then, you have no time to do anything.

If you wait until the Jags reach 1st and goal, then you can burn all your time outs because only two things will happen: 1) The Jags score a TD, or 2) The Jags turn it over on downs. Either way the Bills get the ball back with a minute left only needing a FG to win or tie.

Let's following along, shall we?

1st and goal...Bills call time out with 1:12 left

2nd and goal...Bills call time out with 1:08 left

3rd and goal...Jax scores. Bills get the ball with 1:04 and one timeout left. Enough time to get a FG.

The worst case scenario was Jax scoring on 4th down and the Bills would burn their last time out but would have 1:00 left. But if a genius like you were managing the clock, the Bills would have burned all their time outs before the two-minute warning and Jax would have scored with 10 seconds left.

If you are going to criticize Bills coaching, have the courtesy of knowing what you are talking about.

PTR

Stop. Thoughtful analysis and reasoning are not allowed on this board..

The real issue with clock management in this game was at the end of the first half. The Bills got a first and goal with about 25 seconds left on the clock. I have no idea why they didn't call a timeout, take 2 or 3 shots to the endzone, and then kick the field goal on 4th down if they don't score. Instead they decided to not hurry to the line, waste almost all their time, run the ball, call a time out, and kick a field goal anyway. That was pathetic. :lol:

The real issue with clock management in this game was at the end of the first half. The Bills got a first and goal with about 25 seconds left on the clock. I have no idea why they didn't call a timeout, take 2 or 3 shots to the endzone, and then kick the field goal on 4th down if they don't score. Instead they decided to not hurry to the line, waste almost all their time, run the ball, call a time out, and kick a field goal anyway. That was pathetic. :lol:

Agreed that was a cluster---k. Was that Fewell, AVP, Fitz, all of the above? I could swear the Bills had 2 to's remaining at the half. I fully expected 2-3 shots to the end zone before kicking the FG, which they were lucky to get. Can anyone confirm how many to's the Bills had left?

PTR

Agreed that was a cluster---k. Was that Fewell, AVP, Fitz, all of the above? I could swear the Bills had 2 to's remaining at the half. I fully expected 2-3 shots to the end zone before kicking the FG, which they were lucky to get. Can anyone confirm how many to's the Bills had left?

PTR

From what I remember, they used their last timeout with 0:01 on the clock in order to kick the field goal. They definitely didn't have 2 left, and I'm 95% sure they didn't have 1 left either.

From what I remember, they used their last timeout with 0:01 on the clock in order to kick the field goal. They definitely didn't have 2 left, and I'm 95% sure they didn't have 1 left either.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?g...30&period=2

It's the play by play. The Bills used all 3 like I thought.

Thank you. I did not realize the Bills burned a time out in the 1Q. That said, it would have made more sense to a) spike the ball or b) call the time out with 20-some seconds left. At least take one or two shots at the end zone. My guess is they though they could catch Jax sleeping on that run play. Too bad the didn't realize how close they were for time.

PTR

There is no reason to watch anymore. The coaching staff routinely puts them in position to fail. How do you not call time out before the 2 min warning and save time on the clock. Why not just let them score and try to stop the 2 point conversion leaving time on the clock for a game winning or tying FG? Why spike the ball on the last drive instead of using the time out. Why don't the Bills blitz and pressure the other teams QB the way Jax did on the last drive. Hopeless.

I'm done. No Sunday Ticket next year. I am just going to watch college FB.

Have fun with that...

...but you know, as the rest of us do, you will be right back here when we sign a GM/Coach, have a good draft and bring in a couple decent free agent pickups.

So, see ya in April :lol:

Thank you. I did not realize the Bills burned a time out in the 1Q. That said, it would have made more sense to a) spike the ball or b) call the time out with 20-some seconds left. At least take one or two shots at the end zone. My guess is they though they could catch Jax sleeping on that run play. Too bad the didn't realize how close they were for time.

PTR

Yeah, not taking the TO there was really bad. They were close enough in that any pass plays would be going to the end zone, so they could've taken at least two shots before settling for the field goal, maybe even 3 and kick on fourth down. Those are the kinds of missed opportunities that kill you.