Swift Boat Vets expose Kerry as a coward

...but for how he is reacting today!

Swiftboat veterans expose something new

...But last Thursday, John Kerry gave the vets the legitimacy they were looking for by acknowledging them, beginning to call them names and claiming they were dishonest. This is where I believe the "Swiftees" have done us all a favor in exposing John Kerry.

They exposed him and his lack of leadership skills in how he handles a crisis.

And what we are beginning to see is ugly.

His party threatens to sue television stations carrying the ads. Then they shift to apply pressure to Regnery Publishers to recall their book "Unfit for Command." Then they go after bookstores which were selling it. Then they label all swiftboat vets liars and go on television to try to debate the guys. (And for what it's worth Kerry's surrogate – John Hurley – has looked absolutely pathetic.)

Then, out of desperation, Kerry begins trying to secretly arrange meetings with the swiftboat vets – which they only expose him on. And when all of these attempts make no impact, he sends goons to Crawford, Texas, to protest outside Bush's private residence.

They were delivering a letter that sounded like a piglet which had finally been caught in the County Fair "pig grab" rather than a serious complaint in this political season.

"The crying, the whining, the moaning – oh my."

And that's when it began to hit me like a ton of bricks.

John Kerry is so afraid of conflict, of criticism, of anyone who disagrees with him or points out his inaccuracies, he would never survive six months in face of the genuine problems he would have to deal with in the White House.

I can just see it. Every single time there is a negative press report out about him – "President Kerry" would feel compelled to go on every single cable TV talk show to "denounce the smears."

Anybody remember how President Bush responded when groups spent $65 million dollars morphing him into Adolph Hitler?

So, I ask you to fill in the blank:

"From watching John Kerry handle the campaign crisis posed by the controversy of the swiftboat vets, __________ is what I have learned about John Kerry's leadership."

Knowing that the presidency is not something where one can survive long with ultra-thin skin, I want to know what voter's impressions are on how you believe John Kerry would react in face of a true crisis.

Listeners to my radio show seem to believe Kerry had a resemblance to a 3-year-old toddler who – though he wanted to be the tough guy in the room – was likely to be the first one to run for mommy's skirts should another kid look at him funny.

I believe that this is an outstanding analysis of exactly how he responds.

Remember Iowa – Kerry is Mr. Bravado: "BRING IT ON!"

Remember Illinois – Kerry is Mr. Stealth: "These guys are the biggest bunch of liars ..."

Remember Boston – Kerry is Mr. Soldier: "Reporting for duty ..."

All of those occurred when his world was looking up – no crisis – no real challenge.

Remember last Thursday – Kerry turns into Mr. Crybaby: "Tell them to stop picking on me ..."

All the debate about what happened in Vietnam aside, the Swift Boat Vets have exposed the fact that, in a crisis, Mr. "Bring it On" is really Lt. Clueless, Junior Grade.

And realizing what the mullahs in Iran or the dictator in North Korea wish to do to us, America does not need a child who plays victim "Reporting for duty."

Cleland, a goon?  :D

9289[/snapback]

Main Entry: goon

Pronunciation: 'gün

Function: noun

Etymology: probably short for English dialect gooney (simpleton)

1 : a stupid person

2 : a man hired to terrorize or eliminate opponents

Let's see, does Cleland fall under the first definition? He did pick up his own live grenade? I say yes. Does he fall under the second definition? He was sent to Crawford to supposedly 'terrorize' the opposition into accepting his 'letter' in order that they be portrayed as big meanies.

Come on Dex, keep up, or can one only be a goon if one has all their limbs?

Main Entry: goon

Pronunciation: 'gün

Function: noun

Etymology: probably short for English dialect gooney (simpleton)

1 : a stupid person

2 : a man hired to terrorize or eliminate opponents

Let's see, does Cleland fall under the first definition? He did pick up his own live grenade? I say yes. Does he fall under the second definition? He was sent to Crawford to supposedly 'terrorize' the opposition into accepting his 'letter' in order that they be portrayed as big meanies.

Come on Dex, keep up, or can one only be a goon if one has all their limbs?

9310[/snapback]

Usage, Gavin, usage. It's pretty clear from the context that the writer meant "goon" as in the second definition, not the first. And if he honestly thinks a one-limbed wheelchair-bound letter carrier is going to "terrorize" or "eliminate" anyone...who's he kidding? I'm sure the mere sight of Cleland immediately put Bush into a state of overwhelming, apoplexic horror.

I think its completely fair to characterize Cleland as a goon. Maybe not literally, but figuratively, Cleland's goal was to "terrorize", running down to TX, screaming and yelling, pounding on the door of GW's ranch with press in tow, his intentions were pretty clear.

I think its completely fair to characterize Cleland as a goon. Maybe not literally, but figuratively, Cleland's goal was to "terrorize", running down to TX, screaming and yelling, pounding on the door of GW's ranch with press in tow, his intentions were pretty clear.

9367[/snapback]

A "figurative goon"? :D:D:lol:

I'll bet Cleland would love to be able to "run" down to TX and "pound" on GW's door...

I endured great mental suffering and pain to watch Deborah Norville single handedly try to rehabilitate John Kerry on her show last night. Every question she asked of Thurlow and Gardner was in the vain of -- I know you're lying about Kerry so why don't you admit it. She actually had the gall to ask one of the vets (Gardner) if he was willing to apologize to all of the Vietnam veterans for dragging this issue back to the forefront and forcing them to relive the bad feelings of the era. :D

I endured great mental suffering and pain to watch Deborah Norville single handedly try to rehabilitate John Kerry on her show last night.  Every question she asked of Thurlow and Gardner was in the vain of -- I know you're lying about Kerry so why don't you admit it.  She actually had the gall to ask one of the vets (Gardner) if he was willing to apologize to all of the Vietnam veterans for dragging this issue back to the forefront and forcing them to relive the bad feelings of the era.  :D

9419[/snapback]

Deborah Norville = RJ

I endured great mental suffering and pain to watch Deborah Norville single handedly try to rehabilitate John Kerry on her show last night.  Every question she asked of Thurlow and Gardner was in the vain of -- I know you're lying about Kerry so why don't you admit it.  She actually had the gall to ask one of the vets (Gardner) if he was willing to apologize to all of the Vietnam veterans for dragging this issue back to the forefront and forcing them to relive the bad feelings of the era.  :D

9419[/snapback]

Wish I'd seen that. Something I ate last night didn't agree with me, and I could have used the emetic.

9419[/snapback]

Have you seen Hardball lately? Chris Matthews' act is making Fox's "Fair and Balanced" slogan seem real.

I think Buchanan brought up Kerry's Christmas in Cambodia story and Matthews' response was literally: "I don't care!!!!"

Ann Coulter of all people summed up Hardball perfectly.

Matthews: "Kerry is a war hero."

Guest: "But questions remain about his time in Vietna---"

Mattews: "HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT ABOUT A WAR HERO LIKE JOHN KERRY?!"

I've always assumed that the appearance fee on his show is very high. It's hard to think that without the coin, people would just say "SHUT UP. You asked a question, I want to answer that question, so keep your trap shut and listen to my answer. If you interrupt me again, you WILL be B word-slapped".

It's an incredibly phony show - prime-time Jerry Springer, a ratings whore...

Have you seen Hardball lately? Chris Matthews' act is making Fox's "Fair and Balanced" slogan seem real.

I enjoyed Matthews leading up to the election in 2000, and loved the SNL skit they did on him. He seemed to be pretty fair and balanced at the time. I can't even bear to watch his show now. He has become a partisan hack, barely more tolerable than Begala and Carville.

I enjoyed Matthews leading up to the election in 2000, and loved the SNL skit they did on him.  He seemed to be pretty fair and balanced at the time.  I can't even bear to watch his show now.  He has become a partisan hack, barely more tolerable than Begala and Carville.

9492[/snapback]

I agree, Matthews seemed to be a lot more "fair" back in the day. Now it's like the DNC caught him in a hotel room with a dead hooker and blood all over his hands. Sad to see.

It's an incredibly phony show - prime-time Jerry Springer, a ratings whore...

In his case, the ratings aren't growing (btw - how pathetic is CNN :D ):

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2.0 [RATING]

FOXNEWS HANNTIY/COLMES 1.8

FOXNEWS GRETA 1.6

FOXNEWS BRIT HUME 1.3

FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 1.3 MSNBC OLBERMAN 0.6

MSNBC NORVILLE 0.6

MSNBC HARDBALL 0.6

MSNBC SCARBOROUGH 0.6

CNN LARRY KING .5

CNN AARON BROWN 0.5

CNN PAULA ZAHN 0.5

CNBC DENNIS MILLER 0.1

CNBC MCENROE 0.1

Botton line:

John Kerry chose to go into battle and risk his life for his country.

Bush chose not to go into battle and save his skinny a$$.

I respect John Kerry far more.

9609[/snapback]

Bottom line: four months in Vietnam does not qualified Kerry to be Commander in Chief of the United States of America. Nineteen years in the Senate does...if you happened to have shown up enough times.

I respect John Kerry for going to war. Beyond that...crickets.

He was still acting like a bombastic, grandstanding !@#$ this week at the behest of FrankenKerry.

9442[/snapback]

Therein lies the difference in our opinion. He struck me little more than a shill.

Really...using a disabled vet to deliver hate mal, all to take the focus off the mail and on to the treatment of the disabled vet (who is of COURSE going to be turned away, given what he's there for). Now, had Kerry's campaign had the creativity to ask John McCain deliver the letter...fellow Republican, fellow AF pilot, former POW who actually saw service...THAT would have been the smart. (Even money says McCain would have done it, too.) Instead, what do we get from them? "Hey, let's put the cripple on display!"

!@#$ing boxing epileptic monkeys. Someone wake me up when it's December - no, February. I don't want to be awake for the post-election lawsuits, either.

Botton line:

John Kerry chose to go into battle and risk his life for his country.

Bush chose not to go into battle and save his skinny a$$.

I respect John Kerry far more.

If it were that simple, Kerry wouldn't be having the problems he has now. If Kerry were a humble war veteran (the way 99.9% are) who blushed when others talked of his medals, who saw the real heroes as those who served with/under him rather than himself, and preferred to talk about today rather than 35 years ago, he would have a 10-point lead right now. But his self-righteous arrogance has landed him in a position where the Swifities wanted to and could damage his campaign.

!@#$ing boxing epileptic monkeys.  Someone wake me up when it's December - no, February.  I don't want to be awake for the post-election lawsuits, either.

9649[/snapback]

Don't worry, at this point it doesn't look close. I don't think there are going to be any lawsuits, except maybe Kerry geting sued by the SBV's.

If Kerry were a humble war veteran (the way 99.9% are) who blushed when others talked of his medals, who saw the real heroes as those who served with/under him rather than himself, and preferred to talk about today rather than 35 years ago, he would have a 10-point lead right now.

From a strategic standpoint, I have to agree. I don't know that he'd have a 10-point lead, but he'd have momentum right now off being ahead in the polls similar to the momentum he got from surprising everyone in the primaries.THAT kind of momentum is very contagious within the American Idol crowd with Hot Pocket mentality.

You get them thinking Kerry is ahead...pepper in a bit about how the first Bush lost reelection because of the economy despite unprecendented popularity from the Gulf War, and how never in the history of the world has a president AND his son BOTH lost a reelection campaign, and WHAMMO...victory Kerry. You have to appeal to the Hot Pockets TV Guide mentality, and if you do it right it would be like watching a reality show for these folks. Kerry would win it in a walk.

Unfortunately, for a guy out to help those who can't help themselves, he sure sucks at communicating with them.

From a strategic standpoint, I have to agree. I don't know that he'd have a 10-point lead, but he'd have momentum right now off being ahead in the polls similar to the momentum he got from surprising everyone in the primaries.THAT kind of momentum is very contagious within the American Idol crowd with Hot Pocket mentality.

You get them thinking Kerry is ahead...pepper in a bit about how the first Bush lost reelection because of the economy despite unprecendented popularity from the Gulf War, and how never in the history of the world has a president AND his son BOTH lost a reelection campaign, and WHAMMO...victory Kerry. You have to appeal to the Hot Pockets TV Guide mentality, and if you do it right it would be like watching a reality show for these folks. Kerry would win it in a walk.

Unfortunately, for a guy out to help those who can't help themselves, he sure sucks at communicating with them.

9741[/snapback]

Don't worry, he might be "drawering" up a new plan as we speak.

...But last Thursday, John Kerry gave the vets the legitimacy they were looking for by acknowledging them, beginning to call them names and claiming they were dishonest. This is where I believe the "Swiftees" have done us all a favor in exposing John Kerry.

His party threatens to sue television stations carrying the ads. Then they shift to apply pressure to Regnery Publishers to recall their book "Unfit for Command." Then they go after bookstores which were selling it. Then they label all swiftboat vets liars and go on television to try to debate the guys. (And for what it's worth Kerry's surrogate – John Hurley – has looked absolutely pathetic.)

Then, out of desperation, Kerry begins trying to secretly arrange meetings with the swiftboat vets – which they only expose him on. And when all of these attempts make no impact, he sends goons to Crawford, Texas, to protest outside Bush's private residence.

They were delivering a letter that sounded like a piglet which had finally been caught in the County Fair "pig grab" rather than a serious complaint in this political season.

John Kerry is so afraid of conflict, of criticism, of anyone who disagrees with him or points out his inaccuracies, he would never survive six months in face of the genuine problems he would have to deal with in the White House.

I can just see it. Every single time there is a negative press report out about him – "President Kerry" would feel compelled to go on every single cable TV talk show to "denounce the smears."

Anybody remember how President Bush responded when groups spent $65 million dollars morphing him into Adolph Hitler?

"From watching John Kerry handle the campaign crisis posed by the controversy of the swiftboat vets, __________ is what I have learned about John Kerry's leadership."

Knowing that the presidency is not something where one can survive long with ultra-thin skin, I want to know what voter's impressions are on how you believe John Kerry would react in face of a true crisis.

Listeners to my radio show seem to believe Kerry had a resemblance to a 3-year-old toddler who – though he wanted to be the tough guy in the room – was likely to be the first one to run for mommy's skirts should another kid look at him funny.

Remember Illinois – Kerry is Mr. Stealth: "These guys are the biggest bunch of liars ..."

All of those occurred when his world was looking up – no crisis – no real challenge.

Remember last Thursday – Kerry turns into Mr. Crybaby: "Tell them to stop picking on me ..."

All the debate about what happened in Vietnam aside, the Swift Boat Vets have exposed the fact that, in a crisis, Mr. "Bring it On" is really Lt. Clueless, Junior Grade.

And realizing what the mullahs in Iran or the dictator in North Korea wish to do to us, America does not need a child who plays victim "Reporting for duty."

9258[/snapback]

Three words in reply, where was George?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

I think BUSH is afraid of conflict, of criticism, of anyone who disagrees with him or points out his inaccuracies. THAT'S WHY he puts up this stone wall in Guantanamo, in the Energy Meeting records, and says NOTHING while Iraq went to hell in a handbasket. A professor from UVA today put it into words so well- he just DOESN'T ADMIT HE'S DONE ANYTHING WRONG.

THAT'S what makes him so frustrating... what good is leadership when you don't take criticism? That's not leadership, that's dictatorship.

WE should have had McCain... that's my slogan for 2004.

I think BUSH is afraid of conflict, of criticism, of anyone who disagrees with him or points out his inaccuracies. THAT'S WHY he puts up this stone wall in Guantanamo, in the Energy Meeting records, and says NOTHING while Iraq went to hell in a handbasket. A professor from UVA today put it into words so well- he just DOESN'T ADMIT HE'S DONE ANYTHING WRONG.

THAT'S what makes him so frustrating... what good is leadership when you don't take criticism? That's not leadership, that's dictatorship.

WE should have had McCain... that's my slogan for 2004.

10179[/snapback]

Who said Iraq's gone to hell?

I think Iraq's come OUT OF hell.

You're a singleminded simpleton if you believe ANYBODY could have handled the situation better. And I'm not voiting for Bush, so don't give me the same lame Democratic response, OK?

9258[/snapback]

Where does it say Kerry sent Cleland to Crawford????

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Who said Iraq's gone to hell?

I think Iraq's come OUT OF hell.

You're a singleminded simpleton if you believe ANYBODY could have handled the situation better. And I'm not voiting for Bush, so don't give me the same lame Democratic response, OK?

10237[/snapback]

No, you are wrong. A LOT of people could have handled the situation better, BY NOT GOING TO WAR THERE in the first place. The Afghanistan job was NEVER completed before we went jaunting off into Iraq on a wild goose chase.

Believe me, the hell in Iraq is in its initial stages... democracy will not last in the region, history says it will be so. I have no proof of course, but in the end, I'm willing to state it now until I am blue in the face because it's inevitable unless we plan on staying there forever. How many men did we lose AFTER the war as compared to DURING the war? If that's not hell for the recent past for the U.S. military, I don't know what is...getting bombed by people who aren't in uniform, and who strike whenever and wherever.

Iraq does NOT equal 9/11.

Believe me, the hell in Iraq is in its initial stages... democracy will not last in the region, history says it will be so.

10286[/snapback]

Oh it does, does it? Well, by your accounting, Democracy will never last in Russia, Germany or Japan where it hadn't existed until the last century, either.

Unless you're a blatant racist that thinks Arabs are incapable of democratic life.