Buying a new disgital camera

tmk-nj

It is time for a new digital camera and I am looking for a nice camera for a decent price.

Anyone a so called "expert" on digital cameras?

My wife saw that QVC has a special deal for today and was wondering if that is a good camera or is there someting better out there!

Link to QVC deal: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/...SV-_-HP-_-IMAGE

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Tom

I bought a CANON A-610 a couple of years ago and it's Great! It's been problem free, takes great pictures, and gets used quite a lot. It fits in the palm of your hand, lens adjusts in/out and is more than adequate for most pictures.

No doubt, considering the time since I bought mine, it's been improved and maybe the Model Number has been bumped up a couple of numbers but I would I suggest you take a look at the CANON products.

You can find them on-line. I bought mine from Abe's of Maine. Can't remember if I paid shipping but it was tax free.

Check the camera discounters against QVC before you make a decision-Good luck!

Be VERY careful with camera discounters. The vast majority are scams.

They are scam artists. They lure you in with a ridiculously low price then use high pressure tactics trying to sell you more products to get your bill higher. I am a great negotiator and would call and say "I only want the camera body-nothing else- and don't try and sell me anything else" and no one would honor that price. I agree that Amazon is the way to go. 47th Street Photo is good too

What do all you guys think of the QVC deal for today. Seems like a good one with all the stuff they throw in. Is it good or should I be concerned about QVC??

It is time for a new digital camera and I am looking for a nice camera for a decent price.

Anyone a so called "expert" on digital cameras?

My wife saw that QVC has a special deal for today and was wondering if that is a good camera or is there someting better out there!

Link to QVC deal: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/...SV-_-HP-_-IMAGE

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Tom

What do all you guys think of the QVC deal for today. Seems like a good one with all the stuff they throw in. Is it good or should I be concerned about QVC??

It's decent, but the lenses are on the low side, meaning you'd want another longer zoom lens. Also the memory card is on the small side for a 12mp camera, you'd want to pick up a 4gig card for that camera.

You really have to specify what you're looking for in a camera. There's tons of different kinds -- compact point and shoot, regular point and shoot, advanced point and shoot, dSLR, etc. Do you want it to take snapshots? Do you want to make nice photographs? Is portability really important? Etc, etc, etc.