now that dick and the glove wearing mary are out

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

brandon, modrak, guy. might as well take the rest of the trash to the curb. clean this house

More than anyone else the biggest failure in this organization is John Guy. Just look at some of the bigger busts who has been signed as free agents during his reign of error:

Matt Bowen

Derrick Dockery

Melvin Fowler

Kelly Holcomb

Craig Nall

Tutan Reyes

Robert Royal

Trey Teague

Larry Tripplett

Langston Walker

Jason Whittle

Just look at all the bad offensive linemen we signed with Guy as the guy.

More than anyone else the biggest failure in this organization is John Guy. Just look at some of the bigger busts who has been signed as free agents during his reign of error:

Matt Bowen

Derrick Dockery

Melvin Fowler

Kelly Holcomb

Craig Nall

Tutan Reyes

Robert Royal

Trey Teague

Larry Tripplett

Langston Walker

Jason Whittle

Langston did a good job here.

For the rest, you are right, a disaster

John Guy is the next to go for sure.

My guess is Modrak won't be fired, he'll leave as a "mutual agreement" type of thing.

A scout or two will go, for good measure.

Now as players go, don't get too hyped but most of our current roster will stay.

Why? You can only afford so many cut's/trades each year. So expect about 5 players

to get outright release and replaced with FA, and the next 7 to be replaced via the draft.

That's about a 1/4 of our roster this offseason, and total of 1/2 the year after.

John Guy is the next to go for sure.

My guess is Modrak won't be fired, he'll leave as a "mutual agreement" type of thing.

A scout or two will go, for good measure.

Now as players go, don't get too hyped but most of our current roster will stay.

Why? You can only afford so many cut's/trades each year. So expect about 5 players

to get outright release and replaced with FA, and the next 7 to be replaced via the draft.

That's about a 1/4 of our roster this offseason, and total of 1/2 the year after.

When Parcells took over in Miami he cut over half the roster going into his first year. I would guess much of the same will happen in Buffalo with a new coach and new front officer leadership. I am guessing at the least there will be 20 to 25 gone from this team next year.

Matt Bowen

Derrick Dockery

Melvin Fowler

Kelly Holcomb

Craig Nall

Tutan Reyes

Robert Royal

Trey Teague

Larry Tripplett

Langston Walker

Jason Whittle

That is quite the list of suck. :lol: John Geeeeeeeeee... you are ordered to take your office belongings to the corner of Southwestern and Abbott and burn them................. that is all. :lol:

brandon, modrak, guy. might as well take the rest of the trash to the curb. clean this house

Brandon has just been doing his job. If you believe Brandon is REALLY a GM, I've got some ocean front property in Louisiana for ya, on the cheap, too!!

Brandon is great at Marketing, no reason he should go anywhere...

Guest dog14787
Brandon has just been doing his job. If you believe Brandon is REALLY a GM, I've got some ocean front property in Louisiana for ya, on the cheap, too!!

Brandon is great at Marketing, no reason he should go anywhere...

Considering how well T.O. has turned out , we lost a home game to Toronto and the only way for RW to fix things now is to go deeply in the hole eating DJ's contract.

I would much rather be marketing our team by putting a good product on the field then Russ Brandons idea of good marketing.

Brandon needs to be kicked to the curb like DJ :lol:

When Parcells took over in Miami he cut over half the roster going into his first year. I would guess much of the same will happen in Buffalo with a new coach and new front officer leadership. I am guessing at the least there will be 20 to 25 gone from this team next year.

Problem is cap ramifications and how cuts this year can handcuff you

next year.

Considering how well T.O. has turned out , we lost a home game to Toronto and the only way for RW to fix things now is to go deeply in the hole eating DJ's contract.

I would much rather be marketing our team by putting a good product on the field then Russ Brandons idea of good marketing.

Well, that home game in Toronto is keeping YOUR team in YOUR town, so you should be thankful.

And TO not working out is because of your hero Trent Edwards, not because of TO.

RW eating DJ's contract has nothing to do with Brandon. Frankly, I don't even know WTF you're talking about..... at all.

Do you??

Russ may not be all that as a football GM, but as a marketing GM you would be hard pressed to find better.

Should he ever leave the Bills, 100% a big market team would gobble him up. Before you could blink.

Great marketing mind.

who else needs to go... let's see... Modrak, Geeeeeeeeeeee, how about James Overdork?

:lol:

Would it really hurt to kick Chuck Lester to the curb... or was he dating Ralph's daughter at one time and he squealed to Ralphie about Polian's comments and this set the stage for the ****storm that the franchise has yet to recover from.

won't even bother mentioning the rest of the coaching staff cuz most likely a majority of them will be packing their bags.

How about flushing out most of the player personnel dept. and elevating Buddy Nix to a bigger role in the scouting dept.? Or have Nix work in tandem with a top-notch scouting guru that the two of them can oversee the dept. and bring in their own scouts, or retain ones already there that Nix thinks are doing a good job.

Hmmm, how about new hires in the "strength and conditioning" dept.

The "Media Relations" dept. could use an overhaul. Scott Baghdad Bob Berchtold could use a change of scenery... "WE KNOW NUTTTTING NUTTTTTING!!!! ONEZ MORE QUESSSCHUNN..........ZISSSS INTERVIEWWW IS OVERRR!!!" Berchtold would be one hell of a FEMA kamp director.

Well, that home game in Toronto is keeping YOUR team in YOUR town, so you should be thankful.

And TO not working out is because of your hero Trent Edwards, not because of TO.

RW eating DJ's contract has nothing to do with Brandon. Frankly, I don't even know WTF you're talking about..... at all.

Do you??

I disagree, at least in part, with the bolded text. Edwards' poor play is merely one of several factors in why T.O. hasn't worked out. Another is the offensive line, and its failure to pass protect. (Especially from the tackle positions.) A third factor is T.O. himself. He drops far too many passes. A fourth factor--and one that's in the process of being fixed--is the coaching staff. If you let a guy like T.O. miss Friday practices, it's going to be tougher for he and the quarterback to be on the same page on Sundays.

I disagree, at least in part, with the bolded text. Edwards' poor play is merely one of several factors in why T.O. hasn't worked out. Another is the offensive line, and its failure to pass protect. (Especially from the tackle positions.) A third factor is T.O. himself. He drops far too many passes. A fourth factor--and one that's in the process of being fixed--is the coaching staff. If you let a guy like T.O. miss Friday practices, it's going to be tougher for he and the quarterback to be on the same page on Sundays.

That would be fair.

I would like to point out, however, that none of this is Brandon's fault, and I stand by my opinion that Brandon (if he had anything to do with TO coming here, which I don't really think he did) should not be blamed for anything in the above.

That would be fair.

I would like to point out, however, that none of this is Brandon's fault, and I stand by my opinion that Brandon (if he had anything to do with TO coming here, which I don't really think he did) should not be blamed for anything in the above.

Your approach sounds fair enough, though I suspect there may still be points of disagreement.

In the absence of hard data, it's hard to evaluate who is responsible for what, behind the scenes. Meaning that if something bad happens when Marv (for example) is the GM, was that mistake Marv's idea, or a decision someone else made that Marv passively went along with? There's little way for us, as fans, to know the answers to those kinds of questions. So all we can do is say, "X mistake happened on Marv's watch," "Y mistake happened on Brandon's watch," etc.

The decision to trade away Peters may or may not have been reasonable, based on his attitude, his willingness to play to his potential, and what we got in return. The problem wasn't necessarily the Peters trade per se, but the lack of a viable replacement plan. Plan A seems to have been to move Walker to LT; a position for which most fans could see he was manifestly unsuited. That fact also seems to have dawned on the Bills' front office a couple weeks before the season started; resulting in Walker's release. Plan B was to go with Bell, who has embarrassed himself, and endangered his quarterback, with his putrid play at the LT position.

The trading away of Peters--and the absence of a viable replacement plan--happened on Brandon's watch. I don't know how much input Brandon had into the decisions that led to that result. A number of positive things have also happened on his watch, such as the drafting of Levitre, Wood, Byrd, and Nelson, and the extension of McGee. Either Brandon is in charge, in which case he deserves credit for the good, and blame for the bad, things which have happened on his watch. Or he isn't in charge, in which case he deserves neither credit nor blame.

But to return to my main point: the LT debacle happened while Brandon was in charge; and that catastrophe is one of the four reasons I'd mentioned earlier for T.O.'s lack of success.