QB class of 2007

Albany,n.y.

Based on a Rob Johnson type 1 game showcase, it looks like the only hope for success, after this week's benchings of Russell & Trent, is Kevin Kolb. Here is the QB draft class of 2007 *-already cut by the team that drafted him

1st rd: Russell, Quinn

2nd rd: Kolb, Beck*, Stanton

3rd rd: Edwards

4th rd: Stanback (WR)*

5th rd: Rowe*, Smith

6th rd: J. Palmer*

7th rd: Thigpen*

Based on a Rob Johnson type 1 game showcase, it looks like the only hope for success, after this week's benchings of Russell & Trent, is Kevin Kolb. Here is the QB draft class of 2007 *-already cut by the team that drafted him

Stanback played almost every offensive snap for us against the colts last week after we elevated him from the ps and had a few catches.

Ouch. That is an ugly list.

Russell is still in the league only because the Raiders aren't ready to deal with the embarrassment of drafting him. Quinn and Edwards are close to being done with their respective teams -- I could see both hanging around as 2d or 3d stringers.

And yet every year we get posters who swear up and down that (insert name here) is a future franchise QB and hall of famer. :doh:

PTR

Personally, I've never been a big fan of (insert name here). Too injury prone, lacks a big arm, and can't lead.

Carson's kid brother, Jordan, is a physical specimen with a fine release and a powerful arm - but has shown almost zero pocket presence.

He's likely CIN's #3 because of the bloodline. And if you end up having to send a #3 in, your #1 and #2 got killed. If you are on the short end of the score - well...

Personally, I wouldn't waste a spot, carrying a third QB on the 53-man roster, even with them not counting on the game day restrictions.

Even at the time that list was terrible...obviously hindsight is 20/20 but:

- Russell was a joke from the start. He shot up draft boards after the Sugar Bowl when he torched an ND defense that stood no chance against LSU's speed...it was like watching Culpepper just throw it up to Moss in Minny. From the start of his career to the end he was an inaccurate passer. Plus people were enamored with his size, but he was never a Vick athlete. He battled weight problems almost immediately in the NFL.

- Quinn, I loved obviously coming from ND, but I never thought he'd be a super star. His ceiling was low and his weaknesses at ND were covered by some ridiculous WRs and TEs we had. Of course, I never thought he'd be this bad. I definitely saw him as having a chance to carve out a nice solid career ala Chad Pennington or maybe as high as Hasselbeck.

- Stanton was a guy I thought had a shot to succeed. I watched a lot of him at MSU and I never thought he was used properly. I was shocked that he was never able to crack that putrid Detroit lineup.

- Judgment is reseved on Kolb. He was up and down in his relief work of McNabb this year but showed some flashes.

- Beck is an especially bright memory for Bills fans. The first half of that Miami game may be one of the most pleasurable stretches of the past decade. And that's sad...

- Trent looked like he might have it for a minute there. I don't know if it was the concussion(s) or if defenses just figured him out, but his ship sunk even faster than Losman's. I'd have to believe that he may be shot out for good...

- The rest were athletes and long shots.

Agreed that it really was a putrid year though...even more so looking at it now.