Jimmy Johnson

box0life

With all due respect, Bills fans 'dissing' Jimmie Johnson would be equal to Emperor Hirohito saying "Wow, the atom bomb was weak" after WWII. He had the Bill's number- twice.

If he was hired to beat the Bills, he was successful

If he was hired to lead the Phins to the SB, he failed.

If he was hired to beat the Bills, he was successful

If he was hired to lead the Phins to the SB, he failed.

True enough- I just found it funny that Bills fans here were suggesting he had little to do with Dallas' wins over Buffalo- it was he who brought in the talent and coached them to victory.

If memory serves, Ralph had JJ in for a chat after one of the previous firings... I think it was either post-Wade or post-Gregg.

Not a job offer by any means. Just discussing the macro-cosmic view of the franchise. Banter. One-day consultation. Seeing what's on the radar, gauging interest of people JJ talks to, finding out what other people have heard. Talk is kind of important at this stage, and any good search would mean talking to many people who are at the top of the profession. At the NFL level, it's pretty insular, and this kind of stuff happens frequently.

I would have taken Jimmy Johnson in a heartbeat at the beginning of the decade. But he's 66. He'll be 67 before the game is over. He's been out of coaching for ten years! He is not the answer. Don't forget how Joe Gibbs fared after such a long time away from the game.

highly over rated and a jackass. dallas won because of all the picks they stocked up on in the trade of walker to minnesota. and some very favorable officiating for holding and irving pushing off.

when he went to miami and didnt have those advantages all they got was worse.

+ the guy is an obnoxious jerk. and a fat little toad too

So, you were married to him at one time ? :thumbsup: