Top Coaching Candidates...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=101590

Nope, I have known who Perry Fewell was...

...but apparently Tim Graham did not...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/jauron-fired

(look at the picture and read the caption.)

Now, THAT is NOT Perry Fewell, that is your boy Demontie...

Yeah, and this is not Texas Tech HC...

Mike Leach

I know this must be a frantic day, TG, so let me help out...

Ralph/Russ - if you don't make this guy the next Bills' HC, you're not only retarded, you've blown your best opportunity to turn the Bills' offense around 180 degrees and make this team the most talked about and most entertaining franchise in the NFL.

I don't care about any coaches names until we get a real GM in here.

this is absolutely true

anything less than a complete overhaul of the clown show in the front office is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

The Bills need a real NFL caliber football guy who values a blue collar team strong in the trenches is what is needed - who will then hire an NFL caliber HC who shares the same philosophy

Yeah, and this is not Texas Tech HC...

Mike Leach

I know this must be a frantic day, TG, so let me help out...

Ralph/Russ - if you don't make this guy the next Bills' HC, you're not only retarded, you've blown your best opportunity to turn the Bills' offense around 180 degrees and make this team the most talked about and most entertaining franchise in the NFL.

If Ralph is taking advice from Donald Trump he'd end up hiring Leach. USFL killer Trump tore the U of Miami president a new one when she passed on Leach to hire Randy Shannon in-house. Trump was right on that one. Yeah, the U is better with Shannon than Larry Coker, but they still aren't even in the same hemisphere as Florida and they would be if Leach were there.

If we go the coordinator route, I really want to see him at least interviewed. He was 1 or 3 finalists for Pitts job, Whisenhut and Tomlin are currently doing great work. Maybe Grimm could be a great coach as well.

I'm not necessarily a big fan of hiring Grimm as a head coach, just because he hasn't yet been an offensive coordinator. That said, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him being given the coordinator position under whichever head coach we hire!

You can read nothing at all into the Bobby April thing. For all we know he was offered the position and turned it down. In fact, turning down the headache of being the interim head coach of this mushroom cloud is a pretty reasonable thing to do. April probably wants to land on his feet after the shock waves have leveled everything.

That article was not one of Tim's better efforts, and in particular his list of "other" candidates was uninspired and included no rationale for who was included and who wasn't. Also, the photo with Perry Fewell's name below it, wasn't Perry.

Ralph is definitely uninspired so I'd say it's a pretty reasonable. The Jauron hiring was no less absurd than practically anyone on that list would be. And rest assured, if a Pasqualoni is hired C.Biscuit will be there to defend the hiring. The last organization changing coach the Bills hired was Chuck Knox. Even Levy was a retread who just lucked into the best talent in the conference and managed to not totally f' it up.

You can read nothing at all into the Bobby April thing. For all we know he was offered the position and turned it down. In fact, turning down the headache of being the interim head coach of this mushroom cloud is a pretty reasonable thing to do. April probably wants to land on his feet after the shock waves have leveled everything.

Yeah, nothing too appealing about getting a token shot at interim coaching so that you can have the 0-7 record on your slate forever.

If Ralph is taking advice from Donald Trump he'd end up hiring Leach. USFL killer Trump tore the U of Miami president a new one when she passed on Leach to hire Randy Shannon in-house. Trump was right on that one. Yeah, the U is better with Shannon than Larry Coker, but they still aren't even in the same hemisphere as Florida and they would be if Leach were there.

Interestingly enough, when the USFL died it's slow death, Jim Kelly ended up under contract to Trump. Now Kelly talks of an ownership group with the financial wherewithal to purchase the Bills, and I can't help wondering whether that group includes Trump - who is a personal friend of...

Ralph/Russ - guy's got no buyout, makes less than you paid that fool Jauron, and Louisville's about to make a play for 'im - WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!

Besides being an outstanding coach, a brilliant mind, and an offensive genius, Mike Leach is a marketeer's dream!!!!

Ugh there is no University OF Buffalo. Its the University AT Buffalo.

Anyway, Turner's strength relies in the college ranks.

University at Buffalo is a local thing. Any national reference is University of Buffalo.

Just like no news organization goes out of its way to call it The Ohio State University.

That article was not one of Tim's better efforts, and in particular his list of "other" candidates was uninspired and included no rationale for who was included and who wasn't. Also, the photo with Perry Fewell's name below it, wasn't Perry.

I would agree, but that would suggest I actually gave an effort.

This isn't the be-all, end-all list. It was compiled a couple hours after the guy was fired, and the person making the hire probably isn't even in the organization yet.

This is just something to give a broad idea of what's out there.

I would urge you to drop your suggestions in the comments section so the country can read what you think ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...s-coach-in-2010

And I don't pick the photos. That's done in Bristol, and the news service that took the photo misidentified Cross in the photo. The editor who searched "Perry Fewell" in the photo library was given that shot and trusted it. We've made the correction.

Pasqualoni may be a reach, but I don't understand the hate for the guy.

How about a WTF @ the Dolphins secondary coach when that is the worst part of the team (along with WR)?

He will be an NFL head coach, maybe as soon as next year. NFL coaches and executives believe he's legit.

Guest dog14787
Interestingly enough, when the USFL died it's slow death, Jim Kelly ended up under contract to Trump. Now Kelly talks of an ownership group with the financial wherewithal to purchase the Bills, and I can't help wondering whether that group includes Trump - who is a personal friend of...

Ralph/Russ - guy's got no buyout, makes less than you paid that fool Jauron, and Louisville's about to make a play for 'im - WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!

Besides being an outstanding coach, a brilliant mind, and an offensive genius, Mike Leach is a marketeer's dream!!!!

There's allot to like about Mike Leach and I wouldn't mind seeing his boy Graham Harrell get a shot at the NFL.

University at Buffalo is a local thing. Any national reference is University of Buffalo.

Just like no news organization goes out of its way to call it The Ohio State University.

Not that any of this matters, because it really doesn't, but any reference outside of WNY is just Buffalo. Name was changed when the school joined the SUNY system. University OF Buffalo was private; AT Buffalo is SUNY. Oh so subtle, eh?

Does the search for a replacement begin now or must the team wait until the season is over to accommodate the Rooney rule and interview whatever assistants they are eyeing?? I suppose if Ralph was backing up the truck for Shanahan, a deal could be struck tomorrow, right?

Peace out, Tim.

Actually it is the State University of New York at Buffalo. The name University of Buffalo was used until it became a SUNY school in 1962.

Look at http://www.buffalo.edu or the seal.

Is it a minor thing? Sure. The point still remains, there has not been a University of Buffalo in 47 years.

Not that any of this matters, because it really doesn't, but any reference outside of WNY is just Buffalo. Name was changed when the school joined the SUNY system. University OF Buffalo was private; AT Buffalo is SUNY. Oh so subtle, eh?

Does the search for a replacement begin now or must the team wait until the season is over to accommodate the Rooney rule and interview whatever assistants they are eyeing?? I suppose if Ralph was backing up the truck for Shanahan, a deal could be struck tomorrow, right?

Peace out, Tim.

Buffalo also would be proper, but in a story about the Bills, you have to differentiate.

I've heard rumblings the search for a GM has started. If true, then the coaching search will begin after the GM is hired.

Actually it is the State University of New York at Buffalo. The name University of Buffalo was used until it became a SUNY school in 1962.

Look at http://www.buffalo.edu or the seal:

seal.gif

Is it a minor thing? Sure. The point still remains, there has not been a University of Buffalo in 47 years.

And there hasn't been an Ohio State University in 25 years.

And for a brief time in the 1990s there was no such thing as Kent State.

I'll bet you can guess what those schools are called when referred to in newspapers.