Guess which former NFL coach sold their house today?

bluenews

Maybe someone out there has the stats, but how much of Shanahan's success can be attributed to some guy named Elway, and to the Front Office folks who were able to draft/sign great players?

True, great players go a long way to making a great coach, but how many times did Shanahan's teams look unprepared? How many times did they lead the league in penalities? How many times were they in the playoffs? Shanahan is a great coach, period. If he were to end up in Buffalo, the the world would come to and end about 3 years sooner than expected.

As long as Mike Shannahan has nothing to do with the defense sure. On the plus side he did make Jay Cutler and Jake Plummer into pro bowl qbs, he did beat the patriots in the playoffs and I believe other than Dungy was the only coaches with a winning record against Belichick. How much of his system though could be attributed to the likes of Kubiak/Kyle Shannahan and Alex Gibbs, all currently with the Texans. I would be happy with Shannahan for sure, but I'd rather have Marty.

Newsflash: NFL teams don't win without great players.

Darren, I would bet he only meant that Shanahan was fortunate to have some great players and the Broncos success had much less to do with Shanahan himself.

Darren, I would bet he only meant that Shanahan was fortunate to have some great players and the Broncos success had much less to do with Shanahan himself.

That's fine but the point remains - unless you want to lure Joe Gibbs out of retirement again, good luck finding a coach who has won titles with multiple QB's.

Outside of Champ Bailey in his prime, the 12-4 team that beat NE in the playoffs was a bunch of stiffs.

That's fine but the point remains - unless you want to lure Joe Gibbs out of retirement again, good luck finding a coach who has won titles with multiple QB's.

Outside of Champ Bailey in his prime, the 12-4 team that beat NE in the playoffs was a bunch of stiffs.

I'd take Mike Shanahan for HC and Norm Chow for OC in a NY minute

Cut the effin' crap, will ya?

If it's not total BS about that being Shanahan's house to begin with - and I'm pretty sure it's total BS (yeah sure Shanahan had a $17M manse), it's about time someone closed on that house, particularly since it went on the market way before Shanahan was fired.

Truth is, Shanahan's living in Chi-Town, is an Oak Park, IL native, and is most likely waiting to be re-united with Jay Cutler when Da Bearsss HC job opens up this winter.

This is all great conjecture but we're not the only team that will be trolling for a new head coach in the offseason and the organization is usually unbearably slow in installing new staff, often losing top candidates to other teams.