Replacing Jauron

Wizard

Other than Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, and Jairus Byrd (yes he has already been that good) seeing Dick Jauron go is in the top 5 greatest things to happen in the Bills organization in the last 20 years.

Still, as it has been mentioned on many occasions, firing a coach is simple to do. Replacing a coach that brings a culture of winning is not.

Let's celebrate the firing of Jauron, but this is just a battle that has been won. The real battle is getting a real GM and a real front office.

I'm smiling today, but I won't be celebrating until we hear the GM has been fired, the front office has changed and a winning coach is leading the Bills again.

Wizard

As I said in the firing thread this really does nothing for this year. This team sucks and it will continue to suck until the new permanent coach is brought in during the offseason and hopefully a new front office to go with it.

As I said in the firing thread this really does nothing for this year. This team sucks and it will continue to suck until the new permanent coach is brought in during the offseason and hopefully a new front office to go with it.

Does anyone really care about this year at this point? I sure don't. I'll be excited come March though as a new team begins to take shape.

Other than Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, and Jairus Byrd (yes he has already been that good) seeing Dick Jauron go is in the top 5 greatest things to happen in the Bills organization in the last 20 years.

Still, as it has been mentioned on many occasions, firing a coach is simple to do. Replacing a coach that brings a culture of winning is not.

Let's celebrate the firing of Jauron, but this is just a battle that has been won. The real battle is getting a real GM and a real front office.

I'm smiling today, but I won't be celebrating until we hear the GM has been fired, the front office has changed and a winning coach is leading the Bills again.

Wizard

Well I am ecstatic that the finally realized the mistake in keeping Jauron. Timing is off but the front office was aware enough to stop the bleeding now. Fewell is not the answer unless he proves us wrong in the intrim but the fact that FO has made the right decision and not letting us wait till the end of the seaosn wondering if they would give him another year is a step in the riight direction.

BRING IN COWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wizard

Here here!!

"Still, as it has been mentioned on many occasions, firing a coach is simple to do. Replacing a coach that brings a culture of winning is not.

Let's celebrate the firing of Jauron, but this is just a battle that has been won. The real battle is getting a real GM and a real front office."

You're dead on here Wizard you nerd. They need a GM, who brings in a new coach.

Does anyone really care about this year at this point? I sure don't. I'll be excited come March though as a new team begins to take shape.

No, and I don't think salvaging this year was the point of all this. I've been advocating Jauron's pink slip as soon as humanly possible - if only to show the players, fans, and the rest of the organization that the team's performance is beyond unacceptable.

But now we at least see that things are moving at OBD...like molasses, but they're moving.

Unless we're hiring somebody who's already employed, why wait until the offseason? Get the jump on everyone else who might be in the HC and/or GM market now. Give them time to get to know what's here personally.

I don't mind this idea, unless it's a Shanahan/Cowher/Holmgren type who wants to coach and GM. If Fewell's taking over, let him finish the season. I don't see the point of bringing in a coach from the outside right now.