Time to start the young guys?

I think it's pretty obvious, the season is over. Is it time to put the young guys in to see what they can do? Let's Give Johnson, Hardy, Hadman, Maybin as many starts as possible to see what we've got. There's really not much reason to continue to pound the regulars every down, let's see what kind of talent we have on the roster.

I think it's pretty obvious, the season is over. Is it time to put the young guys in to see what they can do? Let's Give Johnson, Hardy, Hadman, Maybin as many starts as possible to see what we've got. There's really not much reason to continue to pound the regulars every down, let's see what kind of talent we have on the roster.

way too much logic for Dickless.

Beyond his for sure that concept

Who the heck is Hadman?

The overall #11 pick sits...corners play safety...safeties play LB...but the #11 pick can't find his way onto the field? This is either:

1. Another example of Dick's juarontastic coaching ability.

2. Maybin sucks.

I too think all of the young guys should be given more playing time the rest of the way out. It's obvious this team is done for this season. Let Fitz play because Edwards is gone after this year. Let Harris get his reps at LB to see if he has a future at the position. Let Maybin get out there to get a feel for the NFL and to allow everyone else to see if he can do anything at all. Let Johnson and Hardy play in the 3 and 4 WR sets. Let McCargo get the major chunk of reps beside Stroud. Let Lankster get out on the field as the NB some. Let Nelson be on the field almost constantly so he can work on his blocking and all-around game. The more experience these guys get, the more it will help with their progression, or the more it will show the regime that they don't need to be here.

With the exception of Hardy, this is a lousy idea.

What young guys? Why?

What is Harris going to learn by allowing 200+ rushing yards per game (other than be risking injury by being worn down by the 4th quarter)?

This team has really imploded this season. That's not TO, and that is not because they blew up the offensive line. The whole team takes way too many penalties, and does not play with any sort of unity. What has happened to our special teams? Why is Parrish riding the bench?

This team seems so backwards in so many things.

Do we really have to wait 7 more weeks for regime change?

With the exception of Hardy, this is a lousy idea.

What young guys? Why?

What is Harris going to learn by allowing 200+ rushing yards per game (other than be risking injury by being worn down by the 4th quarter)?

This team has really imploded this season. That's not TO, and that is not because they blew up the offensive line. The whole team takes way too many penalties, and does not play with any sort of unity. What has happened to our special teams? Why is Parrish riding the bench?

This team seems so backwards in so many things.

Do we really have to wait 7 more weeks for regime change?

At first I was all for starting the young guys as well but now I see your point. What good is it going to do to get the young guys on the field and murdered every weekend, learning bad habits from a bad coaching staff while their at it. I agree with everything you said except Parrish. Hes a POS and cant make his way off the bench IMO.

At first I was all for starting the young guys as well but now I see your point. What good is it going to do to get the young guys on the field and murdered every weekend, learning bad habits from a bad coaching staff while their at it. I agree with everything you said except Parrish. Hes a POS and cant make his way off the bench IMO.

On a side note, Nic Harris does look like a good pick.

I just don't understand the meltdown of Parrish. He is the NFL leader in punt return yardage, and this season he all of sudden can't get past the first wave? He suddenly starts making mistakes with fielding the ball, and allows too many to be fielded by the opposing team inside the 10 yard line? I know that the NFL did away with the 3-man wedge block, but he evaporated this season.

His constant griping about wanting to be a bigger part of the offense is what I am sure is keeping him off the field right now. His agent coming out and blasting the team has not helped.

Does anyone else believe that Parrish was either trying or being coached (by Rosenhaus) to start performing horrible in order to get out of Buffalo by the trade deadline? When that didn't happen, then Rosenhaus comes out and blasts the organization. Now the organization deserves this, but isnt Parrish making like $3 million per season? Since there were no suitors at the trade deadline, why not leave him on punt returns and put him in on the 'Wildcat' offense or in some 4 receiver sets?

Get your money's worth, because he will be gone after this season. I don't see why he is not on the field. I mean, publicly criticizing the team is unacceptable, but the Bills should have found ways to get him on the field more.

Get the young guys out to evaluate their talent. I completely agree that when the Bills drafted 2 linebackers this year it is moronic to keep them on the bench and move yet another player out of position to cover. I really don't give a crap if Maybin is primarily a pass rusher. I say that until the other teams begin letting us know they are about to throw the ball and give us time to change personnel............stick Mabin in the damn game. Is it too much to ask if I expect him to learn to cover run plays as well?? Isn't he bigger than our current linebackers?? And safeties??

You know what this team could use a real healthy dose of? Passion. So we are going to lose. How about friggin trying harder! This coaching approach is crazy. No problems with multiple rookies on the O-line, and Byrd as db, but lb or Maybin nope..

One comment was about not playing them so bad coaching won't ruin them. You want some good coaching??? Have the other team's o-line slap you around a bit and get run down by the tight end or running back. Hopefully they drafted men with enough pride to take exception to this and learn to fight back. Experience will teach them. If they cannot handle adversity get the friggin creampuffs off the team. (kinda pissy today)

On a side note, Nic Harris does look like a good pick.

I just don't understand the meltdown of Parrish. He is the NFL leader in punt return yardage, and this season he all of sudden can't get past the first wave? He suddenly starts making mistakes with fielding the ball, and allows too many to be fielded by the opposing team inside the 10 yard line? I know that the NFL did away with the 3-man wedge block, but he evaporated this season.

His constant griping about wanting to be a bigger part of the offense is what I am sure is keeping him off the field right now. His agent coming out and blasting the team has not helped.

Does anyone else believe that Parrish was either trying or being coached (by Rosenhaus) to start performing horrible in order to get out of Buffalo by the trade deadline? When that didn't happen, then Rosenhaus comes out and blasts the organization. Now the organization deserves this, but isnt Parrish making like $3 million per season? Since there were no suitors at the trade deadline, why not leave him on punt returns and put him in on the 'Wildcat' offense or in some 4 receiver sets?

Get your money's worth, because he will be gone after this season. I don't see why he is not on the field. I mean, publicly criticizing the team is unacceptable, but the Bills should have found ways to get him on the field more.

The change in the wedge didn't affect punt returns, only KOs.

Parrish wanted out. Nobody was willing to part with a pick the Bills would accept. This talk goes all the way back to last off season and continued through until the trading deadline. Meanwhile Parrish became less than average at the only thing he had going for him, punt returns. Could be he wasn't interested. Could be he was trying to 'force' a trade through ineptitude, but that's a crazy thing to do. Whatever the reason(s) he is not needed on the field. He's as good as gone and sitting him is the one coaching decision I can agree with. Let him sit.

Who the heck is Hadman?

The overall #11 pick sits...corners play safety...safeties play LB...but the #11 pick can't find his way onto the field? This is either:

1. Another example of Dick's juarontastic coaching ability.

2. Maybin sucks.

Mayben is the KJ carter of Defense....both Joe Pa's boys!

I vote that he sucks and does not have th esmarts to play in the NFL....College if you big fast and want some cheerleader to look at you you can play! Here yo u need to shed a block and fight through guys smarter nd stronger than you!

The change in the wedge didn't affect punt returns, only KOs.

Parrish wanted out. Nobody was willing to part with a pick the Bills would accept. This talk goes all the way back to last off season and continued through until the trading deadline. Meanwhile Parrish became less than average at the only thing he had going for him, punt returns. Could be he wasn't interested. Could be he was trying to 'force' a trade through ineptitude, but that's a crazy thing to do. Whatever the reason(s) he is not needed on the field. He's as good as gone and sitting him is the one coaching decision I can agree with. Let him sit.

Yeah, I know that his unhappiness with not being more involved goes back a couple of seasons now, too.

He just seems like so many of the things that made him great on punt returns have all now been scrapped. He never fumbles. He always gained positive yardage. And he always seemed smart in his decisions on when and where to field the ball.

I don't disagree with the decision to bench him based upon his performance and his mouth, but why keep paying him millions to sit?

What other reason could there be for such a dramatic reversal in performance?

While I agree, DJ would'nt gain much by doing this as he's probably more into getting as good a record as he can (before being shown the door) than developing and giving reps to youngsters.

Marc in Montréal

Don't look now, but we ARE starting the young guys. It's just that there are so many of them that they can't all play at once.

Get the young guys out to evaluate their talent. I completely agree that when the Bills drafted 2 linebackers this year it is moronic to keep them on the bench and move yet another player out of position to cover. I really don't give a crap if Maybin is primarily a pass rusher. I say that until the other teams begin letting us know they are about to throw the ball and give us time to change personnel............stick Mabin in the damn game. Is it too much to ask if I expect him to learn to cover run plays as well?? Isn't he bigger than our current linebackers?? And safeties??

You know what this team could use a real healthy dose of? Passion. So we are going to lose. How about friggin trying harder! This coaching approach is crazy. No problems with multiple rookies on the O-line, and Byrd as db, but lb or Maybin nope..

One comment was about not playing them so bad coaching won't ruin them. You want some good coaching??? Have the other team's o-line slap you around a bit and get run down by the tight end or running back. Hopefully they drafted men with enough pride to take exception to this and learn to fight back. Experience will teach them. If they cannot handle adversity get the friggin creampuffs off the team. (kinda pissy today)

What is this? - Dick Jauron

We have no idea - Bills FO