Fran Tarkenton was my favorite player when I was growing up.....

The Poojer

Good topic.

My parents were both raised in the Twin Cities area so an early love of the Vikes (along with the Pack and of course the Bills) was ingrained.

OJ, Tark, Ahmad Rashad and Johnny Bench were my favorite athletes pre-1980.

Roger Staubach was favorite growing up. I of course have fond memories of "The Hail Mary".

But I think Fran's right. Myself and others on here have said the same about Trent and if another QB could do better. A good QB Big Ben or Roger Staubach MAKE STUFF HAPPEN WHEN THERE IS NOTHING. Trent or Fitz haven't shown anything close to this. If we had a better QB we could be doing better with the rest of the team as is. I hold Dick responsible for this. Trent's the best he's been able to come up with.

After that game Thursday night and the one against the Falcons on Sunday night a few weeks ago, I'm starting to wonder it Jay can play too.

Just because someone gets paid to say something, does that make it not true?

Because he makes plays and wins (didn't Belicheat have a thing for proven winners in his QB profile thing?).

College football has a long history of QBs who 'make plays and win' (especially playing Vandy) but have no hope of succeeding at the pro level.

Because he makes plays and wins (didn't Belicheat have a thing for proven winners in his QB profile thing?).

And frankly, I don't think you read the link.

I heard the Tarkenton Interview, don't worry about me clicking your link.

Frankly, i live in Florida, seen the kid play. He's played in pretty much a spread option his whole life. And well that really doesn't translate well into the NFL (ex. Alex Smith). They are not winning because of him this year, they are winning because of their defense. He makes good decisions, but i just cant trust a QB who can't throw well and has never really played in cold weather. that's something you really want in buffalo?? again??