Where have all the Cutler lovers gone?

Let's be real here, Cutler is better than Edwards, but he's not as good as the hype surrounding him.

He's a perennial loser, terrible attitude, and makes bone head mistakes when his team needs him most.

There is no doubt what so ever, that Denver got the better of the trade. Orton won when he was in Chicago and he is winning in Denver, AND they received a first rounder this year, ANOTHER first rounder in 2010 and A THIRD ROUNDER in 2010.

I've been saying this for a while now, that he was overrated, and also said that Denver got the better of the deal, contrary to popular opinion.

Everyone was ragging on McDaniels, and how he ran Cutler out of the town. Now look who's on top, and laughing.

Cutler is a gunslinger very much like Brett Favre. Now where would Farve be if he hadn't been trained in the west coast offense with people like Jon Gruden and Steve Mariucci as his QB coach, Mike Holmgren as his head coach. Holmgren used to hammer on Brett all the time about his passes and play call adjustments.

Players like Cutler need a Mike Shanahan to reign them in and keep them pointed in the right direction, which he clearly doesn't have in Chicago.

Good Post rabbit,

Jay Cutler kind of reminds me of JP Losman and before Cutler fans start freaking out, I think Cutlers very talented and I also feel the same way about JP Losman. The great job Jim Fassell is doing with Losman has shown amazing results in a very short time and it wouldn't surprise me to see JP Losman get another shot at the NFL again.

You could be right. If JP keeps his eye on the prize he might compete for a 3rd string NFL job down the road..

Guest dog14787
You could be right. If JP keeps his eye on the prize he might compete for a 3rd string NFL job down the road..

Come on, do you really think JP Losman is that bad. The lack of proper coaching can really hurt a developing QB and Losman is already showing an improvement after playing under Jim Fassel for just a very short time.

Bleah, I sure don't want this Turkey. NFL-worst 17 interceptions in all. The guy is just a tease. He's got some talent, but can't put it together. I really don't know why so many people were crying for him.

I know our QB situation is bad, but he's little improvement.

He's playing like a young Favre would have without Holmgren to guide him(or him without Shanahan). Super talented young QB, and though he may end up being a Jeff George I'd put money on him being a superstar QB in the near future. You can teach a guy not to take so many chances, you can't teach the arm/accuracy/athletic ability/toughness the guy has. Anyone who thinks Orton is better is delusional. Teams just figured out that Orton can't throw the ball downfield with accuracy and are now sitting on the short game and now the Broncos aren't half the team they appeared to be. They weren't even remotely competitive in their last 2 games. Reminiscent of what teams did with Trent last year when they realized he didn't have the arm or the fortitude to take chances downfield.

Bleah, I sure don't want this Turkey. NFL-worst 17 interceptions in all. The guy is just a tease. He's got some talent, but can't put it together. I really don't know why so many people were crying for him.

I know our QB situation is bad, but he's little improvement.

Respectfully disagree. His decision making needs to improve inside the red zone, no question about that, but he is very talented and eventually will be one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL.

He's playing like a young Favre would have without Holmgren to guide him(or him without Shanahan). Super talented young QB, and though he may end up being a Jeff George I'd put money on him being a superstar QB in the near future. You can teach a guy not to take so many chances, you can't teach the arm/accuracy/athletic ability/toughness the guy has. Anyone who thinks Orton is better is delusional. Teams just figured out that Orton can't throw the ball downfield with accuracy and are now sitting on the short game and now the Broncos aren't half the team they appeared to be. They weren't even remotely competitive in their last 2 games. Reminiscent of what teams did with Trent last year when they realized he didn't have the arm or the fortitude to take chances downfield.

Good point about Orton vs Cutler, the thing is you just can't compare the Bronco's offense to the Buffalo Bills. Lets not forget that blind side safety blitz that caused the severe concussion in Arizona, nobody even tried to pick that blitz up and nobody was even smart enough to shout "fire fire fire" to warn of the blitzer.

This season AVP had literally no off season to prepare him for that job and is just winging it as he goes. The Bills O line on the ends is simply horrid, worst line in the NFL because of the tackles. 29th in total offense and 30th in passing.

This Buffalo Bills offensive coaching staff must be the laughing stock of the NFL, even the Lions are way better with a rookie, only Cleveland and Oakland are worse then Buffalo in passing.

Come on, do you really think JP Losman is that bad. The lack of proper coaching can really hurt a developing QB and Losman is already showing an improvement after playing under Jim Fassel for just a very short time.

I would also show improve net if I went from the NFL to ......whatever that fake league is.

Guest dog14787
I would also show improve net if I went from the NFL to ......whatever that fake league is.

The fake league as you call it is made up largely of past NFL coaches and players.

I'd still take Edwards over Cutler. Edwards is a back-up QB, while Cutler is a salary cap eating destroyer who could be good some games but losses too many to be worth more than $5 mil a year. Right now he's an average to eat up 1/10th of the salary cap of Chicago.

Payton Manning, sure... Cutler... NO!

Respectfully disagree. His decision making needs to improve inside the red zone, no question about that, but he is very talented and eventually will be one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL.

There are a lot of people who agree with you. I'm just not one of them. I see Jake "the Snake" Plummer with worse leadership skills (or maybe Jeff George), and he has a very alarming tendency to rack up losing records.

As for the trade? I believe that Denver got a great deal. A servicable QB and 2 first round picks.

While I think Cutler is better than what we have now in a broken Trent Edwards, I sure wouldn't want to trade 2 first round picks for him. God how that would hinder our rebuilding. We get to watch Chicago pay for it instead. I guess I'd rather have the pre-concussed Trent along with the pair of 1sts.

He's pretty bad, and we really cannot judge him against his current competition.

Cutler is a cry baby. I would never want him in Buffalo. Atleast Check Down doesn't lose us games, he just can't win them. If we get the line in order that might actually work...it's all Rothlesberger did the first couple years.

And run the ball.....Edwards is an accurate QB who can manage a game if we can get the running game going....We ran the ball pretty well the 1st two games...and then just went away from it completely....

And run the ball.....Edwards is an accurate QB who can manage a game if we can get the running game going....We ran the ball pretty well the 1st two games...and then just went away from it completely....

Edwards is "accurate" because:

A)He doesn't throw the ball downfield, so his passes are very short and easy to throw on target

and

B)Because he doesn't throw with anticipation. Good NFL QB's at the very least throw the ball to spots and lead receivers on the move. All Trent's short and intermediate throws are to stationary targets that are turned to face him. EASY throws. The only ball he throws to a spot is that go route, inaccurately usually, over the top to TO or Evans.

Initially, he showed the ability to throw with anticipation and to drop a ball in between defenders in the middle of a zone, but that was before teams started squatting on the Bills passing game and tightening up those zones because Edwards can't command the downfield throw. This happened about midseason last year, as has been the case with Orton this year, and also coincided with his concussion. This season he has been just horrible. We can blame the concussions and the poor O-Line. They certainly have contributed a lot to his utter futility. But the bottom line is QB's with limited range have to be absolutely extraordinary to be successful in the NFL and Trent has not shown that he is.