Where have all the Cutler lovers gone?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh... he's a talented kid with nobody to learn from. He's in an offensive hole in Chicago. At least 3 of those picks last night were not his fault, not to mention the dropped balls all over the field.

With the right weapons and coordinator, he'd dominate, I have no doubt about that at all.

I'll tell you why he's an upgrade over anything we've had in years; no matter how many picks he may throw, he has no problem going back out there and putting the ball in the air. He leaves it on the field each game. I'd kill for a guy like that.

That said, he needs help in the worst way..... sometimes the grass isn't always greener....

Meh... he's a talented kid with nobody to learn from. He's in an offensive hole in Chicago. At least 3 of those picks last night were not his fault, not to mention the dropped balls all over the field.

With the right weapons and coordinator, he'd dominate, I have no doubt about that at all.

I'll tell you why he's an upgrade over anything we've had in years; no matter how many picks he may throw, he has no problem going back out there and putting the ball in the air. He leaves it on the field each game. I'd kill for a guy like that.

That said, he needs help in the worst way..... sometimes the grass isn't always greener....

I agree...other than Olsen, he has no one to throw too in Chicago.

You are right....However, we would have needed Mike Shanhan to have along with him in that trade for the Bills to be useful.

Bleah, I sure don't want this Turkey. NFL-worst 17 interceptions in all. The guy is just a tease. He's got some talent, but can't put it together. I really don't know why so many people were crying for him.

I know our QB situation is bad, but he's little improvement.

Who would have guessed thaqt Kyle Orton was the better of the 2 qbs.

Wow did Denver make out in THAT trade.

Who would have guessed thaqt Kyle Orton was the better of the 2 qbs.

Wow did Denver make out in THAT trade.

What? :blink:

You are seeing the difference that good coaching, a good system, and some weapons can make. Take nothing away from Orton, I'm happy for him to be out of Chicago and into a better system. But, he's NOT the better QB.

Bleah, I sure don't want this Turkey. NFL-worst 17 interceptions in all. The guy is just a tease. He's got some talent, but can't put it together. I really don't know why so many people were crying for him.

Chicago does not have any talented recievers imagine what he could do with his ability to throw down the field with Evans and TO it would be huge!!!

Jay Cutler = Jeff George

What you see with Jay Cutler in Chicago is what you would get if he, or any other QB had came into Buffalo to supposedly be an upgrade.

You guys gotta realize the Bills have a horrid O line that can't sustain a running game nor protect the QB properly. They have an equally horrid offensive system that fails to get the ball into the WR's hands enough.

I'm hoping that Wilson hires a coach with a west coast background to completely overhaul the offensive system...at some point.

Still, Cutler is 4th overall in passing yards and Edwards is 30th, but I doubt Cutler could throw while sitting on the sidelines with a concussion...

Good post. Agreed on all counts.

Good grief, the guy is a gunslinger. I would take him over anyone we have in a heartbeat. Cutler will be just fine. Edwards is a backup on most NFL teams.

I agree.

I would take him over anyone we have and what about 20 other teams have as well.

Good grief, the guy is a gunslinger. I would take him over anyone we have in a heartbeat. Cutler will be just fine. Edwards is a backup on most NFL teams.

JP was a gunslinger how did that work out for us? It takes an entire team to make a QB successful. We lack a o-line they lack wide receivers.

Take a look at the recent SEC quarterbacks in the NFL.

Subtract the Manning brothers.

Look what's left....

JaMarcus Russell

Jason Campbell

Rex Grossman

Brodie Croyle

Matthew Stafford (definitely gets a grace period, not putting him in the "bust" list for a few years)

Jay Cutler (not a bust yet, great skills, but hasn't proven he can be a leader and a winner. Questionable attitude.)

And check out the QB play in the SEC this year. Interceptions, "managing the game", and Tebow off tackle for 7 yards pretty much sums it up.

What? :blink:

You are seeing the difference that good coaching, a good system, and some weapons can make. Take nothing away from Orton, I'm happy for him to be out of Chicago and into a better system. But, he's NOT the better QB.

They got a 1st rounder too, right?

What??? I saw the pick where Hester slipped. No fault there. The others??? HORRIBLE decisions coupled with disgusting passes. He had two picks where if the first SF defender didn't catch it, there were two right behind him waiting to make the INT. And on top of all that, the Bears D hangs tough and gives them a chance to win.

Was it the offensive coordinator's fault when they went 80 yards in the last two minutes? Or the WR's? It was ALL Cutler who led them to multiple red zone opportunities, but everyone else's fault once they got there??? Sounds suspicious.

Even with all the mistakes, everything was in place, until it came time to win the game, which has been Cutler's downfall. Another horrible pass, 5th INT, game over.